Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Civil Nuclear Constabulary

 
 
  1. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Hi All, I start my CNC 17 weeks of training next month and have no idea what to expect. I rang HR to ask a few Q's but was told I would recieve an email 2 weeks prior to training beginning but I am impatient so............. Do we take our own sports kit? What are the training hours & do you get 'homework'? Where's the accommodation (somewhere in Oxfordshire I believe)? Do you get fed? Do you get a week off at the end of training, before you start work? Anything I can do beforehand to prepare? Owt else that may be of use, cheers.

  2. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Hi All, I have a start date for the CNC of Feb 11th (training) but I got a call from Thames Valley vetting saying I had a caution as a 15 year old which I had not declared on my application. I had totally forgotten the incident, it was 17 years ago but I've checked with my mum who was obviously present at the time and she is certain I was not cautioned just given a good kick up the a*£e to knock some sense into me. The incident relates to a group of mates at the time stealing car badges and I was lumped in with them even though I took no part in it myself. The person from Thames Valley says it is recorded as a caution but I'm 100% sure there has been a mistake. Is there…

  3. JoshBristol1546081472
    Started by JoshBristol1546081472,

    Just read somewhere that apparently during the first 6 months of your probation at a site such as sellafield and dounreay you are unarmed. Is there anybody in the know able to confirm/deny this? Seems odd if this is true as we would have it all fresh in our minds straight out of training. Also anybody on the 2nd January course for Dounreay?

      • Like
    • 93 replies
    • 7.4k views
  4. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi, I'm just curious to know what the pass mark is for the CNC Assessment day? Or do they tell you what it is on the day?

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  5. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi, Just wondered if anyone out there know's if the CNC put you up the night before the assessment day? I belive it is at Ryton near Coventry? Correct me if i'm wrong!

    • 3 replies
    • 760 views
  6. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Hi People, Just got my contract through and the salary section it states the salary I will get then explains that between £800 odd and £1000 odd, depending on wage will be deducted per anum? Some bo*%ox about government pay scales. Also worringly it says all under review and I would be kidding myself to think that meant an increase. Heard owt?????????? Cheers Sorry meant to say I did hear about HO force starting wage being dragged down to £19000. Disgrace!

  7. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Now then, Has anyone else been offered a spot at Wylfa, course starting Feb 11th? I turned down a place on the last course for Sellafield and regretted it but now things look like working out for the best. Anyone that works at/lives near Wylfa and can give me some advise on good areas to live, schools etc (2 kids 3 and 2.) Cheers and good luck to anyone else who is waiting around.

  8. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Hello Just wondered if the salary increases after the initial training period, or if it goes up after the 2 year probationary period? Is the training period 14 or 17 weeks as I've found conflicting info. Cheers

  9. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Hi People, Assuming my references/security clearences are all ok I start my training early next year and wanted to know if I could be studying any legislation etc. Cheers y'all

  10. jls
    Started by jls,

    Just a quick question, once I get an Assessment centre date through for the CNC, can anyone out there who has had there's can tell me if it is just CNC Assessment or are there other forces having there's at the same time? Cheers!

  11. Drummerja
    Started by Drummerja,

    if the CNC'a base of operations and main HQ are in Oxforshire and the officer training in Cumbria, why do we have the training down in Oxfordshire for the initial training and not up in Cumbria? Take it Cumbria is for re-shoots and serving coppers, and Oxforshire for recruits? Something like that. Thanks again.

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 2k views
  12. 5535
    Started by 5535,

    Hi all, I'm filling in the competency assessment questions on my application, and have what I feel to be good, accurate answers to the questions asked. I am, however, concerned that I seem to have a lot of space remaining in some answer boxes (just under half in some). While I feel my answers are good enough, I can't help but think there's that amount of space for a reason, and perhaps by not filling most/all of the space, I may have picked an inappropriate answer. I imagine that there are several others in this situation also? Could anyone that's passed this section give any advice on this? I.e. did any of you have a lot of space remaining and still pass? Just to be …

  13. S1234
    Started by S1234,

    Just out of curiousity, anybody know if the CNC has a passing out parade like in the other UK forces with custodians and tunics and so on? Just wondering out of sheer curiousity!

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 2k views
  14. S1234
    Started by S1234,

    Anybody been given an offer for 2nd January training with the CNC? If so what site are you for?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 856 views
  15. Drummerja
    Started by Drummerja,

    Anyone on this course? I know of a few, but would be good to know whos going to be down in Oxfordshire on the 28th!

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 858 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.