Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum Information & Help

If you have a public question or want a discussion on some of the issues on the forum publicly then this is the place to raise that (Faults, Errors etc.). However if you want to discuss something with the team in private then please use the Support Desk HERE

  1. MindTheGap
    Started by MindTheGap +,

    What it says on the tin. Why is it, on a forum for a profession where TLAs and acronyms are common place, can't we search below 3 characters? It's a bit silly! Appreciate this may not be up to NSI or LV but software limitation!

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 905 views
  2. Police Constable 1
    Started by Police Constable 1 +,

    Having just seen another topic on Burglary in the law section and people covering the same question about damage not being in one section but is in another, would it be possible to have certain topics pinned at the top so that people could post in there or maybe sub forums within the law section titled "Burglary" "Assault" "Public Order" that way it would make it easier for people to see previous topics covered Just an idea

    • 0 replies
    • 566 views
    Police Constable 1 +
  3. Switch
    Started by Switch,

    LV, If we post a reply/thread, and quickly have to edit a format error or typo, it displays we have edited the post. Small suggestion, could we put a 30 seconds allowance to edit your post/thread without the USER has edited this post ect....? A lot of forums do this but as I have said, it is a small change and one I thought I would put to you.

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.6k views
  4. atomicsheep
    Started by atomicsheep,

    I have a question about the DVD ID parades but where in the forum is the appropriate place to ask? THanks

    • 1 reply
    • 714 views
  5. Alpha Victor 11546620647
    Started by Alpha Victor 11546620647,

    Hey all, I know this topic comes up from time to time but I can't seem to find any topics on here about photographing police. I'm also aware the forum isn't a legal advice centre but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me on photography laws in Scotland. Now, is it an offence in Scotland to photograph police officers, police vehicles, stations etc etc? The reason I'm asking is, a friend of mine recently told me the law changed and it's now an offence to photograph police officers in the street without their consent? Is this true? I have done a little research on this and "Section 44" keeps appearing but it's always south of the border. What is the deal …

  6. -AJ
    Started by -AJ +,

    Hi there, Was just wondering - if it were possible - what would people think of having a 'Mini-Moderators' award that can be given for good informative posts in our respective areas? Like the mods can issue their top post awards and stuff? Just a thought - Would be nice... Maybe surplus to requirements..

    • 9 replies
    • 959 views
  7. Police Constable 1
    Started by Police Constable 1 +,

    Hello all, This is kind of hard to explain but its a rather simple problem. The forum has the ability to collapse sections that you dont use often, like "off duty" or "website stuff", it used to be that if you collapsed this section then it stayed that way unless you deleted your history and re logged in. After the last upgrade last year, this facility stopped, it was still possible to do it but after about 5 mins and a refresh that section reappeared so you had to do it again and again it reappeared, any ideas???

    • 1 reply
    • 557 views
  8. dsiggy
    Started by dsiggy * ,

    Hi, i have been stuck in CCC for the Met police for the past 6 years. I am now trying to escape but have lost my confidence in applying for jobs. Can anyone give me any advice re Met police internal job applications?. Comepletely daunted by the process!!. (I am a PC by the way) Any advice would be very much appreciated, many thanks.

  9. E29NP1546080952
    Started by E29NP1546080952,

    What happen to the police vehicle photo thread in the police vehicles section of the forum. Has it been moved?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 582 views
    E29NP1546080952
  10. adampearson567
    Started by adampearson567 * ,

    I recently went to an uncles 50th, and when I came back I had a pink slip on the floor saying the police had searched my house. They left a leaflet saying ring 101 and ask for the policemen who searched my flat. I rang and they qsked if I had heard of a name (who was the previous tenant) I said I had because I had letters in that name but explained they no longer lived here. The police officer explained they had arrested someone for an offence and he had a key to this address so they searched it, but i am really annoyed because I've done nothing wrong and I've had the police search my house when I was out! On the pink slip they ticked no boxes but just signed it. Is this …

    adampearson567 *
  11. Harry_99
    Started by Harry_99 * ,

    I'm currently on restricted duties due to a complaint for assault. Professional standards have put the usual restrictions on me. However 6 months on they have allowed me to deal with one of my old jobs (and interact with a very vulnerable victim). I have also been told I am to face a hearing for gross misconduct soon. My question is, can it be fair that on the one hand I am being investigated for assault and on the other I am being allowed to deal with a vulnerable victim (and other members of the public for this investigation)? Surely if they think I have a case to answer they should not be ordering me to carry on with the investigation? I'm only too happy to deal w…

  12. Allen19
    Started by Allen19,

    Hi All, I am currently studying a foundation degree in public services. as part of the course i have to do a research project related to any aspect of the public services. Could you please be kind and spend 10mins to fill in this short questionnaire. the questionnaire is based around the public service cuts in the defence and police. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GTTV9XF your participation will be greatly received Thanks

  13. Guest

    By popular request, and as a side benefit of our recent award ribbon redesign, I am pleased to announce the addition of two new awards: Holder is a current member of police staff ('civilian' employee) - e.g. call taker, controller, detention officer, intelligence officer, etc. Holder is a serving PCSO (Police Community Support Officer) If you would like one of these awards added to your profile, then here's how to apply: Method 1 Send an email to from a police email account (one which is of the format xxxx@forcename.pnn.police.uk or xxxx@forcename.police.uk) with the following information: Your full (real) name Which UK police force you work for Your ro…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  14. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Just an enquiry.... Has anyone got a non widescreeen flat panel monitor that they have extra to their requirements or that's going cheap ? I could do with one for a spare desktop I have to use for testing purposes... Let me know Thanks :biggrin:

    • 2 replies
    • 640 views
  15. Jordan Le Bron
    Started by Jordan Le Bron * ,

    I'm a student making a film for my coursework of which I will be using prop guns. The props are plastic airsoft guns. I have read up about it on the internet and I was wondering can someone outline the legislation on prop guns and their use in filmmaking. I keep coming across articles mentioning the VCRA act, claiming that gun props are acceptable in the instance of TV or film production. If this is production companies only, I do in fact have a company registered with Companies House. However, I want to be 100% sure so that I don't have a armed police unit interrupting me and my team. The locations is very secluded and there is only the occasional dog-walker so I r…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.