Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Civil Nuclear Constabulary

 
 
  1. XA84
    Started by XA84 +,

    Hi guys, I'm hoping you can clarify something for me. If I was to join the CNC and spend 2-3 years in the service and then decided I wanted to move to say a local force. How would that work, would I have to reattend and do probation with that force given I wouldn't be up to date with local laws? Also what would happen with my firearms qualification? Hope you can help! Thanks.

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.6k views
  2. StarScream
    Started by StarScream,

    Any one have any idea when the next Medicals are likely to be?

    • 7 replies
    • 672 views
  3. Spudsonfire
    Started by Spudsonfire,

    I just had THE phone call! I've been offered a conditional place on the jan course. I'm going to Hinkley Point provided I pass my medical and vetting. Anyone joining me?

    • 39 replies
    • 2.8k views
  4. Pug13
    Started by Pug13,

    Quick question for anyone that has been in my position. I have passed all my assessment but still waiting for my medical, I sent off all my medical stuff and got a letter saying I'm on the ill list. I was honest that I had a shoulder op from a torn rotator cuff from rugby, but have never had a problem with it or had to go back to the doctors and still play semi pro. Will I be fine or should I be worried? Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 616 views
  5. joz
    Started by joz,

    hi guys, this might be a really stupid question, but who is responsible for washing and ironing uniforms? Do we do it ourselves or is it all done "in house" at the site? The only reason i'm asking is because I just want to cover all considerations before choosing a property near to site. I've thought about buying a caravan but not many have washing machine facilities.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Jeebs1546081084
  6. joz
    Started by joz,

    hi, just wondered if you can purchase some of your own equipment once in the CNC (i.e. boots, gloves, pouches etc) or do you have to use what you are given?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. Mossy Balboa
    Started by Mossy Balboa,

    Hi all, I'm new to this froum and after looking through a lot have decided to post my first topic After applying to CNC in Jan 2012 and passing the paper sift and then not hearing anything for a long time things have finally started to move. I passed the assessment centre on 19th August 2013 in Ryton and have now been invited to a fitness and firearms assessment in Ryton on 7th November. Has anyone got their fitness on the same day? Or was anyone on at my assessment centre? Mossy (Alan)

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. Cocoapops
    Started by Cocoapops,

    Hi, Is everyone on here all new starts with CNC, or is anyone transferring? I applied for Sellafield over 2 years ago as a transferee and I'm no further forward yet.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. keatsy
    Started by keatsy,

    just had an email from hr saying ive been unsuccessfull, anyone know what the chances are of appealing etc? assessment centre really wasnt what i expected at all and cant wait 6 months to re-apply need something better asap

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
    All good things
  10. Spb123
    Started by Spb123 * ,

    Hi to all,newbie to the site and wanted to say hello..after putting in a recent application form ( last month) I've been asked today to attend Ryton early sept for the assessments . While I'm busy beavering away reading past threads and topics re recruitment etc,I'm open to any advice from members past and present who may want to offer a little help. I appreciate opsec,so I'm not directly asking for any help, but there just seems to be a huge umbrella on what to research into for the test centre..... Am I over thinking it and flapping or should I panic and run for the hills?? Firearms and fitness shouldn't be a problem due to current role but I flap when being intervi…

    • 11 replies
    • 2.5k views
  11. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi there Just a question to all you seving CNC Officers out there, I filled out a uniform size form however im unsure about footwear do we have to get our own boots or do the CNC prvide them? Cheers very muchly.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi Everyone I have a conditional offer for 25th November pending Medical on 8th October and Security Vetting! I understand that you will know either way on the medical day if you have passed or failed? The vetting can take sometime and I am lead to believe it can go on even once training has started! What my question is (if anyone know's) how do you know when to hand your notice in at your current employment, as I have to give one month's notice, do the CNC say yes hand it in or is it up to you to hand it in when you want to? Cheers.

    • 64 replies
    • 3.7k views
  13. JamesLeeds
    Started by JamesLeeds * ,

    Is the vetting carried out the same as Security Clearance done by the Defence Vetting Agency? I ask because I have been Security Cleared in the last five years, so this could speed up the process.

    • 2 replies
    • 843 views
  14. Pug13
    Started by Pug13,

    Hello all, I have recently received my assessment results and I'm now waiting for my fitness and firearms assessment. Just wanted to see if anyone else is in the same boat? Also are they now stopping you when you have reached the 7.2 on the beep test? Cheers

    • 25 replies
    • 2.1k views
  15. Loulou
    Started by Loulou,

    I have a start date for 25th November anyone else??? I was told the course will be in Oxfordshire and Surrey?? My base is Dungeness !!

    • 23 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.