Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Civil Nuclear Constabulary

 
 
  1. joz
    Started by joz,

    Does anyone know of anybody that has failed the vetting? if so, why did they fail?

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 2k views
  2. Jewell
    Started by Jewell,

    Guys, Ex-Special and then Regular, now working in Private Security in London. Was looking for jobs in the South-West regarding security and saw the advert for CNC Hinkley site, I live in Exeter, Devon but have been working away from home(8-9 months away per year) for years and I'm really looking for a local job rather than constant travel, plus starting a family so being at home is my top goal here. But I have zero knowledge of the CNC, I know of zero people in it and was wondering, how much enjoyment you really get out of the job? Taking away the static part and your patrols of the site, what actual realistic chances do you get to specialise and if you did, did it…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  3. Reds3x3
    Started by Reds3x3,

    Hey, The HR at CNC forgot about me on the last recruitment campaign as i have been waiting for Firearms and Medical for 12 months..! Been told they are hoping to do one in April 14... I have had the medical forms all done and checked.. Anyone know what the next stage is after the Firearms Test etc... Cheers Reds

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. daveelliott80
    Started by daveelliott80 * ,

    Hi All, I'm new to the site and have a few questions about the application process. if anyone could help that would be very much appricated. I currently work in maritime security but want to apply for the CNC, I'm currently out of the country and not due back until the end of March but I want to get the process started so I don't miss out. So does anyone know what documentation is required during the application process? Thank you Dave

    • 7 replies
    • 915 views
  5. sherbetdibdab
    Started by sherbetdibdab * ,

    Hi folks i am new onto the forum been reading up on it for a few years but just registered to see if i can get some help, ive had my eye on the civil nuclear constabulary ever since i left university and i believe now is the perfect time to apply considering they are recruiting for my area and i feel as though it could be the big chance. I'm just finding the competency questions so hard i don't know if its because i haven't had much job experience or real life situations that i can think of that would be suitable for these questions, does anyone have any tips or advise for me? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 777 views
  6. will_army
    Started by will_army * ,

    Hey Guys/Girls Just wondering whether anyone has any information on recruitment drives for the CNC as i know one has just pasted??currently have 5 months left in the British Army so looking to gain a new career. As i live close to sellafield i thought this may suit me. Any information will be very appreciated. Will

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Farm Boy
    Started by Farm Boy,

    (We are currently recruiting for Police Constable vacancies at the following operational units: Dounreay, Sizewell, Hunterston, Dungeness, Hinkley Point, Torness, Sellafield and throughout the UK.) When is Hinkley likely to start up. Also with the 2 years probation training could this be completed at Hinckley or would it be another training site?? Last year I had to let my application laps/Time out, due to change in circumstance meaning I would not be able to move away and Hinckley would be the most likely site for me. Thanks in advance for your help.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
  8. richard_jn
    Started by richard_jn,

    Hello, How big is the CNC dog unit and what's the competition to get in like? Also, are the dogs and handlers based at all CNC locations throughout the UK or only at some sites? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 893 views
  9. richard_jn
    Started by richard_jn,

    Hello, On the CNC website it says the starting pay for an officer is £23k then £25,700. I can't find any further information, does anyone know what the pay scales are after this? Do they follow the same increments as the old pay scales for HO forces, so they rise up to around the £37k mark within about 10 years? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  10. Kobe
    Started by Kobe,

    I have noticed that CNC are currently recruiting. I have a pass SERCH result which I could use to transfer my application to CNC. I currently live near Bolton/Bury Gtr Manchester and wondered if anybody knew which sites (if any) I could commute to daily. I have no option of moving home due to family commitments.

    • 6 replies
    • 865 views
  11. StarScream
    Started by StarScream,

    Just wondering those of you that have just one site preference, how long the CNC keep you on the file until your results expire? Is it 6 months? When do they start it from? I'm assuming when you pass your medical? Just my circumstances have changed and I may have to drop two of my site choices which I know limits me on receiving offers but nothing I can do.

    • 1 reply
    • 565 views
  12. StarScream
    Started by StarScream,

    Hey all. Just wondering if people know when the last lot of medical dates were for? I finally got my confirmation from the ore medical (even if it was 4 months late) Curious as to how long I have to wait

    • 8 replies
    • 680 views
  13. joz
    Started by joz,

    I've had THE phone call and I have a conditional offer for 31st of march, anyone else in the same boat?

    • 16 replies
    • 1.3k views
    kevin ellwood *
  14. joz
    Started by joz,

    hi, does anyone know what the state of play is regarding meals on duty? do we have to bring our own packed lunch each day or are there any onsite canteens or do we just bring money and nip out to the nearest shop? just curious, joz

    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
  15. davey3389
    Started by davey3389 * ,

    Hi all, I'm currently in the army and after 5 years I'm starting to realize it's no longer for me and have been looking into the CNC. I have plenty of questions a lot of which I can find answers to on here, but there is just one real thing that could be a make or break for whether I apply or not. I keep reading that people are getting posted to Sellafield and that is not somewhere i really want to go. I'm looking more to be in the South England area such as Dungeness and was just wondering what the chances of this would be? Do i have to be within an hours drive of the site? Hope this all makes sense and many thanks in advance, Ben

    • 4 replies
    • 777 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.