Civil Nuclear Constabulary
324 topics in this forum
-
Hey all, Got an email a few weeks back saying Ive gotten through to the assessment centre and its sometime in June maybe? Just wondering what up todate books are worth buying? as there are some which were published in 2007 and even earlier. anyone else potentially going the same time? Must say I never really believed what I read when I applied about it taking so long ( application process) took a full 14 months from when I sent off my App to say Id passed the first stage. Regards
-
Hi guys, if there is anybody awaiting a training course (i have a conditional offer for April start date) could anyone confirm if we will have our starting pay dropped like the other forces? Regards Keyesy
-
-
- 17 replies
- 2.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Just had my day for my assessment centre on the 7th june, anyone else going in that week?
-
-
- 29 replies
- 3.4k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi guys Just wondering if anyone had any info on Dounreay. Not my preffered site by a long stretch but I would consider it. Any info on the area at all, whats is around the site? And also travel times? Kind regards.
-
Hi guys, Finally found out yesterday that I am to report for training on the 15th of July after over 2 long years in the process! Anyone else in the same boat and if so what are you folks doing in terms of travelling/living etc. Sellafield was my sight preference so im chuffed with the posting. I live in preston so im border line with regards to the traveling time etc. Will most likely be looking for somewhere like a b&b etc.
-
The CNC have lost the springfields site in Lancaster to a private Security firm Mitie! They say there is no longer the need for armed Police at that site? As a new recruit (waiting for fitness test and firearms assessment) this does not look good, as it could start the ball rolling for other sites (hope not). Are there any Springfields Officers on here who could shed some more light on this and if anyone knows where it leaves new recruits, I put down for Hinkley Point, Harwell and Dungeness. Just wondering if HR will put a hold on training courses to see where they relocate the Springfield Officers first? Been a long wait I dont really want it to go on to much longer!…
-
Hi all. Just wondering who is awaiting a firearms/medical date for Cnc. It's been a long process but after passing the A/C In March I really hope there is a light at the end of the very long tunnel. Any tips for firearms/medical would also be greatly appreciated.
-
Found out today I passed my assessment centre day last week :-)
-
Just wondering what the basis for failing the medical examination are? In my current role I was assaulted, think its aggravated a previous injury. If I go off work it's not classed as sick but injury on duty. But I don't want to mess my chances up of getting into the CNC. Any help appreciated
-
I am awaiting my cnc firearms and medical, I was originally on for recruitment for heysham but will travel within reason, does anyone know where there's vacancies
-
Hi guys, I just wanted to get some clarification on the following questions that I haven't been able to so far! 1) I'm aware the bleep test is 7.2 at the fitness assessment, however, what further fitness do you do throughout the training and what levels do you have to achieve? 2) The CNC website says training is in Cumbria but everyone else says Oxfordshire? Can anyone please clarify this? If anyone could clear these up for me I would appreciate it!
-
Greetings, As mentioned on another thread im new to the forum and have plenty of questions and an interest in all that you guys do. Im currently awaiting a posting for the CNC and have been in the process for just over 2 years! Its been a long wait but Im sure it will all be worth it in the end! I know from posts gone by that some people have had bad experiences from day 1 right through to the Nth hour to find out its not happening, but im hoping my progression will run smoothly and can get on the course. Is there anyone else at the same point as me constantly contacting HR about postings for the July 15th course? Still awaiting confirmation...They have only confirmed Do…
-
Hi guys Ive been accepted with a conditional offer to be posted to dungeness, and im on the training course starting 8th April 2013. Just wandering if anyone can give me a heads up on what fitness levels they expect and anything I should be prepared for? Im assuming they want you to be better than the score you got on the bleep test at the firearms and fitness assesment? or are they looking for continous improvement throughou the course? Also if there is anyone else looking through the site who is on the same training course? Cheers Guys
-
Excuse my ignorance, but as an applicant to a regular force and not really gaining much insight into the CNC from their website, I would like to know what kind of duties do you guys get up to? What happens on your regular shifts? (I can't imagine shoplifter/domestics/fights are a regular occurance?)
-
Hi all Can anyone tell me if you can write in capital letters on the assessment? only just thought about it and i really only write in capitals! This could be worrying :new_hmmm: