Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Civil Nuclear Constabulary

 
 
  1. j66
    Started by j66,

    Hi all, am on fitness test next week, ust wondering if its best effort and that goes towards your score or job offer etc or if they stop it at 7.4

    • 12 replies
    • 2.6k views
    sb871546620723
  2. targetchaser
    Started by targetchaser * ,

    Greetings! Just a quick question for any CNC officers of people going through the recruitment process. I am currently considering putting a transfer into the CNC.I am a AFO with a HO force with 8 years service. The idea being the wife and I can leave to madness of the south east of the UK!!! Is there any chance of getting the posting you request in CNC or will it Sellafield or nothing? Regards

  3. All good things
    Started by All good things,

    Hello fellow posters, thought i'd start a new thread too see if anybody is in / been given a date to start CNC training as a result of the current CNC recruitment drive. Anyone got good news they would like to share? Any horror stories they'd like to warn newbies about ( I count myself as a newbie lol) Also any Sellafeild officers that might like to get to know the new people that might be working.with them and give us any help/advise. Thanks for any replies. And thanks to everyone on here that has posted some brilliant thoughts and information!

    • 0 replies
    • 2.9k views
    All good things
  4. Giraffe
    Started by Giraffe +,

    Just a fairly quick question, do CNC have specific bye laws that they can use at their disposal, or do they just utilise conventional criminal law?

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 3.9k views
  5. smithy1232
    Started by smithy1232,

    Hey I've got my fitness test and initial frearms assessment coming up with the CNC. Firstly could someone perhaps PM me what the firearms assessment involves please? Secondly, if I pass then I'm looking at a start date in a couple of months time apparantly. Now I currently am based a 6 hour drive from Sellafield. Can anyone give any input at to if there is accommodation on site or are there specific areas that people working there look to live? Feel free to respond in PM if you can't post it on here. Thanks Smithy

    • 10 replies
    • 3.5k views
  6. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi, just a quick question to anyone who would know. Do you think the cnc would open recruitment for Harwell in the near future? As it stands only Sellafield has places!

    • 1 reply
    • 1.8k views
  7. CountyCop
    Started by CountyCop +,

    Hey All I currently have a brother intrested in applying to the CNC, I know that it is a very specialized role. Does it have different health and fitness requiments compared to the regular forces? Cheers Brett

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  8. benjy1546081028
    Started by benjy1546081028,

    Hello everyone , I know there are several topics on various parts of the CNC recruitment, but i was just wondering if anyone on here has joined the CNC and has had to move far away from friends and family ? If so how have you found it ? social life ? housing etc Thanks for your time Ben

    • 1 reply
    • 1.7k views
  9. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi all I am thinking of applying for the cnc. Could you help me with my decision with some pros v cons? Also are home office constables really quitting to join the cnc? Cheers.

  10. 1906johns
    Started by 1906johns,

    Hi all, i'm applying to join the CNC and i wanted to know whether officers are allowed to serve in the territorial army as well because i am serving in the TA currently cheers alex

    • 5 replies
    • 2.3k views
    neptune11546081205
  11. tomm1981
    Started by tomm1981,

    Hey folks, just thought I'd let you know that recruitment for transferees/rejoiners and new recruits is open for CNC again. Full details on their website https://cnc.engageats.co.uk/Login.aspx Be prepared to go to Sellafield though, as this is what it is stating on the job description. Good Luck all !

    • 15 replies
    • 4.4k views
    neptune11546081205
  12. CraigP
    Started by CraigP,

    I currently have an application with the CNC. I received a letter today basicly saying they have lots of spaces at Sellafield and naming a few that they wont be taking on from. They also attatched a change of site preference form. One of the paragraphs states places are determined by assessment score, your site preference and opperational requirements and they are not garenteeing an offer of employment if I do pass everything. I feel the letter is suggesting that I change my preference to Sellafield or risk not starting at all. Im not keen on Sellafield as its over 5 hrs from home and my partner definately would nt be keen on moving that far from our current home. But my …

    • 7 replies
    • 3.2k views
    neptune11546081205
  13. acemum
    Started by acemum,

    Hi, I'm 6 months into my probation, and today I got roped into giving a presentation to my son's class of 5 year olds for this coming Monday. Can anyone offer advice on whether to just skirt over the CNC and firearms aspect and counter terrorism stuff? I'm not even certain if I'm allowed to talk about our role at all. Might be a bit much for the kids I think lol. I will find out difinitively what I'm allowed to say but should I perhaps pretend I have the role of a HO bobby? Any advice would be appreciated as this is a step into the unknown for me! Cheers Angela

    • 6 replies
    • 2k views
  14. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi all does anybody know if the CNC will be recruiting in the near future? I know they are funded by the nuclear industry so does this mean they are more likely to recruit than home office forces? Thanks

  15. LoganMcDog
    Started by LoganMcDog,

    Has anyone else received a letter about the change in the level required to pass the bleep test, up from 5.4 to 9.4? Does anyone know how much more training will be required for the higher level?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 2.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.