Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. Phillipo1974
    Started by Phillipo1974 +,

    Hi all, I am in a bit of a dilemma about my fitness test this Friday. I have been suffering from the flu for the last few weeks and my fitness has suffered and so has my training. Last few days I have been feeling better but my fitness is not that good. I want to ahead and donut but worried about failing it

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 696 views
  2. Wellgood
    Started by Wellgood,

    Hello everybody, I think I should introduce myself, I've been trawling these forums without saying a word for awhile as I didn't fully believe I would become a special. After applying last July 2013 I finally received the good news in December that I had made it to the assessment last Saturday. After thinking my attempt wasn't good enough I finally recieved good news yesterday that I had made it, what a very happy moment that was. Fitness test next on the 7th of February. Better start running ASAP. I would just like to say that everyone gives great advice to applicants and comes across friendly here. Hope to be playing cops and robbers in the city centre one day.

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 798 views
  3. special by name
    Started by special by name,

    I'm looking to buy a new handcuff holder for my belt as the leather one we get issued is Bob! I'm also looking at a high vis tac vest, am I allowed to buy my own kit, or does it have to be issued? I only also because I always see people with loads off stuff that doesn't get issued

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 2.6k views
    special by name
  4. Chaos871546081206
    Started by Chaos871546081206,

    As many of you will know the University of Central Lancashire has been running a policing course for a few years now. Most threads about the course inevitably become a debate about the worth of a Policing degree, hopefully this one will not as it is intended to provide people who are interested in the course with information about it. The course is 2 years long and is run at Preston and Burnley campuses. It gives you an FDSC (Foundation Degree in Science) in Policing. Successful completion of the two years allows you to do a third year to 'top up' the degree to a full Bsc in Police and Criminal Investigation. more information can be found on Uclan's website: http://ww…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 8.2k views
  5. Sibzor
    Started by Sibzor,

    Good evening! I am in the process of filling in my application form and the main thing I am struggling with is deciding my location preference. I have narrowed it down to 3 locations, but I it would be nice to hear opinions from people who work these boroughs then I can make a more educated decision. Here are my reason for my choices: Bolton because I lived in Bolton for 30 years and know it like the back of my hand. Rochdale because I know it a little and there are quite a few rough areas which I like the idea of. Tameside because I have read a lot of good things from specials about Tameside hereon the forums. This is, however, where I live, so I'm not so sure if it…

    • 18 replies
    • 951 views
  6. trickyd91
    Started by trickyd91 +,

    From GMP's Facebook page: There will be a recruitment event held at the Wai Yin Learning Centre in the City Centre from 10am - 4pm on Friday 24th January 2014. Hope this helps anyone!

    • 0 replies
    • 547 views
  7. DasBizkitMonster
    Started by DasBizkitMonster,

    Is there anyone here on the January intake?

    • 17 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. scl.87
    Started by scl.87,

    Was wondering if anybody had any tips or training advice? I failed my bleep test last week at 5.2!! Anything much appreciated! Cheers!

      • Like
    • 50 replies
    • 4.1k views
  9. scl.87
    Started by scl.87,

    Did anybody attend the assessment day last weekend? I am anxiously awaiting my results!! Does anyone happen to know the pass % or does it depend on how candidates perform on the day? I'm really confused! Thanks

      • Like
    • 71 replies
    • 2.6k views
  10. plpl
    Started by plpl,

    Hi All, From Met website: Police recruitment has changed. Anyone who wants to become a new police constable in the Metropolitan Police Service will need to have successfully completed the Certificate of Knowledge in Policing (CKP) before applying as a new police constable. The CKP is a mandatory requirement and you will only be able to apply once you have obtained this qualification. Apparently it will become a requirement for all the forces in England and Wales. Does anyone know if it's going to be required by GMP anytime soon? Cheers

    • 7 replies
    • 2k views
    special by name
  11. TP2
    Started by TP2,

    I'm down for the Christmas Day night shift, 23-07 - anyone done one before, and know whether it's busy? Also - got the option to do the Black Friday shift (Custodian) - again, anyone done one before, and is it as busy as it's supposed to be? I'm going to get earache from my other half for whatever shifts I do over that period, so I need to make the most of my hours

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 1.4k views
    special by name
  12. SCK
    Started by SCK +,

    Hi GMP'ers. I am looking for an email address of your HR department. I am struggling to find one online and my email system doesn't show other force details. If anyone can help it would be appreciated. I am a serving officer and have access to the parade room section in case you only feel comfortable posting it in there. Thanks. SCK

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 645 views
  13. SebastianB87
    Started by SebastianB87,

    I've seen some users who post on here say that they do role plays around SP for the SDE days? Are any of you role playing this weekend?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1k views
  14. special by name
    Started by special by name,

    Does a crime need to be phoned in when issuing one of there for a non endorsable offense?

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
    special by name
  15. butter
    Started by butter,

    Hello I've just received an email about the August intake now being full and that my file is being progressed towards the October intake pending Vetting. I would have been on the August intake but a long paid-for trip got in the way. Is there anyone else on here who is aiming for October?

      • Like
    • 79 replies
    • 3.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.