Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Civil Nuclear Constabulary

 
 
  1. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi There Can anyone tell me if the fitness test for the CNC is a 15 meter or 20 meter shuttle run and is it still 7.2? Any info please.

      • Like
    • 47 replies
    • 3.3k views
  2. Cncrecruit321
    Started by Cncrecruit321,

    I have my fitness dates, anyone know when maybe the medicals will be?

    • 8 replies
    • 903 views
  3. jambee_5
    Started by jambee_5,

    I am about to start my course on the 28th of May just wondered if anyone else on here was. I live in Whitehaven, Cumbria and will be traveling home every weekend if possible because i have kids.

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.9k views
  4. carte_blanche
    Started by carte_blanche,

    Hi, Ive seen lots of different information regarding fitness requirements during the training. The assessment centre was a bleep test, required level was 6 something. Some forums suggest 4 mile runs are standard in the training. The CNC website says bleep test level 7.4 is required. Has anyone done a course recently and can they offer any specific help?

    braveheart1971
  5. MaidinWales
    Started by MaidinWales,

    Hi Everybody! Just wondering.....has anyone ever failed or come close to failing the CNC training course? What are they really strict on? Anyone know anything? Cheers

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 6k views
  6. BILLIOUS
    Started by BILLIOUS +,

    Hi peeps I've got a formal review at the end of the month with the CNC. I injured myself during PST and was unable to complete my firearms course as a result. I was sent home and have been receiving physio on my injury which has now healed. However I've received an email asking to attend this review where they've stated my employment may be terminated. Has anybody got any experience with one of these or could anybody give me any advice on what to expect ? Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 960 views
  7. StarScream
    Started by StarScream,

    received them today, wow what alot of information they need. Sounds stupid but with integrity being an important factor, as they looking for you to put down everything? I suffered from athletes foot years ago, do they want you to put things like that down? I spoke to my current admin today and was told I had a really good sick record and provided me with the details of the last time I was off. My doctors also want £15 just to sign the forms :/

    • 16 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. thekeymaker
    Started by thekeymaker,

    Hi everyone just wondering if theres any officers from Sizewell support unit CNC on the forums? I have a conditional offer for the posting and would love to find out more about the place, Regards Keyesy

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  9. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi Guys and Gals Anybody with any info from serving or ex-serving officers or someone in the know, what are the chances of Hinkley Point, Oldbury or Harwell having new recruits maybe next year?

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.5k views
  10. Cncrecruit321
    Started by Cncrecruit321,

    I'm awaiting firearms and medical date does anyone know if Heysham or Wylfa is due to come up and has anyone heard about dates for medical as yet

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. Burekeii
    Started by Burekeii,

    Hi folks, Just been sent the medical screening docs and wondered if anyone that has a similar situation to me could share some knowledge. I've got Psoriasis but its so mild I have only a single patch on my shin about 2 inches wide. Would something like this stop me from being considered as I originally asked earlier in the application and they said it wouldn't probably be an issue. (obviously they are not doctors) Anyone serving on here that has psoriasis? Cheers in advance.

    • 3 replies
    • 858 views
  12. paul923
    Started by paul923 * ,

    Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about further dates for the assessment centre. I received my notification that I had passed the application stage back in April and that I have been invited to the assessment centre, but there where was no dates available at the time and that they would be in contact no earlier than June. It’s coming to the end of the month now so just wondering if anyone is in the same boat or knows anymore. I know things seem to take their time with CNC as it’s been 2 years since my initial application so I’m not expecting too much and its much like a waiting game.

  13. Burekeii
    Started by Burekeii,

    Hi there, I'm new here however I've applied to the CNC and just passed my assesment centre and have a date for my firearms and fitness assessment in September. My question is this - if I pass I wondered if anyone knows if the firearms are ambidexterous to fire or do they have to be shot right handed? If so this is of concern to me as I'm a lefty! Cheers in advance.

    • 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. jls
    Started by jls,

    Just been told by HR that the March NPIA is now full, they only got enough dates for half of the candidates! Told me that there MIGHT be a couple more dates in April but as of yet not confirmed! anyone in the same boat as me?

  15. StarScream
    Started by StarScream,

    As such a long time period has elapsed since I first applied, my original manager I put down as one of my references has now left. I have been given the form to change references/employer to take along to my fitness test. My question is will they actually change it? I've spoken to a different manager at my work who is happy to provide a ref for me. I'm too late ringing HR as only just finished work and their closed

    • 3 replies
    • 653 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.