Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum Information & Help

If you have a public question or want a discussion on some of the issues on the forum publicly then this is the place to raise that (Faults, Errors etc.). However if you want to discuss something with the team in private then please use the Support Desk HERE

  1. officer wannabe
    Started by officer wannabe * ,

    Need to get a thread deleted as I posted some personal stuff Can anyone help me? Any mods or admins? I'm not sure how to ask or do it or get in contact with them.

    • 4 replies
    • 946 views
  2. GHam001
    Started by GHam001 * ,

    Hi Could someome help me with some research for a book I'm writing? What's the difference between Homicide Assessment Teams and Murder/Major Investigation Teams. Are they separate, or do they work together? Does each borough have their own? Many thanks.

  3. OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember
    Started by OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember,

    I would love to see a force specific area for cadets i.e a sub forum for Lancs, A&S, Dyfed Powys this may be beneficial that cadets can then ask questions and answer them due to specific force Experience and also have a benefit as it could also have force specific chats for cadets this was just a suggestion that came to my mind Thanks - Yeke A.K.A OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.9k views
    SierraLimaSierra
  4. Ice9
    Started by Ice9,

    Howdy folks, Some more questions for you fine bastions of law and order. 1) Do UK/US police forces ever work together - such as a US cop traveling to the UK to work a mutual case? I really like the idea of an odd couple team-up a la Lethal Weapon and the clash of cultures. 2) Can UK police officers carry guns outside of armed response units? Special dispensation or something? And didn't cops used to carry guns in the 70s (as shown in Life on Mars)? 3) When it comes to juicy topics like terrorism and international sex-slave trafficking (specifcally Eastern Europe), at what point would Mi5/Mi6 take over? Or can a standard police force go all the way in investigating suc…

  5. thurdles
    Started by thurdles,

    Simple question. How do you add a signature to all the posts which you post? Thanks.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 741 views
    Administrative Account
  6. chris_hinch
    Started by chris_hinch,

    Looking to buy a new monitor and was wondering what I should be looking at specs wise? Budget is £150. Just normal use not gaming.

  7. spalmer41
    Started by spalmer41,

    I am currently a 3rd year student a Sheffield Hallam University studying Criminal Justice and Special Constable with South Yorkshire Police. As part of my degree I have made a questionnaire about Police safety and their equipment. Please took you take a minute of your time to fill out the 10 quick questions by following the link. Thank you https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SXSZWV9

  8. Scot
    Started by Scot,

    Is there an area on the forum to access the archived threads or are they permanetly deleted? Trying to find an old thread and was going to see if it were in the archived threads. Thanks, Scot.

    • 2 replies
    • 555 views
  9. LosingGrip
    Started by LosingGrip +,

    Just seen a thread I'm fairly sure is spam, but unable to report it due to using the mobile verson. Am I being rather stupid and missing it, or is it not possible? If it's not possible, would it be able to be added somehow?

    • 2 replies
    • 592 views
    Administrative Account
  10. KevinC999
    Started by KevinC999,

    Wondering if anyone can help. I've been enquiring about getting a mortgage, first time buyer. Due to start Police Scotland next month and have been advised by a few banks that they won't progress as it's a probation period. Anyone ever had this problem?

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  11. NavyIce
    Started by NavyIce,

    Posted a topic before in the News section, no matter what I try, I seem to be unable to edit the title of it.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 751 views
    Administrative Account
  12. woody718
    Started by woody718 * ,

    Hi everyone, I recently became a student officer for GMP and im due to start in January. I found out recently that i was assigned to the A division which was first choice. I was chuffed about this as it is an easy commute and is very busy incident wise so will be a great start to the career. I recieved a call today from recruitment saying that the Chief super of A wanted to know if I could swap with a special constable who had also recently got onto the training as he had 'worked in the A' and had 'Skills and Knowledge of the area'. The division I would swap with is alot harder for me to commute too and is an area that although still busy dosnt include the city centre…

    Reasonable Man +
  13. XA84
    Started by XA84 +,

    Hi, I'm just wondering why it is Ministry Of Defence Police is not shown under force specific? I note they have now restarted recruitment and it may be beneficial to have a page to it? Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 915 views
  14. dzdoris
    Started by dzdoris,

    Is there any way we can show our age on our profile without our date of birth being seen? The only reason I haven't completed this bit is because I'm not keen on my full date of birth being seen by all and sundry.

    • 3 replies
    • 685 views
  15. A.W
    Started by A.W,

    My account was deleted and I was never told why. Was it an accident? I have about 80-something posts on this forum and I like coming here. I was really shocked to find that one day my account no longer existed! Everything I posted is as a Guest now. The validation process is broken and goes in circles. The Link to Facebook form redirects into a loop. Have you opted to do it all manually? If so, how are we meant to know? New people won't be able to sign up if it's like that. I had to wait nearly two weeks to get back online - and I'm mid conversation with people in PMs which are all gone now. I don't really mind if there's nothing that can be done about all that but I re…

    • 1 reply
    • 893 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.