Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Peanut1984
    Started by Peanut1984,

    I would like to quickly introduce myself here... I am James and I am currently going through the application process for the role of a Metropolitan Police Service new Police constable (currently at the vetting stage). I am currently a full time member of the Armed Forces with 12 years + service and I am here to offer my MPS application experiences and I welcome any experiences from fellow applicants. Looking forward to a chat with you guys!

    • 2 replies
    • 114 views
  2. Sierra_
    Started by Sierra_,

    Hey everyone :). My name is Sarah and I'm currently waiting to start training on the 26th October, with the Met as a PC.

    • 2 replies
    • 175 views
  3. PC Will
    Started by PC Will,

    Hi, I'm Will. I'm from the London area, I recently applied to the MPS MSC and was successful in my application, I have now been given a training date for some time next year. I've joined here as I feel it will give me an invaluable insight from existing specials and full time officers, as well as contributing to the community. I look forward to talking to you all.

    • 2 replies
    • 322 views
  4. spoiltprince
    Started by spoiltprince,

    Hi everyone Never did I think I would be able to get as far as I have done in the recruitment process, but now that the end is in sight, thought i'd join this new forum. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 159 views
  5. Scottishguy00
    Started by Scottishguy00 * ,

    Hi, going through recruitment with Police Scotland just now. Looking to speak to people in the same position. Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

    • 2 replies
    • 209 views
  6. ms311546621348
    Started by ms311546621348,

    Hi, Again very mixed feelings about the email , my time line is as follows. Online assessment end of July 2014 Day one oct 21 2014 Day 2 December 15 2014 CKP external done Vetting August 2015 a long time. I want to stay positve but feel the axe may come down on us due to cuts?? I also have had a year and a half as a special in the met before I had to leave do to increased commitments for my day job. Feel frustrated like all of you at the moment

    • 3 replies
    • 177 views
  7. KPower
    Started by KPower * ,

    Hi, I am the son of a PC of 30 years, currently doing a section on GMP in the late seventies and 80s in my dissertation and would like to post on the forum to gather the thoughts of others who were in the force at that time. Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 285 views
  8. APBL
    Started by APBL,

    Apologies if I have sent this to the wrong place, but would like to introduce myself so I can contribute to some of the online discussion, especially regarding the MPS recruitment, external CKP grading topic that has been started. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 290 views
  9. Malita
    Started by Malita,

    First of all I would like to say hello and that I thoroughly enjoy reading everything on this forum/website. I joined this site a few weeks ago now so thought it was time I introduced myself and said a quick hello. I have been a Police Support Volunteer for Lincolnshire Police for 13 weeks now and I absolutely love it. My job title is a Vehicle Equipment Controller which basically means I look after/do the checks on 9 marked cars/vans (and also the Inspectors unmarked car and a few pool cars) at my local station, making sure they all have the right equipment in and everything else is safe/working eg: tyres, water, oil, sirens, lights, etc, etc and if I have spare tim…

  10. PEROZ
    Started by PEROZ * ,

    Hi there, I'm currently at the final stage of recruitment for Police Scotland. Wanted to join and ask questions and answer a few if I could!

    • 1 reply
    • 217 views
  11. WhatMatters
    Started by WhatMatters,

    Hi there, My name is Lucy. The reason I joined this forum was because I'm thinking about becoming a special but I don't really know enough about it yet. I am hoping some other members of the forum will help me shed some light on any questions I might have before I make an application. Nice to meet you!

    • 7 replies
    • 128 views
  12. richardhendron
    Started by richardhendron * ,

    Hi, Ex met inspector here. looking forward to joining the chat.

    • 5 replies
    • 82 views
  13. Ben Simpson
    Started by Ben Simpson * ,

    I have just been iffered a start date on 30th Nov. want to join and engage in forums.

    • 4 replies
    • 323 views
  14. irradiated
    Started by irradiated,

    Hey Guys, I'm irradiated, joined this forum as I've recently attested and am working on borough as a Special now in the met and thought it would be good to have an area to get in touch with others should I ever need any advice! I'm ex-army, having served in the Int Corps as well as an avid Rugby Player and Scuba Diver. Also a massive geek, into video gaming big time. Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 103 views
  15. grahknight
    Started by grahknight * ,

    I live in a flat that has parking bays for residential Parking. If used to be permit holders only but has changed to permit ends here area and they sign as gone up residential Parking only. Now I am led to believe that this is what they call an advisory sign not a legal notice, now I have carers that come for up to 1 hour 4x a day. As you can imagine the neighbours I'm not happy and keep giving my carers abuse What I'd like to know if somebody can help mi carers doing anything wrong are breaking the law thank you Graham Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

    • 2 replies
    • 158 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.