Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Civil Nuclear Constabulary

 
 
  1. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi Guys/Girls, I applied for the CNC way back in August 2011. I still havent received an assesment centre date even after several emails from HR apologising for the delay. They today out of the blue I received an email asking me to complete a medical screening form and have it returned by a set date. I didnt think I would fill a medical form in until I had passed the assessment centre. Is this normal for the CNC? Is the job really worth waiting another 6-8months for? I have read several posts lately saying how the local constabularies are taking more work of the CNC and the role is now armed guarding. Thanks MRF

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. jls
    Started by jls,

    HI Any serving Officers in the CNC or anyone in the know, have any idea what locations will be accepting new recruits later this year and next year. I originaly put down for Hinkley Point? Many Thanks.

    • 11 replies
    • 2k views
  3. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi guys im sorry of this topic has already been posted. If im successful at the assesment centre do I get posted to my first choice? or im am just offered where there are vacancies? Thanks MRF

    • 5 replies
    • 863 views
  4. davidrfisk
    Started by davidrfisk,

    Hi, I have a date for a medical this month, but have been contacted regarding an injury going back 6yrs that does not affect my daily routine at all. They are wanting more detail from my doctor but there's nothing much more they can tell them that I haven't said already. Has any one had a similiar issue? Should I be worried? Any information would help.

    • 2 replies
    • 751 views
  5. smithy6031546620976
    Started by smithy6031546620976,

    Just a quick question to try and gauge the pass/fail rate of people taking part in the CNC training courses. I read a post somewhere before about a guy who had failed his glock assessment and was subsequently thrown off the course. A firearms instructor also said during a speach to a group of us during the firearms brief "when it comes to firearms, we can't fit a square peg through a round hole." Meaning some people just can't do it!?... Is this the case? Are some people point blank just unable to get the hang of it.. Or is it a coachable skill regardless of natural ability? Cheers folks! Smithy

  6. sb871546081077
    Started by sb871546081077,

    http://www.cumbria.police.uk/news/latest-news/new-policing-arrangements-for-sellafield-ltd-site-in-west-cumbria?mobify=0 As a CNC officer this embarrasses me. I'm sure we'd be quite capable if only allowed to by the hierarchy. Sorry for double post

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 5.9k views
  7. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Morning All Am a bit concerned as handed in my notice at work & due to start my training in a few weeks but have now got a dodgy knee. Started a week ago & dr said to rest up which I have but flared up again this morning & struggling to walk. Am going to get it checked out but what will happen if I've not recovered in time for training? Is that the end of it? Cheers

  8. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    Hey guys what's the current fitness test at the moment?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.8k views
  9. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Hi, I start my training next month and in the info I've been sent it says we get most weekends off. Is that right or is it all weekends does anyone know? Cheers

  10. Monkeyxxmo
    Started by Monkeyxxmo,

    Hi everyone. Still fairly new to this site, so bear with me. (Sorry if this has already been done) Just wondered if there was any Hinkley applicants out there? Anyone had an assessment centre day? Be interested to know if there is anyone out there and how far you have go in the process? Thanks.

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    Hey all, I applied two years ago to Hinkley point and ive had confirmation that they will be booking the assessment center for march this year but not actually set a date. Anyone else in the same boat? Ive never applied for CNC before so really nervous but this would be my dream job! what should i expect and does anyone know where the assessment center is or what time we would have to be there? Also how long does it lat?

    • 12 replies
    • 1.7k views
  12. thekeymaker
    Started by thekeymaker,

    Hi everyone just wondering if theres any officers from Sizewell support unit CNC on the forums? I have a conditional offer for the posting and would love to find out more about the place, Regards thekeymaker

    • 0 replies
    • 740 views
  13. thekeymaker
    Started by thekeymaker,

    Hello everyone, This is my first post although I have been browsing for a long time, I would like to firstly thank all of the site users that have given such great advice that I have really taken into consideration with my career choice. My post is for the attention of anyone currently serving in the CNC, I am delighted to say that I have been given a conditional offer to start training in April. I plan on visiting the site I am to be posted to (not sure if I am allowed to say on the net) over the next couple of weeks and hopefully speaking to some of the officers there but I would like some input from the users on this site if possible too. One of my main questions i…

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Hi, Anyone on here starting their CNC training next month? Really looking forward to it, it would be nice to hear from you if so. Cheers

  15. smithy6031546620976
    Started by smithy6031546620976,

    Hi All, Its my first post so I thought i'd use it to clear up a few questions I have. I'm in the process of applying to become a police officer within the CNC. Just waiting on a medical. After spending a fair bit of time researching the roles that are available after your probationary period, I like the sound of the marine escort unit. My question to any serving cnc officers... Are these roles available regularly or are they few and far between? How often are ships being escorted in international water? (Is it like once every five years or twice a year etc?) How long is a typical deployment internationally? I just wonder as when I was at the pre employment assessment…

    smithy6031546620976

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.