Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Civil Nuclear Constabulary

 
 
  1. exrecon
    Started by exrecon,

    For all those that have applied, any information or views. (I'm also curious to see the level of competition we've all got)

      • Like
    • 476 replies
    • 55.7k views
  2. mwe0
    Started by mwe0,

    Just a quick question for serving cnc officers. Just wandering what the opportunies where like currently for promotion within the force? With the ever growing numbers being recruited has it created the need for more sgts roles, more insp's etc? Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. griffa2
    Started by griffa2,

    Does anyone else have an application ongoing for Hinkley Point? Reason I ask is that there is a lot of chat regarding other sites and Hinkley Point seems to be a quiet site with no real interest (in recruitment terms) This is my first choice and the advertisement on the main website had Hinkley Point as one of the sites being offered, however looking at previous threads and comments, the main concentration seems to be at other sites (Sellafeild for example) My question really is that is there a need for addtional resource at Hinkley or is this being backfilled by current serving officers? And how likely am I to be offered my first choice? My application has been proc…

    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. scottc91
    Started by scottc91,

    Hi in a bit of a predicament with the job my fitness is tomorrow and I still can't decide if it's financially viable. I live in Wigan with my girlfriend and would have to drive up to sellafield to stay for 4 days been looking around for places to stay there and wondered if anyone has already done the move and how it is? I don't want to start and end up losing money from paying for two accommodations (work and home) and then the petrol and it's obviously not ideal living away from my girlfriend 4 days at a time

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. Pug13
    Started by Pug13,

    Just wondering if anyone else is on the July course?

    • 10 replies
    • 736 views
  6. JPH
    Started by JPH,

    Hi all, can anyone tell me how many intakes there are per year? Cheers.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. isongard
    Started by isongard,

    I am due to get retested to see if my eyes are up to the required standard for the Civil Nuclear Constabulary and i am hoping that someone maybe able to send me a copy of the form to take to the Optician as my email imploded and i have lost my copy of the forms sent by the recruitment team. many thanks in Advance. isongard

    • 4 replies
    • 630 views
  8. Rchta455
    Started by Rchta455,

    Just a quick question. As there is little exposure to the standard criminal elements of UK Law in the CNC, is it still the usual Osprey exams for promotion? Seems strange given the different training now received? Ta

    • 3 replies
    • 837 views
  9. Jim2509
    Started by Jim2509,

    Hi all, does anybody know if it's possible to transfer Day 1 results from say the Met to CNC Police and if so is there a general cut off period regarding how long the scores will be valid??

    • 9 replies
    • 732 views
  10. jls
    Started by jls,

    Just wondered, how long does the Firearms Assessment goes on for is it an indepth thing or basic stuff? Also is it in Culham or do they dot it around the country, if so do they try and put you at the closest one or is it just pot luck? I know the fitness test is 7.2 so that takes as long as it takes really. Ta very muchly.

    • 19 replies
    • 3.5k views
  11. JoeO
    Started by JoeO * ,

    Hi, first post here, so hello to all. Im an ex special, and after 14 years of self employment, i want a regular job and all that goes with it. I notice that the CNC are recruiting, so i am going to put an application in. I had a security job in the 90's for 4 years, manned guarding, mobile patrol and retail shopping centre/mall work, so i think i know what i am getting into, but obviously on a bigger scale and of higher importance. Anyway, with regards to living 40 mile's from your place of work, i have used google directions and i live 44 miles from house to main gate at Sizewell. Would the extra 4 miles cause much of an issue if i was lucky enough to get my first cho…

    • 5 replies
    • 858 views
  12. ACL15
    Started by ACL15 +,

    Hi all Fairly new to this forum but recently passed my assessment centre and received invite to fitness and firearms which I have in the next few weeks.. Just wondering how much they consider your site preference? My first choice is Hartlepool as I live fairly close and that would be perfect but I understand they are looking at other sites first. It's kind of nerve wracking not knowing any information at all with regards to where I may be posted (should I be successful of course!) and I can't understand why if they were just looking for certain sites, why were all the others listed on the application. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Thanks in advance

    • 1 reply
    • 554 views
  13. newbie_ste
    Started by newbie_ste,

    Hello, this is my first post to this forum, I have just been informed that I have been successful and been asked to attend A/C at the end of April. I want to be in the best possible position to pass, so does anybody have any info about what to expect and if it differs at all to home office assessments. I have also heard conflicting things about weather they allow you to use a calculator or not. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. thanks :new_yummy:

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. Dunkeh
    Started by Dunkeh,

    Hey all, New to the forums but a long time watcher. Just a quick post to see who's applied for Dounreay? Dunk

      • Like
    • 84 replies
    • 7.5k views
  15. mackie123
    Started by mackie123,

    Hello, This might sound like a stupid question but with all the nuclear decommissioning going on is the CNC going to last? I've probably completely missed the point but I thought that if a site is being decommissioned then there will be no nuclear material and therefore no need for it to be guarded by armed police. I'm sorry if this is a stupid but if someone could help me out and explain it to me that would be appreciated. Thanks, Mackie

    braveheart1971

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.