Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Civil Nuclear Constabulary

 
 
  1. StarScream
    Started by StarScream,

    Just curious as to the people who have had offers made etc or are looking at sites which means they have to relocate just what your plans are? If all goes well I'm going to have to relocate, already been looking at property prices etc and local areas. Just wondering if anyone else has been doing the same?

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  2. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi guys/gals, I am awaiting my medical(no date as of yet) and just wondered what happends after that. Is it just a waiting game till my preferred location comes up or do HR send me a conditional offer before that? I am not sure so any info would be much appreciated. Ta muchly.

    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    Hey guys and gals I got my assessment on the 3rd of October I was wondering if anyone else had theirs?

    • 4 replies
    • 722 views
  4. StarScream
    Started by StarScream,

    So anybody know of new nuclear sites being built? Heard Hinkley was Ment to be having a new site built but last I read in my local newspaper was its been out on hold? Also oldbury was Ment to be having a new one built but I know the CNC have left there now and someone I know who works there hasn't mentioned anything.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
    E29NP1546080952
  5. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi Everyone, I am just waiting for a date for my Medical, then it is a waiting game for a start date for Dungeness. I do find it frustrating as there is no start date set for Dungeness, as I know Dounreay is set for January! Is there anyone else in the same boat as me out there?

    • 1 reply
    • 710 views
  6. StarScream
    Started by StarScream,

    Alot of talk of late has been about applying, different sites etc so thought I'd change the theme in this thread. Curious as to how easy it is to specialise in a certain aspect in the CNC, ie dogs, firearms, escorts etc. Reloads its location dependant for some but is there a long waiting list?

    • 6 replies
    • 992 views
  7. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi Everyone, I am just waiting for a date for my Medical, then it is a waiting game for a start date for Dungeness. I do find it frustrating as there is no start date set for Dungeness, as I know Dounreay is set for January! Is there anyone else in the same boat as me out there?

    • 1 reply
    • 558 views
  8. Jeebs1546081084
    Started by Jeebs1546081084,

    Don't take this the wrong way ladies and gents, but how do you hack it? I was watching (not in an intel gathering sort of way, honest :D) some of your colleagues today at my day job driving around a nuclear site and they were literally just doing loops, parking up, then doing some more loops. It didn't look all that exciting or satisfying to be honest. I was once drawn to apply to the CNC, as I would like to go down the AFO route one day, but I don't think I could do it, especially having served as a "normal" cop out and about on the streets, so to speak. What exactly do you do to pass the time? (Without breaching opsec)

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 2.1k views
    Shirley Carter
  9. Gaz77
    Started by Gaz77,

    Hi this is my first post, I passed my fitness and firearms briefing on 25th July, as yet I have not been given a date for my medical or had a conditional offer. I am starting to worry a little, my site preference was sellafield, is anyone else in the same boat? Any info would be great, cheers.

    • 5 replies
    • 782 views
  10. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi, Is there any one out there waiting for a posting to Dungeness? Or does anyone khow when there will be postings available there? I understand there will be Training courses in January and March next year plus others too! Chees in Advanvce!

    • 22 replies
    • 1.7k views
    All good things
  11. Raisedfist338
    Started by Raisedfist338,

    Any body any idea on next lot of courses up and coming, waiting on my fitness next month then my medical, applied last year in February for Dounreay of which i have received a email saying they would be moving my posting preference as i don't live near by and would be moving to a site closer. No rush at the moment as I'm currently serving in West Yorkshire Police as a PCSO the moment and hoping my history of leukaemia ( 2 years in remission ) will not hold me up.

    • 4 replies
    • 775 views
  12. BILLIOUS
    Started by BILLIOUS +,

    Hi peeps anyone received their joining instructions and starting at Culham on 2nd September 2013? Would be nice to know who else is going to be there!

  13. MattPD
    Started by MattPD,

    Just seeing if there is anyone on here that's going to be on the September 2nd training course. Would be nice to know at least one other person before hand =)

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 2.4k views
  14. NottsFox13
    Started by NottsFox13,

    Hi Guys, I’m desperate for some help on here; ive searched all the threads and can’t seem to find the info i need. I have a couple of odd looking veins on the back of my left leg, which i nearly had a heart attack about as i thought they were varicose veins, sped off to the doctor and he says they are just where my muscle has expanded after alot of training. In regards to the CNC medical which i have next week, are they likely to check these things as i’m worried they may think i have varicose veins. I've heard you have to strip down to the old undercrackers, this doesn’t bother me, i just don’t want to be misdiagnosed and fail after getting this far! …

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 875 views
  15. StarScream
    Started by StarScream,

    What's the CNC's view on this? Basically just wondering what they deem acceptable? Only been off for reasons such as a broken arm and chest Infection....which was all declared on my pre medical screening.

    • 5 replies
    • 923 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.