Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum Information & Help

If you have a public question or want a discussion on some of the issues on the forum publicly then this is the place to raise that (Faults, Errors etc.). However if you want to discuss something with the team in private then please use the Support Desk HERE

  1. arr18nl
    Started by arr18nl,

    Hi guys, I am a new applicant for the met police and just passed my day 2 assessment and hve nearly completed my ckp. As I am getting closer to joining I have started thinking more about the day-to-day life as a police constable. I was wondering about the shift hours that the met police use? I have searched the forums but could only find old posts that I am not sure if still accurate. I am assuming it is still the 2 early, 2 late, 2 night system? I believe that the hours also vary from station to station? The reason I am asking is for travelling purposes. I currently live just outside of north london and was hoping to be use public transport (train and tube) to get t…

    trickyd1991 +
  2. kirkie
    Started by kirkie,

    This topic is for people wanting Help with the iPhone or if you want to post any Tips or Tricks that you have found...

    dynamic-entry-101
  3. mefreepolice
    Started by mefreepolice * ,

    Hi all. I'm in the stages of joining the west Ozz police after 5.6 ( says the payroll) years in the uk police. Anyone got advice ect, any serving members done this. Anyone currently there want to tell me what it's really like. Thanks.. Many questions..

    stewie_griffin +
  4. ss95
    Started by ss95 * ,

    Hi all, I'm currently working on a report for a few projects we're working on, relating to car theft prevention. I was wondering if there was a source where I can find exact statistics on thefts of motor vehicles to present in our report; I've looked high and low and it seems like there are only statistics on car crime in general, which probably takes into account vandalism and theft from a vehicle, as well as thefts of vehicles themselves. Where can I find specific information on car thefts in England & Wales, or the UK in general? Thanks for your help! S

    Reasonable Man +
  5. chris_hinch
    Started by chris_hinch,

    Looking to buy a DSLR camera entry level and the question is Canon or Nikon?

  6. Ungern

    Hello, I'm not policeman, but my question seem to be interressant for every one here . How do you do to view dozen hours of video surveillance ? Is there a software to help you ? (If the video surveillance is recorded electronically ,I think that it was possible to imagine a software that cut the sections without any movement to reduce the amongs of video time "interressant ? And in other case : I think at the porno video with children;in the main cases the sections with video pornos are mixed with insignifiant videos pictures . There is no possibility of software. How do you organize the view ? Thank You .

    kester1546080880
  7. Theoretical
    Started by Theoretical,

    Hi, I was thinking before how PS.com has recent topics, which is very useful as you can just see all the latest topics created, what can be annoying (for me at least) is when you post something and want to see if someones replied but you can't remember what board it was under or where it was posted, what I'm suggesting is under recent topics, there should be recent posts e.g that would show the latest replies to a specific thread. Image of where i was thinking: http://gyazo.com/618a8bbf0c18fcf46fdd659d29491428 It's only a small thought and I just thought I would suggest it. Thanks Rob

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
    SierraLimaSierra
  8. log24
    Started by log24 * ,

    Hi I am currently writing a TV crime drama. For research, I need an officer (any rank, retired or still-working, don't mind) who's willing to answer questions, talk about what it's like working in a Missing Persons team, and proofread scripts for accuracy. Obviously because it's such a delicate subject you can be anonymous if you'd rather. It would help if you'd been involved in cases of missing teenagers/young girls, as I'm pretty sure that's going to be the focus of the show. Please reply if you think you could have something to offer. It would be a great help. Thanks.

  9. LBTYE

    Hi All! I recently applied for the New constable role following the 'register your interest tab' on the Met Police website which consisted of the Realistic Job Preview and an eligibility questionnaire. The recruitment process states that I now need to complete 3 online assessments - Behaviour Styles Questionnaire, Situational Judgment Test & the London Factor Assessment however; neither are on Apollo nor is there a link on the website. The timeframe at this level of the application states 1 - 4 weeks but I'm conscious that the deadline on Apollo is 10th March, I'm not sure whether this applies to the online assessments as well as the Job Preview/Eligibility. H…

  10. runjogcrawl13
    Started by runjogcrawl13 * ,

    Afternoon all, A particularly mundane topic, but hoping one or two of you have some experience or specialist knowledge in the field! I am looking to buy a property for the first time, I have a pretty basic understanding on the best approach to do this. I am also less than a year into my service which I hope doesnt effect my options too much as a probationer. I know that Police Mutual and Police Fed offer options on these fronts, are they worth exploring in comparison to more conventional lenders, has anyone got any top tips of the best way forward from now as I would really appreciate peoples views! Many thanks.

    Reasonable Man +
  11. bensonby
    Started by bensonby +,

    Hi, Are some old threads deleted or archived to somewhere where they can't be seen? I've been looking for a couple of old threads which I started but can't find them. Are they gone? Is there a better way of searching? (I've been googling site:policespecials.com and then words or phrases I knew were in the thread). If they are deleted is there a criteria applied for deletion?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Rorschach1546081239
  12. DollyL
    Started by DollyL * ,

    Hi everyone! Pleased to have found this forum. I haven't even applied to the met yet, I was looking for information on the application process and difference between the training if I joined now, or if I wait until I have completed my degree and apply as a graduate. I'm at uni twice a week only in the evenings for three hours, I have 2 1/2 years left of study. Anyone's experience of the training would be very much appreciated, there's very little actual first hand experience to be found online. I'm thinking waiting until I have a degree would probably be best but I'm impatient! Cheers in advance everyone x

  13. Stinger
    Started by Stinger,

    Help! I've forgotten my password for this account, meaning I can't log in on any other devices, thankfully my laptop remembers the password so I'm still able to post this! Unfortunately I can't do a 'Forgotten password' reset either, because the email address I have on this account is an o2.co.uk email address, and o2 shutdown their webmail services last month. I didn't realise I was still using it for this account. What can I do? Thanks!

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Morning all Couldn't decide where to put this and couldn't wait to tell you all (or someone) so here goes. I have quite literally got home only about 20 minutes ago so excuse the tiredness and any mistakes. I may have mentioned previously that I was going on holiday to Spain. This was a bit of a white lie. I have been to Spain and I have been to Fuengirola on the Costa Del Sol, however, it was to finalise a business venture. I need to check my final flights (i.e. book them) but within the next couple of weeks I shall opening my own bar on the Costa Del Sol. Whilst I have been out there these last few days I have experimented with posting on here and whilst it is po…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.8k views
  15. E29NP1546080952
    Started by E29NP1546080952,

    Not an issue I need helping with with but just an observation. I changed my user name about a week or so ago. However I still have to use that original username I created when I opened my account to log into the forum. Is this standard practice?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 821 views
    Administrative Account

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.