Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
Ok relative as I've just seen it. Person A has posted a Photo on a networking website, where he/she is facing the camera holding what appears to be a firearm in a threatening pose. Obviously there is no way to tell whether said firearm is imitation or not. What action (If any) would you / should you be take/ What offences have been committed if any.
-
What offences? Driver A is driving his vehicle out of the school car park at speed, driver A sees his ex-girlfriend and drives at her hoping she would move and does this as a joke. Driver A regularly does this. However the girl did not move, was hit by the car and injury was caused resulting in having to be taken to hospital. Witness state driver A was driving at speed and it is believed to be in competition with another driver. Both drivers deny this but witnesses seem to be saying the same thing. The road conditions were wet, visibility was poor and he has only been driving 6 months. What offences would you say there is?
-
You go to a domestic job. The chap that called it in isnt there but his brother is who has a white powder all over his nose, he says hang on closes the door and wipes his nose. He then lets you in after quickly closing the bedroom door on the table is what looks like cannabis mixed with tobacco. What do you do? just put intel on the house? you cant search him as its in a property can you? nick him on susp and then could you search the house?
-
I'm guessing this is the right place to ask this question. What happens to vehicles with no vehicle identification number (VIN) &/or no engine number? Am I correct in assuming that if you come across a vehicle with no way of identifying it, then it hasn't yet been 'recovered', so to speak, by the Police? Surely, a vehicle cannot re-enter the world without some method of identifying it? Scenario : I've viewed a motorcycle that has been offered for sale as spares or repairs, the frame number has clearly been ground off as has the engine number. The seller claims it is a stolen & recovered bike which he bought from a mate to strip for parts! There are no documen…
-
Ok, so a colleague and I were talking (he's a Special and FNP within the same force). We reached the point where we were talking about Saturday night drunks, calling Ambulances, etc... We then started talking about the following: You call up via the town radio (linked with all the clubs, door staff and officers... oh and medics) that someone needs an Ambulance. The "medics" (who are not part of St. John's, Red Cross or the local Ambulance service) attend in their marked Volvo V70 on flash... My colleague who used to work for the NHS says they aren't permit holders to do so and that is infact not an Ambulance, it's just a company car. Similarly: a person is stabbed…
-
Hi, this is the first time I've started a new topic - I've tried searching the forums for something similar, but came up blank, so I apologise in advance if there is a duplicate thread which I've managed to miss... Anyhow - my scenario is as follows: You are off duty, driving in your own car, when you are involved in a minor RTC with another moving vehicle. Let's assume for the sakes of argument that it appears to you that the other driver was at fault. You both stop, and there is substantial damage to your car, but nobody is injured. You ask the other driver for his/her name and address, but they tell you where to go, and head back towards their car, presumably to driv…
-
-
Hi all, Just wanted to gather some thoughts on this one. Couple days back I was on duty in uniform and I heard a couple of teenagers call me "Bin Laden" several times (as a Sikh, I wear a turban and have a beard). I looked up to see 2 youths - approx 14 years old shout it again through the window of the bus they were in. I just ignored it as I was dealing with an incident and I wasn't overly bothered by it as they were kids. Now I would say if we go by the book it was a Section 4A POA offence with a bit of racial aggravation thrown in - Just wanted to find out what anyone else would have done. I only post this just for my own interest - to see what others would con…
-
Your travelling down a country lane when you come across some road works with temporary traffic lights. The traffic light has been on red for over 10 minutes. What do you do?
-
Scenario 1. An employee aged 22 has regular access to a fleet of company 1.6l Ford Focus's. One day only one of them is available but it has a cracked windscreen and the employee needs to pop out to a supplier. The employee has seen a recent delivery of 5 'debadged' gunmetal Audi A6's in the rear yard and knows that the keys are in the facilities managers office key press to which they have a key because it also contains keys to rooms they are responsible for. They take the keys to one of the Audis and drive it to the supplier. On the way back from the supplier they go to overtake another vehicle and not used to the power of the Audi complete the overtake and carry on d…
-
I have started reading another police related book (I know I shouldn't but the telly reception's rubbish in the sticks!) but I have a question for discussion. If you knew in advance that there was a possibility of being assaulted by a MOP and then you were accused by the same person of assaulting them. Then that person complained and went through the legal system and you got four months in prison (bearing in mind I'm only on page 32). would you continue to be a Special ? or do you see as highly unprobable and an occupational hazard?
-
Okay, you on patrol and you see a teenager standing at a crossing pressing the button, the green man appears and the boy just stays until it goes red again and then starts doing it again for the 7th time. Would there be anything he is doing wrong?
-
So I was listening to the Jeremy Vine show on the way to the station yesterday when I caught the end of his topic on whether attaching a guide / working dog should be considered the same as an attack on a human. As I missed the start I dont know the full details but I believe there had been occasions when a human had attacked a working dog and one when an owner had incited their dog to attack the working dog. The opinions I heard were fairly simplistic and one even suggested that those with working dogs should carry mace to use incase of an attack although this was scorned by one participant as the spray may affect their working dog at the same time. My scenario for the…
-
Hello everyone Could someone possible list the reasons you might arrest someone please? For example: You are under arrest on suspicion of : Theft, going equipped, possession of controlled substance etc. Can anyone add to this list please? Thank you Tom
-
This is from the US, but in the context of the UK, would you say this bouncer used reasonable force or was excessive?