Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum Information & Help

If you have a public question or want a discussion on some of the issues on the forum publicly then this is the place to raise that (Faults, Errors etc.). However if you want to discuss something with the team in private then please use the Support Desk HERE

  1. Adsy

    As per the title. Thanks in advance. Kind regards.

    • 0 replies
    • 610 views
  2. Hewlett
    Started by Hewlett,

    Hello, Today an employee from British Gas visited us today. He was wearing a British Gas uniform and have a badge, but I didn't get a good look at it. His also driving a British Gas Van, I had a glimpse to his number place, it's either DX10 FHP or DXI0 FHP. He said he need to check for the appliances to calculate how much gas/electricity we consume. Is this normal? Should I report it? Thanks.

  3. Nutmegg
    Started by Nutmegg * ,

    Hello, this is my 1st post, so be gentle :o So I'm not too sure on the law about sleeping In my car, I'm working tonight in till 2am, and I then have to back up again to work at 5.45am. (It takes about 45 Minutes to get home) So I decided it' would easier for me to just sleep in my car somewhere close to my other work. I wont be drinking at all. If it is legal any tips? I've never slept in my car. (I've checked I actually fit!)

    TangoOscar31
  4. Scottie
    Started by Scottie,

    Just about to buy a house and trying to find a good (and cheap) solicitor to do the conveyancing when I came across this; http://www.polfedmortgages.co.uk/conveyancing.asp Looks official enough, but the price sounds too good to be true. Anyone ever used this service or have knowledge on whether its legit or not? Thanks guys.

  5. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    The latest version of the forum software adds the ability to assign topic 'tags' when creating a new topic. You can see the tags for this topic above. Tags are one or two word descriptions of what the topic is about. They help other people find topics they are interested in. So for example if you are posting a topic about changes to the fitness test you might add tags such as 'recruitment', 'fitness' and 'beep test'. Over time, these tags across multiple topics can build into a very useful index of all the various bits of information on the forum. Or not. If used incorrectly, the tagging system will turn into a complete waste of time - which is where I'm asking you, …

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.9k views
  6. very special
    Started by very special,

    I need a step by step guide for adding userbars to my profile please ThanksMike

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. SWAT1546620577
    Started by SWAT1546620577,

    I been job hunting since last year mostly searching for cleaning jobs and IT related but still no success, Its a pain in the ass those adverts you see on TV about Jobsite and other stuff are not good for students, I just turned 18 so I can do most jobs. But still, I can't even get work experience! lol.... I tried security but you have to pay something like £400 for the training and licence, I need a job to earn money!... Supposed to do my driving but not going to bother, everything is sky high even our Uni fees.... What would be a good job, for a student?( I study IT btw)

  8. Bebsxxo
    Started by Bebsxxo,

    I keep getting notifications for the chat on here, but I don't actually know how to use it? When I try and sign in it doesn't work, does anybody know how it works?

    • 7 replies
    • 707 views
  9. hopeless_place
    Started by hopeless_place,

    How do I make my signatures more than 5 lines long. I though it would allow me once becoming a power user. How do you get this feature?

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 2.2k views
  10. Police Constable 1
    Started by Police Constable 1 +,

    When sending a PM, I used to press the tab button which then took it down to send and then I could just press enter without having to press send, now when I do it it takes me to the search box and a search page instead which when using the back button goes back to the PM but wipes the message that was being typed (on the old version the message was still there) For some reason pressing tab on topics seems to work ok but not on PM's Any ideas?

    • 2 replies
    • 575 views
  11. E29NP1546080952
    Started by E29NP1546080952,

    Who is this Facebook member, A Facebook bot I take it. What is it actually doing, collecting information? It seems to appear soon as a new thread or post is made. Can we not take out a restraining order on it!

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 821 views
  12. Mikeh2000
    Started by Mikeh2000 +,

    As the title say, I've been directed to the 'DHL' site below after buying an item from Amazon marketplace. Initially the seller told me that it was being sent by DHL and gave me a tracking number, but no matter what I tried DHL didn't recognise it so I asked the buyer if the tracking number was correct. The replied with the site below, and if you click on it it looks like DHL, but it has several flaws in that although it's a UK based site the helpline is a US one, there's nothing if you look at the sitemap, and if you try to ship something the only collection date is in February 2011! I've spoke to DHL and they've looked at it; the person I spoke to was of the same opin…

    SWAT1546620577
  13. sarin
    Started by sarin,

    I'm probably doing something wrong, but when I try to upload a user bar to the userbar gallery, the image shows the old inaccessible red cross and empty space. I've tried it several times with a .gif and .png and always seem to get the same results. Am I doing something wrong or is this related to the recent images fix ?

    • 3 replies
    • 669 views
  14. E29NP1546080952
    Started by E29NP1546080952,

    I've lost the ability to edit a post previously made in a thread quite old. Is this an effect of the restore?

    • 7 replies
    • 662 views
  15. Jess_em
    Started by Jess_em,

    Hi, Not sure why but my clock is wrong on and everything shows as an hour earlier (so when I post this it will show as 3:27 when it's 4:27). I have is set to GMT London so don't know why it is wrong, unless it's the same for other people... Thanks Jess

    • 3 replies
    • 491 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.