Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum Information & Help

If you have a public question or want a discussion on some of the issues on the forum publicly then this is the place to raise that (Faults, Errors etc.). However if you want to discuss something with the team in private then please use the Support Desk HERE

  1. flatfoot1546620763
    Started by flatfoot1546620763,

    I believe in a Peace Officer, not a whining state revenue collector as the police service have now become. The anonymous group have been reported in the press as hackers. But their slick video's seem to appeal to the disenfranchised, particularly when the government seems to be serving up a new wealth or lifestyle deprivation scheme daily. What happens when the public are no longer respectful of the police, the cautionary tale and words of advice fall on deaf ears and on mass they reject statute law? America seems to be on the verge of civil war and pepper spraying a pensioner is unbelievable, also there are scenes like It makes you question things with all the …

    kester1546080880
  2. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    A nutter, a digger, and two Officers. First part on here today, second part Saturday. So what would you do here?

    • 2 replies
    • 176 views
  3. gamechanger
    Started by gamechanger * ,

    Hi All I should soon be joining the MPS as a special ( I have my day one interview soon), and there is one scenario that I have been wondering how to deal with, should I ever come across it. So here it is: I am on patrol with a colleague and we come across a woman with a young child who is having her car clamped in very dubious circumstances. There are no signs saying clamper's operate, the parking ticket wasn't 'clearly' displayed etc. The clampers, who resemble nightclub bouncers, are demanding a large release fee to the clearly distressed woman. The woman then sees you and asks for help. What would be the correct course of action, and what action would you take?

    • 4 replies
    • 332 views
    znra2511546080955
  4. Matt1985
    Started by Matt1985 * ,

    Hi & thanks for your time on reading our problem. We bought a car back in sept 2009, which we did do a HPI report and the vehicle same back as being stolen back in aug 2003. The dealer wrote an disclaimer on the receipt, that he would have this marker removed in 4 weeks but guess what it didn't. We have recently gone to part exchange to car in with renault and they done a HPI check and now the car has come back as being a CAT C rather than being stolen. I have called HPI to find out if the marker was changed but they wouldn't give me this info. I could have sold the car at the market value if the report shows stolen but now it's got a CAT C marker is not worth anythin…

    • 2 replies
    • 6.6k views
  5. MaarjaJalloh
    Started by MaarjaJalloh * ,

    Hi, im new here and ive got a question what might sound silly, so i want to become a police officer, is there any chance i cando it without having driving licence ? thank You

  6. TheGrimReaper
    Started by TheGrimReaper,

    Speaking to a work colleague this morning (he's a Special) he mentioned firework regulations and how it affects you chaps. Basically what he had been told to watch out for was incorrect especially regarding Category 3 Display fireworks so I pointed him in the right direction. I've worked in the firework industry since 2003 and am pretty well up to speed on the regulations for import, storage and use. I know it is not something that you encounter on a regular basis so may need some help, advice or pointers. If you do have firework related queries I am more than happy to assist, I'll give my answer along with the reference to the specific regulation to support it: It jus…

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 881 views
  7. Danielle1546081317
    Started by Danielle1546081317,

    Hello, I hope you don't mind me posting to try and find out what will happen, I have recently noticed my tax was coming to an end and that i had not received my reminder, so I searched all my files and vehicle for the logbook as the last time I had it was to transfer a private plate which my ex (boyfriend at the time) had bought me for christmas, however no luck so I went to DVLA myself to reapply for my logbook and tax the car, I asked the lady at the desk why I had not received the reminder and found out that my ex had taken my log book, put it into his address (still my name) then put it in his name there for i did not receive the acknowledgment letter and then put m…

    • 2 replies
    • 149 views
  8. Rio222
    Started by Rio222 * ,

    Can anyone think of a suitable offence for this situation? John has a fall out with his neighbour Steve because Steve plays loud music of a weekend. The fall out continues over a period of months and John constantly calls police about Steve's noise. John is advised that there is not much that police can do about noise problems and he should contact environmental health to have the noise monitored which he does. In the meantime John decides to get all of the local neighbours to sign a petition against Steve. However, he does not tell the neighbours that the petition is against Steve. The petition that he shows to his neighbours says "Stop Anti Social Behaviour and rowd…

    • 25 replies
    • 809 views
  9. mr miyagi
    Started by mr miyagi * ,

    Hello everyone Hope this is the right place to start this topic. Some background information. Late 2009 I was convicted of drink driving and banned for 2 years, around a month later I used the car once in the snow and got caught being convicted of driving whilst disqualified and without valid insurance. A well deserved piece of bad luck. It was a very stupid thing to do, I was immature and lacked any form of self-respect, when you have no self-respect you find that you have no respect for anything else. I was no "chav" or thug and I can't use stupid as an excuse, I was quite simply a rebel with a bad attitude. I used to HATE the police and any form of authority. Afte…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  10. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    I created two folders on my desktop, then tried to delete them, thou there is nothing in the folders they will not delete. I have been into C\users\name\desktop there they sit but refuse to budge, tried the rebooting, nothing seems to help anyone got any ideas? Thank you!!

    • 5 replies
    • 687 views
  11. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    Has anyone seen that incident at McDonalds in NYC? http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/10/14/shock-video-savage-attack-at-manhattan-mcdonalds/ There is also a video there to show what happened from CCTV. Basically was trying to see what people would think offence wise and for locking up in that scenario? Off the top of my head, and I know it would be dependent on what witnesses have seen and heard, the employee would be coming in for two S18 Woundings, the woman who slaps the cashier for a common assault and the final customer who goes behind the desk for a S4 Public Order. I suppose for ease they could all come in for violent disorder. What do people think?

    stewie_griffin +
  12. Bikko
    Started by Bikko * ,

    Hi Got a idea that could help the police how would I go about it.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  13. b3njy
    Started by b3njy,

    Hello all, Just a query involving a job I dealt with recently, wondered if anyone could advise if they have dealt with something similar in the past/if there is any case law in relation to such things. In short, suspect approaches stall at the side of the road selling eggs. There is no person at the stall and an honesty box is left next to the produce. There is no price list, no text that states payment is expected, just a box with the words 'honesty box' on it. Suspect removes box of eggs and fails to leave any money. Is the offence of theft complete? Discuss!

  14. poppy1623
    Started by poppy1623 * ,

    Please advise on what would happen, if an officer still in their probationary period injured their back and after having op their consultant said that they had a very weak back and would not be suitable for a career in the police. Are you required to inform ohu, as it is only the opinion of one consultant? What would the likely outcome be? What is group accident insurance? Would it cover you if worse case scenario, you had to leave? Thank you

  15. HeatherH
    Started by HeatherH * ,

    Hi there, I'm a writer trying to work out what charges exactly one of my characters would face in the following situation: A girl becomes part of a group who commit a number of violent actions in the name of cause such as animal rights. This includes sending razor blades and letter bombs in the post, and then planting small explosives in public areas, but with warnings. The explosives do not cause any fatalities and the person in question has a change of heart and actually prevents one of these bombs going off. She then agrees to testify against her co-conspirators. What would she be likely to be charged with? And what prison sentence would she be likely to receive c…

    • 0 replies
    • 148 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.