Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Civil Nuclear Constabulary

 
 
  1. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Hello, Booked my medical today and was just wandering what happens? Is it just weight, height etc? Cheers

  2. carty23
    Started by carty23,

    All the following information has been validated by a serving sergeant of the CNC. 1) Is the CNC a home office force? No, the CNC is not an home office force. It has it's own police authority (Civil nuclear police authority) and operates under the strategic direction of the Department for business, Enterprise and Regularity Reform (BERR). 2) What is the role of the CNC? Basically, the CNC's role is to protect and safeguard civil nuclear material. 3) Where do the CNC work? There are over 750 police officers and staff operating at 17 locations throughout the United Kingdom. CNC Headquarters is based in Oxfordshire and the Constabulary Training Centre located in Cumbri…

      • Like
    • 267 replies
    • 68.8k views
  3. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Morning All, Anyone out there waiting for a start date for the CNC get that e mail yesterday saying how they've changed things. I think it means if you start the training they can send where ever they choose. You can give them a preference but it doesn't really mean much. What do you reckon??????????? Pud

  4. jls
    Started by jls,

    Just heard that all applications for Hinkley Point has been frozen! And they do not know when it will re-open! :-(

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. ARV82
    Started by ARV82,

    Hi All, Just a quick question, don't know if much is know or anyone can provide any information. What does a Dog Handler in the CNC do, do they respond to jobs or is it just like site checks? Also what are the chances of getting into this role, do they have many?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  6. Sharpymax1
    Started by Sharpymax1,

    Did anybody recently have an assessment day in april/may & if so have you heard anything yet ?

    All good things........
  7. gdp
    Started by gdp,

    Hi, I've just received confirmation that I've passed the assessment centre for the CNC. Does anybody know what order the next stages (fitness test, medical, firearms assessment, interview, etc)come in? Is the fitness test the same as for Home Office forces or is the pass mark for the bleep test higher because of the AFO status of CNC officers? If anybody else is at a similar stage in the recruitment process as me have you been given any clear indication of when training might start? I keep getting only vague answers whenever I try to find out. Thanks.

  8. MidlandLass
    Started by MidlandLass,

    Hi, all. I'd be most grateful if someone could give me a genuine insight into the life of a CNC officer? I guess I'm looking for info from either a current serving officer, or a retired/transferred one. I've heard a lot about how boring being a CNC officer is, how you're looked down on by regulars, how you'll just spend your time guarding, etc. I'd really like to know what it is like? What does a day in the life of a CNC officer entail? I know there are opportunities to become dog handlers, special envoy, etc. But, in reality, can you really get into these specialities or is that just "guff" for the recrutiment campaign? Your thoughts on this would be most wel…

  9. MaidinWales
    Started by MaidinWales,

    Can anyone confirm that the CNC training for 2012 includes a fitness assessment of running in full kit, which I believe weighs around 3 stone? Thanks Buddies! 'H'

    • 5 replies
    • 1.8k views
  10. dan_foz
    Started by dan_foz,

    Hi, This is my first post and will be a bit of a rant but im hoping for some advice or guidance in relation to this thread. I am currently civilian staff and a special constable for Cheshire Police. I withdrew an application for Merseyside as they froze recruitment after I passed the competency stage when I was awaiting a date for the assessment centre. I withdrew in order to apply for the CNC and submitted my application by the initial deadline of Feb 28th 2011. On the submitted application I made it clear and sent pictures of my tattoo's. I have two full sleeve tattoos that as they cover my forearm I had to disclose. I also have chest, ribs and a leg tattood to gr…

    • 10 replies
    • 3k views
    Juliet Sierra
  11. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    I'm currently living in Kent & potentially moving up to Cumbria if I'm successful. Just wondered if anyone knows a nice area to live within commutable distance to work, that doesn't cost a fortune? Cheers

  12. braveheart1971
    Started by braveheart1971,

    I applied in Jan 2011 to CNC and have heard very little since. Everytime i speak to recruiting they tell me another 4-6 weeks. I am a serving officer in Ho force and feel like a change and this would suit for family reasons. can anyone tell me what the fitness test levels are now and whats happening with the recruitment process.Thanks

  13. markmc130
    Started by markmc130,

    CNC ARE NOW RECRUITING FOR DOUNREAY AS WELL AS SELLAFIELD,,,,,,,CHECK OUT THE CNC WEBSITE

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 6.7k views
  14. Cardiff Bluebird
    Started by Cardiff Bluebird,

    Would someone be able to assist me? I don’t want operational information of course but a basic outline would be great. I have defective vision in my right eye, enough for the standard police eyesight requirement. But I’m a tad concerned about the CNC weaponry, I can’t use a sighted weapon as being right handed also I wouldn’t be able to see the target through the sight! I’ve read the CNC site until I’m blue in the face to no avail; CNC officers have standard side arms with no sights. They say about after your probation you can train to be a dedicated AFO I assume this role use's sighted weapons? Those officers who don’t want to go down the AFO routes do they retain the…

    • 14 replies
    • 2.3k views
    Cardiff Bluebird
  15. ARV82
    Started by ARV82,

    If so please could you drop me a PM, I have a few job related questions. Tar

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.