1143 topics in this forum
-
As per the title of the thread. I can no longer use the quote function, paste copied text, change font, or insert images. When I press the quote button I am transferred to the reply box fine enough, but without the quote. When I copy some text and attempt to paste into the reply box I get nothing. Same for CTRL+V as right click menu. When I select a passage of text that I want to change the font of, when I click on the font I want it deselects the text. Finally, I cannot insert images by directly pasting into the reply box, nor by using the insert image tool. I am currently using IE11 (Works in neither desktop nor 'immersive' browser). Clearly I am going to be told …
-
I'm just curious as to why my profile has been stuck on 770 posts all day - does the number update overnight or is mine just broken?
-
Over the last few days, accessing the forum via tapatalk seems very slow. Also been seeing quite a few "failed to connect to the forum", errors, especially (but not only) after posting. Are there some gremlins in the system?
-
- 0 replies
- 588 views
- 1 follower
-
-
When sending a URL that contains UKPoliceOnline, twitter claims we cannot send it as it contains maleware. I know it doesn`t, you know it doesn`t, but how can we convince Twitter it doesn`t?
-
- 2 replies
- 803 views
- 1 follower
-
-
So... I've been quite bored the past few days at work and I've had some ideas! A member of the year award. This is to celebrate the member who the forum decides has made the biggest contribution to the forum over the year. The member will get a special award and a policespecials.com member of the year mug. Within this you could have other awards like mini-mod of the year, topic of the year etc etc. What do you all think about it? I'm happy to help with the logistics of it all. I've seen it work brilliantly on other forums and it's a great way to say thanks to the people who keep the forum going!
-
Howdy, Am writing another film script and need some pointers on the validity of my use of police procedure and if completely wrong, how to rework it so that it works. Ieally, I'd like it to be 100% faithful to real procedure but if that just isn't possible then takiing a few liberties will be just fine. My hero is a disgraced former cop, now working in a dead-end job, who ends up using his cop skills to solve a crime and I need your help etting him to the point of being disgraced and booted out of the force (but not convicted of any crime). It's imperative for the story that his partner failed to be there for him when he needed him most. As the stakes have to be this hi…
-
-
- 14 replies
- 1.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Oi Mod, where's my length of membership award gone?
-
I'm not sure whether any1 will be able to answer this but I'll ask it anyway. If one had an insurance claim pending, is it his right to know the status of the claim at any time? My thoughts are yes but some1 may have a better idea. Regards RLM
-
- 2 replies
- 646 views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi am new on here just been told im diabetic im looking for a mountain bike to get some exercise how can I check if the bikes are ok and not stolen I cant afford to buy a new one as not working so need a 2nd hand one there are some sites with stolen bikes on to avoid but is there anywhere I can put the frame number in to tell me if they have been reported as stolen to the police as understand most of the sites only have them on if the person who had it stolen has put it on themselves and if not how can I tell as there are a lot of bikes stolen every day would be a good idea for people to check this information thanks
-
- 3 replies
- 1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
-
Hello all, I'm new to the forum so this is an introduction as well as a request for help. I'm a writer who is writing my first film script. I've worked in TV an film for the last ten years or so but am new to writing. I also have no experience of policing so please bear with me. Any and all advice or suggestions gratefully accepted - especially telling me where I'm going wildly wrong. I'm particularly interested in knowing if I'm using any horrible telly cliches that drive cops up the wall - I'm looking for this to be as authentic as possible. The script I'm writing is about a uniformed constable who is quite new to the job and is working in response. The story is essen…
-
- 0 replies
- 697 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Girls and Boys....... I'm after any help from fellow FLO and Football Spotters. I'm after blue/hi-vis tactical vest informations. Who provides yours? Etc etc........ Or does you're force or do you have a spare kicking around in Large lol. I'm finding it extremely hard to locate one on the market or a supplier to produce them. Cheers
-
- 1 reply
- 977 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi I recently gave a statement when i reported a crime. They asked me my religion. Do all police forces do this?
-
-
- 13 replies
- 1.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I swear I saw a category somewhere for recommendations for the site.... But anyway, I was thinking (which is dangerous) about the forums and how quickly topics go off topic! IPB has a feature which can be added for off-topic convo, lets say I was writing a post and I wanted to say something else not regarding the topic I'm replying to (which could be anything) I could add off-topic text to my post and you would have to click to see it, like a spoiler BB code. [offtopic] DAVE!, stop talking nonese and and get back on topic [/offtopic] Was just an idea as so many people end up changing the topic after 5 pages and the mods/admins have to go around and delete/hide posts. …
-
Apologies if this issue is just me being blonde (it is probable!). If I click on Downloads tab at top of page > column on left hand side and click Guides > I get "This category doesn't have any files yet" but this happens for Information aswell. :new_hmmm: Anyone shed some light or kick me in the right direction? Much appreciated!