Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum Information & Help

If you have a public question or want a discussion on some of the issues on the forum publicly then this is the place to raise that (Faults, Errors etc.). However if you want to discuss something with the team in private then please use the Support Desk HERE

  1. CSC1
    Started by CSC1 +,

    I thought I'd start a separate thread for this as the power user suggestions thread seems to go unnoticed and we've not had an update since July in the Forum Redesign - Suggestions thread (here) and it's something I really would like to be updated on as my PU subscription is coming to an end. I do use ad-block but I'm not able to install ad-block on my smartphone or tablet.

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 823 views
  2. stewnav
    Started by stewnav * ,

    I need help with a presentation I am creating, it is titled "the development of specialist search dogs in the British Police service". I have tried trolling the web but cannot find anywhere that is of any use. Any information would be gratefully received

  3. MrKguy

    How comes with old topics you cant edit them even though people are still typing and commenting on it? Like i have a week old one or so and now i cant edit it and same with month old ones.

    • 2 replies
    • 645 views
  4. RForrester
    Started by RForrester * ,

    Hi, I'm a writer half way through a police procedural novel. I've done a a fair bit of research but a few things have cropped up in the redraft that I was hoping somebody on this forum may be able to assist me with. The questions are regarding CID and SOCO. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to know who is in charge of a crime scene on discovery of, in this case, a body. Would it be a detective, or a scene of crime officer. Would a detective need permission from the SOCO supervisor before entering a crime scene to ensure they've finished the forensic side of things. And is this ever a contentious issue with detectives eager to get started, or is it customary …

  5. FourRoomsEllie
    Started by FourRoomsEllie * ,

    Has your partner’s collecting bug taken over? Are you losing time, space and money to a collecting obsession that is out of control? Are you desperate to get rid of mounting memorabilia, collectables or antiques? A Channel 4 hit series could have the answer to your problem; Four Rooms is back and looking for people with extraordinary collections to feature in the second series. Our four top dealers are ready to part with their cash for truly exceptional items and collections. From iconic memorabilia to beautiful or rare objects, or even the grotesque and macabre, your collection could be bought for life changing amounts of money. If you have something tha…

    FourRoomsEllie *
  6. senior
    Started by senior,

    Hi all, just found your forum and have read some of the posts on here, I wondering if I may inform you all of a International Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club that has been going for nearly 40 years. I am Richard, Vice President of the Blue Knights England 2 chapter based in the South East of UK. The blue knights is a motorcycle club that only excepts membership from serving or retired Police Officers, Prison Officers etc, you must have or had the power of arrest in your employment basicilly. The Blue Knights has over 20 chapters in the UK, Scotland and Wales. If you ride a motorcycle and would like to ride with fellow members of the Law Enforcement services then please…

  7. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Hi Folks; If you are seeing this message it is due to the fact that your current post count is LESS than 10 and you are in our Newbie Members category. As a result your account is restricted compared to that of Resident Members (Post Count Greater Than 10) Your account will have the following restrictions placed on it; You are not allowed to change your Display Name No access to the Friends System You are only allowed 5 Stored Notifications No Private Messaging Access Allowed No Signature Allowed No Post Editing Allowed No Voting Allowed In Polls Restricted On Downloads Section No Photo Gallery Access All of these restrictions are remove…

  8. arthurx1234
    Started by arthurx1234 * ,

    1st post, looked at the various sub forums and this seems to be the most appropriate I live just off a main road and 3 years ago the council constructed a layby with room for 5 cars to park, my son parks his car in it. There is a post office on this main road and the owner has submitted a petition to the council asking for parking to be restricted to 30mins as he says his customers cannot park in the layby for other cars and his takings have suffered and he might have to close. (Funny as there was no layby 3+ years ago!!,I think his takings are down because there are 2 other post offices within walking distance and credit crunch etc etc) The layby was funded by central…

  9. raj1977
    Started by raj1977,

    Hi Forum I am currently a DC with 10 years service, currently working in London. I have an ongoing investigation against me where processional standards are deciding whether I should go to a management board. My question is, can I transfer to another force in this current situation? I have done nothing wrong and I wish to transfer for a better family life. The matter being investigated is civil. Would another force accept me if I were to resign from my current job and transfer to them? I have heard this can be done and I would like to know your thought. Thanks!

  10. raj1977
    Started by raj1977,

    Hi Forum can I have some advice? Can a witnesses statement still be used by the prosecution (in civil cases)if it can be proved there is information in it, that are lies/ misleading/ misinformation etc? thanks.

    Jaydee1546620346
  11. Flatcap
    Started by Flatcap,

    Hi All, Just a quick question really to get peoples thoughts on best practice in relation to reporting someone. I'm a new Special and I'm wanting to get into the habit of reporting people, what to say before the interview commences i.e informing them of what's going to Happen and also best ways to finish it off... I'm just really looking for how other officers structure their contemp interviews and maybe some example interviews of good questions to ask for section 5 offences etc Cheers

  12. kilo6
    Started by kilo6,

    Hi All, Looking for some advice, The Scenario: A female is seen in the city centre drinking during the evening and finishes at around 3am, goes home and then later attends work at 7am. On arriving at work she is confronted by a colleague who tells her she is smelling of alcohol and asks her if she has driven in. She responds yes and the police are called. Sec 172 req made (because no witnesses to say she was driving), and she names herself as the driver of the vehicle at about 0645 Breath test carried out by officers at 730am and duly arrested. Station procedure initiated which returned an unreliable reading due to mouth alcohol. Doctor is summoned and a blood sample…

    • 4 replies
    • 314 views
  13. enzoxk
    Started by enzoxk,

    You have been dispatched to assist a officer on a traffic stop. The officer is not replying after repeated efforts. As you arrive on scene you find the officer on the ground suffering from a gun shot wound. The officer is breathing and is conscious. As you approach you see 2 men entering a vehicle and speeding off. Control room has informed you that a Unit is nearby. You have a strong description about the vehicle and its index. What do you do? Looking forward to hearing your responses

    • 10 replies
    • 299 views
  14. bigbrother
    Started by bigbrother * ,

    Hello All I came across this website by accident and read a 13 page post wich is now closed. a good call closing that thread as it was upsetting to read. I do a lot of internet research and I research a vast range of topics, one of these topics is the freeman/freedom sovereignty theories. More and more people are beginning to be introduced to these theories, and, although i can imagine, you would like not to have to experience encounters with "freemen" on your daily shift, the chances are at somepoint in the fututre you may well do. One thing you rarely see on these "freeman" websites is comments from police officers. I think interaction between the sides (so to speak…

    flatfoot1546620763
  15. rambo19
    Started by rambo19,

    I'm a civvie. Let's say I live in the same street as a school, suffer the usual problems with parking, people blocking driveways whilst dropping off thier kids etc etc. I come out 1 morning to go to work and find a car parked on my drive, I do not know who owns the car and have not given permission to anybody to park on my drive. I then decide to park my car across the front of offending car so it can't get off my drive. The owner of the car then knocks on my door and ask's me to move my car, but I refuse. Any offence commited?

    • 20 replies
    • 578 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.