Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. WolfJC
    Started by WolfJC,

    Hi. I was wondering if anyone has any information on what it is like working on Bury Division

    • 12 replies
    • 1.8k views
    Chaos871546081206
  2. Hudson01
    Started by Hudson01,

    Hi, I understand about the petrol allowance for travelling but can anybody tell me what the time periods are for meal allowances ? I thought the period of 5 hours came into it somehow but then after a certain number it goes up again from about £9 to about £13... i think. But exactly what they are i can not seem to find. Thanks

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. Phillipo1974
    Started by Phillipo1974 +,

    Hiello there, Dies anyone here work on the L Divsiob? Is it a good division to work on? What opportunities are there on division And can tondo response or is it just NPT? Thanks Phil

    • 1 reply
    • 835 views
  4. Poyol
    Started by Poyol,

    Hi Everyone, I had a quick look to see if this topic had been started in the past but couldn't find one!! I applied for the Specials in 2009 and failed the paper sift because I attained the lowest marks on eligibility questions... which is a D. I know that I could do the job well, and is something that I've always wanted to do as I want to be a regular after a few years. Does anyone have any examples of well thought out eligibility answers? I'm not looking to copy I'm looking for an example that shows me what would get in compared to mine that didn't!! Or a summary of an answer that got in would even help. Thanks Just ask if you don't understand what I mean!! J…

    • 7 replies
    • 846 views
    Chaos871546081206
  5. Topman1546081267
    Started by Topman1546081267,

    Can anyone shed any light on what percentage is needed to pass this test and also whether they are multiple choices when answering it Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Chaos871546081206
  6. TSF1546081249
    Started by TSF1546081249,

    Delighted to have found out today that I have passed the assessment centre.....Fiiness test is on 20th April :D

    • 19 replies
    • 993 views
    Chaos871546081206
  7. GMP_Lee
    Started by GMP_Lee,

    how long did it take you to pass vetting and receive a start date for training ?

    • 17 replies
    • 2k views
  8. crunchie580
    Started by crunchie580,

    Has anyone seen the advert for (six) Specials within the RPU ? Do you know of anyone who is applying ? Does anyone knwo any more about this ?

    • 19 replies
    • 2.8k views
  9. Owen
    Started by Owen +,

    Just a quick question really - I've spotted a Hatchback Ford Focus about (I think 59 or 10 plate with new livery), I believe it is based at Stretford but it has ANPR on it... Any idea's as to what it's job is? Thanks, Owen. :D

      • Like
    • 46 replies
    • 4.4k views
    Smiley Culture +
  10. GMP_Lee
    Started by GMP_Lee,

    Seems my worries about BMI were not needed, I was told by the nurse that I'd passed fine although my BMI was slightly high (31.79) she said it was fine for specials but not for regs. She asked me what sport and exercise i do which I'm guessing is also taken into consideration. For anyone who has not yet had the medical it will take around 1.5 hour in total. You go to the forces medical building and a nurse will take a specimen of urine for drugs testing. Your then taken to another room and your height, weight, blood pressure, heart rate, lung capacity and maximum V02 is taken by blowing into a big tube. Your then taken to another room to perform the hearing test in a…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Topman1546081267
  11. GMP_Lee
    Started by GMP_Lee,

    I was asked today where I wanted to be based and said South Manchester Around the airport area. Is anyone else working this division ?

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 2.3k views
  12. culturist
    Started by culturist,

    I'm currently 15, almost 16, and near to finishing my High School education. I decided to opt out of college due to the fact that I want to further my 'work experience' with intention to apply to the regulars at the age of 18. 1) What jobs would you recommend me doing, both voluntary or paid, that would give me the experience needed to answer the competency questions with ease? I was thinking along the lines of a customer service role or returning back to my primary school to help out as I have done in the past - it's something that I enjoy doing. 2) Does anyone have an idea of when GMP recruitment will begin again? Of course, I understand the current situation with p…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.8k views
  13. GMP_Lee
    Started by GMP_Lee,

    Does anyone work in C-Division ? Wouldnt mind having a chat. I'm hoping to work in this area once i've passed vetting and medical

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. Duffman
    Started by Duffman,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-12364741 Police officers could work with social workers in neighbourhood centres under proposals to tackle "chaotic" families. Greater Manchester Police Chief Constable Peter Fahy wants to move staff out of police stations and into offices with council workers. The proposal could help reduce anti-social behaviour by working with families before they are involved in more serious offences. But it could mean police moving from areas where there are fewer crimes. Mr Fahy said cuts required forces to re-think structures to stem costs. He said one family, which had been involved in a series of incidents, had cost his f…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Smiley Culture +
  15. GMP_Lee
    Started by GMP_Lee,

    Congratulations to anyone that passed this today

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Chaos871546081206

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.