Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Civil Nuclear Constabulary

 
 
  1. Police Constable 1
    Started by Police Constable 1 +,

    After reading the annual report, on a small page it said that the CNC were looking to move away from criminal investigations (which I always thought would just be a minmial ammount of their work) so if this is the case, would the CNC not be better becoming civilianised? why still class themselves as a Police force? I assume this is only due to the firearms issues and searching but what use is a Police force that doesnt investigate crime? discuss

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 4k views
    neptune11546081205
  2. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Can anybody tell me who funds the CNC? and can you be made redundant from the CNC? Im trying to work out if their is more job security with the CNC or a H/O force. Thanks

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 2.3k views
  3. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi to all Harwell and Oldbury CNC Officers, As officers working at these locations and in the know, with hopefully inside information, that these locations would be recruiting in the near furure? I have spoken with HR but as you guess are a little vague on the subject. I have been looking on the website for a long time now and the Cumbria position has now closed, Dounreay is the only site. A little far for relocation to be fair. Please any information would be welcomed. Thanks.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Grissom1546080892 +
  4. gdp
    Started by gdp,

    Just wondering what the fitness requirements are during training? Having passed the fitness test during the recruitment process I'm happy with the 15m bleep test and push/pull. I've heard there are a few timed runs and repeats of the bleep test plus best effort push-ups and sit-ups. Any body know what are considered good times/scores in these?

  5. MidlandLass
    Started by MidlandLass,

    Hello. Pls could someone definitively tell me what the CNC fitness requirements are? I've seen so many conflicting bits of info!! Pls could you confirm the current level for the push/pull and the current entrance level for bleep test? So far, I've heard: 5.4, 7.6, 9.0 & 9.6!!! Your assistance would be gratefully received :-)

    • 6 replies
    • 3k views
  6. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi all I new so please go easy on me! Ive been thinking about applying for the CNC but im worried about the environment I would be working in. Is it safe to work near Nuclear Power Plants? What safety equipment are CNC officers given? Ive read a few articles about how there is a high rate of Leukemia in children who live near Sellafield...could this be caused by the radiation? http://www.nonukes.org/w15cancr.htm I know its an old article and health and safety has improved in modern times! I know you are exposed to a certain amount of radiation on a daily basis and can be exposed to a greater dose during long haul flights. Cheers

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 2.6k views
  7. jls
    Started by jls,

    Do CNC Officers carry Captor? What other equipment do they carry once you have done your classroom training not after probation or specilest positions just probationers? Any info would be great! Thanks Vince.

    • 2 replies
    • 2.3k views
    neptune11546081205
  8. HighTower34
    Started by HighTower34,

    Hello to all, I thought i would reply to this CNC applicants topic as i have been very unfortunate with receiving a letter of withdrawal of Offer of Employment In short i am a rejoiner from Greater Manchester Police and applied for the CNC in February this year. The recruitment process has been very straight forward for myself, aside from the very poor communication from HR recruitment team! I recently received a conditional statement of employment and was issued a start date for November this year and was ready for a start with a new career with great scope, prospects and challenges and a life in Cumbria with my family. So understandably on receiving this letter i w…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 4.2k views
  9. ARV82
    Started by ARV82,

    Hi all how are we? Just wondered is anyone on here an officer with the CNC currently based at Harwell site? If so can you pm me please. Many thanks,

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. blinket
    Started by blinket,

    I have a question i cant seem to find the answer to. Would it be possible for an officer in the CNC out of their probation to transfer into a HO force? This person would also have previous experience with a HO force as an SC. What are the rules on this? is it possible to all forces or only certain forces? has anyone on here ever done it?

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 3k views
  11. cole-p@sky.com
    Started by cole-p@sky.com,

    Hi all. I am going for my medical in a couple of weeks, I wear glasses for reading and writing only, will this be a problem ?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi all could anybody tell me what training you receive in the CNC? Do you cover all the normal topics such as first aid, riot training etc? Thanks

  13. pk850
    Started by pk850,

    Hi I've just applied for the CNC and i'm trying to pre-empt things. I just have a wee question about the medical. Do they check your BMI?? I'm 180cm tall and weigh 110 kgs, I am quite fit and push a lot of weights but i am way over the BMI for home office police. Does anyone that has been through the process had any problems with the medical?

  14. SCtechy
    Started by SCtechy,

    Do the CNC have their own control room/controllers? or do they just share with a nearby county force?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 2.2k views
  15. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Hello, I've done a search but could find nothing specific so sorry if this has already been discussed (if you have a link I'd love to see it cheers). One of my Specials has been successful in his application to CNC and only has the vetting interviews part to go. As his supervisor in the Specials my name was obviously on his application and as such I have now been contacted by their recruitment team and am going to be interviewed. I have been a referee for many of my officers in the past both for Constabulary jobs (my force and others) and for non Police jobs, however, I have never been interviewed. The lady I am meeting tells me it should be about 30-40 minutes long …

    • 5 replies
    • 2.9k views
    Administrative Account

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.