Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Civil Nuclear Constabulary

 
 
  1. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Hi All, I've been offered a place on the training course for Jan 2nd and I've got to let them know tomorrow. I've only heard negative things about the area and been warned to avoid but I want to give it a chance as I wanna get on with training. Any serving officer out there that could give me some advise ASAP would be great. Many thanks Pud

    braveheart1971
  2. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Hi People, Finally got an offer but it's for Sellafield and all I have heard from anyone (including one of the instructors at the firearm assessment) is what a total hole the area is. I hate to sound like an ungrateful t*at as I'm sure plenty of you out there would love to swap places but I have a real dilemna as I don't want to relocate my family from Kent and then regret it. Anyone out there got any advice either way? There's no chance of transfer before the two year probationary period has been served and even then I've been told transfers are only possible when there is an opening at another site so going there and moving on isn't an option. I'm desperate to get o…

    braveheart1971
  3. jls
    Started by jls,

    Well, I phoned HR today and was advised there are no Assessment centre dates planned for this year! They will be looking at Dates in January, so the wait continues?

    • 1 reply
    • 799 views
  4. Umps24!
    Started by Umps24!,

    Hi All, I have been vetted for the CNC and now been told to basically kick back and wait for an assessment date. However my driving licence COULD have 3 or 6 points slapped on it, depending on my local constabularies view of an incident (NOT drink driving!!) that I was involved in. Obviously I fully intend to declare the outcome should any points be dished out, to HR. My question is would licence points affect my application status? would they have to do my vetting again? or might they bin my app altogether?! I have looked for guidance but really cant find any information. I appreciate any comments on here would likely be guesstimates, but just interested in…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.7k views
  5. SmithPaul

    Hi All, Just thought i'd start this topic as there were quite a few questions, queries and worries that I had during recruitment that weren't necessarily relevent to a particular topic. I have come to understand that we have quite a few CNC Serving officers, CNC recruits both waiting for and in training and people who have gone through the entire recruitment process recently who may be able to help you with your queries. Obviously there are certain specifics that people cant go into with regard to the recruitment process, training and general duty but any questions and worries etc will be answered here in a way that will help you and and hopefully put any worries at eas…

  6. S1234
    Started by S1234,

    Finally my worrying and insane posting on here can stop, I've passed my A/C for the CNC! Now just for medical and vetting, praying I get on the October course! Anyone else hear about their A/C results?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
  7. Umps24!
    Started by Umps24!,

    Hi All, After finally passing papersift for the CNC (after 13 months and a few emails to HR!) I am currently waiting on an assessment centre date. Could anyone from the fountain of knowledge that is this forum give me an idea of the sort of time scale I should be thinking of till my assessment centre date,and what this depends on etc? Also could anyone shed any light on what the CNC assessment centre and firearms assessment entails? Finally, is there a mean average sort of timescale for the assessment centre-offer of employment process or does it vary wildly dependant on whatever? Many thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Hi Everyone, I've got pick a top three from this list to be posted to:- - Sizewell - Torness - Wylfa - Dungeness If anyone out there has any advice one way or t'other please please let me know as I need to make a decision. I was offered the chance of another site and drove the 500+ miles to lookm around and decided against it. As much as I'd like to I can't go to all the sites/surrounding areas to check. I have a young family and have to consider the area/schools etc. Thanks in advance. The Pud.

  9. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    How hard is it to become a firearms intructor with the CNC after you have served two years?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Evening All I've applied for CNC & have got the assessment centre coming up soon & had a few questions: Has anyone been on one of the Talking Blues courses - is it worth it? What is the starting salary? How long does the training last & how does this affect when you take annual leave? Cheers

    sb871546620723
  11. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Hello people, I start my CNC training on Aug 29th and was wandering if there's owt I can be doing to prepare myself, apart from keeping fit. Cheers

  12. Jords
    Started by Jords,

    Any idea what is involved during the medical, many thanks!!!

  13. jls
    Started by jls,

    Can anyone shed some light on what the CNC Firearms Assessment entails?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.8k views
  14. Jords
    Started by Jords,

    Anyone have any ideas, on what is involved during the medical assessment? many thanks!

    • 5 replies
    • 2.5k views
    Juliet Sierra
  15. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Now then, I've been wandering about what people do when they leave the CNC. I'm about to start my training and wandered about my prospects long term. Don't get me wrong I'm in for the long term but was curious. Cheers

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.