Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum Information & Help

If you have a public question or want a discussion on some of the issues on the forum publicly then this is the place to raise that (Faults, Errors etc.). However if you want to discuss something with the team in private then please use the Support Desk HERE

  1. -AJ

    I am suggesting this - it's been suggested before, but I'm going to bring it up again. For the same reason posts in The Locker Room don't count toward your post count - so I don't think people should have the option to use the reputation system. It is hardly fair when people are giving people a negative rep - because they posted a bad joke, or something not connected with their 'Professional' use of the forum. When you post something light hearted, it is that, and the reputation system should be indicating how helpful and or informative your posts are. The whole reputation system at the minute seems to get abused, if people disagree with something someone has said they…

      • Like
    • 95 replies
    • 8.3k views
  2. hopeless_place
    Started by hopeless_place,

    I just went on my profile page, and on the right under my profile picture in bright red it says [centre]Reputation: -1[/centre] [centre] [/centre] Why is this? What did I do wrong?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. killicksparker
    Started by killicksparker,

    Does anyone know?? Recently I saw a post which, although it didn't address the question posed, was very astute and made a good point. This post attracted a few +++ reps before it was removed by a Mod for being 'unhelpful'. it made me wonder, If a post is culled by a Mod, do the +/- rep points get removed from/added to the total as well

    • 5 replies
    • 779 views
  4. jackisback
    Started by jackisback,

    Hello all, How do I go about getting my PMs enabled? I'm sixteen, but I'm still in the Junior Users' user group. Regards, Jackisback

    • 2 replies
    • 596 views
  5. FidelChazztro
    Started by FidelChazztro,

    I was thinking about suggesting having an option for officers to attach which force they belong to, to their name. Perhaps this could be underneath the 'post count' area? Or, even a small force crest in the same place (obviously this would be harder to do). I thought I'd put it to everyone to see if you thought it'd be a good idea?

    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Folks, It's been suggested that our current rank titles (the titles you earn as you work your way up through the star ranking system, done by post count) is a bit boring. Well that's quite possible, I did invent the titles some years ago and if not boring, they're certainly a bit stale! Shikari has suggested the following titles and matching numbers of posts to achieve them, shown alongside the existing titles and post totals: Post count Current Title New Post count New Title suggestion 0 ---------- I'm new! ---------- 0 ---------- Newbie 20 ------ New Member ---------- 25 ---------- Finding Their Feet 50 ----- Associate Member ---------- 50 ---------- Settled/ing …

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 3.5k views
    Administrative Account
  7. Windhill
    Started by Windhill +,

    If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!! This won't make me any friends: Do we really need to discuss whether automatic capitalisation of topics or whether a slightly lighter shade of yellow smiley would be more beneficial? Yes, I know I'm over dramatising. The mods do a fantastic job, as does LV with making beneficial improvements. Chances are, if something hasn't been done there is a good reason behind it. If we carry on like this we'll end up with pages of unnecessary 'suggestions'. Perhaps a single suggestions topic will do for anyone who feels the need to take it upon themselves to decide they can run this place better than it already is Annnnnnnnnd stanby for…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Phooey3570
    Started by Phooey3570 * ,

    Could anyone please advise me what shift pattern the west yorks police response teams work?

  9. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Smileys... also known as emoticons... these little things (in case anyone was unsure): We've had the same ones for many years and I was wondering whether they could do with a refresh. If anyone has a suggestion for a new set, then please post them here (i.e. a link to the suggested smiley set). Or if you just want to suggest some additions, then you can do that too. Note that all the smileys need to be the same colour, so additions need to be yellow, or new sets should be all one colour (e.g. all blue). Because otherwise it looks messy and it would upset my OCD! Let the games begin!

      • Like
    • 52 replies
    • 3.8k views
  10. 123JDA
    Started by 123JDA * ,

    Is it illegal to order novelty lighters to the UK? For example could you order a lighter shaped like a pistol over the internet to your house?

  11. zahar24
    Started by zahar24,

    Hi,I am Charis and I am a police sergeant in Greece for fourteen years. Is there someone in this forum who is Greek,and he is a police officer in the UK? If there is please contact me. Thanks a lot.

  12. mortyb
    Started by mortyb,

    I have been trying to find a reference book called "Agricultural Vehicles on the Road" by Mike Braithwaite without success. Does anyone have any ideas where I can lay my hands on a copy. I dont know the ISDN or Publisher. Cheers. G

  13. Marcus Downes
    Started by Marcus Downes * ,

    What's the law on having a blank firing gun?

  14. Marcus Downes
    Started by Marcus Downes * ,

    A friend of mine was arrested yesterday in Kent by a Dc from Scotland yard some serious crime division. He had setup a website selling fake Ids and was selling a handgun in there as well. The handgun is a glock blank firer, and has been spray painted black and had blank rounds with it. What is the offence of having a blank firing gun? He also had a pepper spray as well . He setup the website but never sold any fake ids to anyone but had a lot of emails showing interest, what is the offence in that? They also took his passport away can he get it back so he can go on holiday as it was not a fake and had no need to take it. He has mental health and has voices in his head tha…

  15. besty3
    Started by besty3 * ,

    a policeman is saying untrue things about me on his girlfriends status, is there anything i can do pls?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.