Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Chief Rat

    Hello John Brackenridge On behalf of the Police Community Team I would like to personally welcome you to our forum. Please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about you, what brought you to Police Community and what you hope to use the site for as we would love to hear. If you have any questions that you would like to ask the Police Community Team please feel free to drop one of us a message. Best Wishes Chief Rat

    • 7 replies
    • 343 views
    John Brackenridge
  2. jpd
    Started by jpd * ,

    Hi all newbie wanting to ask lots of questions as usual lol

    • 2 replies
    • 77 views
  3. Ariana
    Started by Ariana * ,

    I'm Jamie, 16 and currently studying computing in college. I have an interest in the cyber side of policing but I am also a big supporter of the police. I live in Manchester so my local force is GMP. I love watching TV shows such as Police Interceptors and more recently The Force Manchester.

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 119 views
  4. Madden96
    Started by Madden96 +,

    Hi guys, Just to say I am new to the forum, and I am currently an applicant for the Civil Nuclear Constabulary.

    • 1 reply
    • 109 views
  5. AJ Earl
    Started by AJ Earl,

    Hello, I'm AJ Earl, a crime author and I'm looking for willing Individuals to ask a few questions about the police service In the eighties. I'm not looking to probe for any sort of sensitive Information on modern day procedures or practices and will be very repesctful and thankful of anybody who Is willing to help. Kind Regards

    • 1 reply
    • 82 views
  6. Big Mac
    Started by Big Mac * ,

    Not sure if I'm writing this in the correct place... I'm 'Big Mac' a uniform Sgt in the Met with 16 years service. Long time reader of the forums, first time poster! My main interest is contributing to discussion on the future of the job including pensions / severance and the other issues that are affecting us all at he moment.

  7. Sweating Runner
    Started by Sweating Runner,

    Hi there, I am an applicant to become a BTP SC. I found useful to browse the forum as an anonymous user and I would like to contribute to the discussions. Cheers!

    • 2 replies
    • 80 views
  8. anony2015
    Started by anony2015 * ,

    Hi everyone, I'm a serving SC with between 4-5 years service. Outside of the police, I work full time in retail - which is challenging but no where near as interesting as working as a police officer(!). I wish I'd had the "balls" to join the police as a reg back when I was 18-20, as I'd have a much better career and (hopefully) be doing a job I enjoy much more. Although, the "grass is always greener" so who knows. I've joined here to learn a bit more about bits which my force doesn't seem able to help with :S Cheers!

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 68 views
  9. ross7perry
    Started by ross7perry * ,

    Hi everyone, I'm Ross, currently looking to apply for Northumbria Police as a Special Constable.

    • 2 replies
    • 66 views
  10. Brian1981
    Started by Brian1981,

    Hello everyone, Just wanted to say hi and get involved in this forum as I have recently applied to become a special with GMP. I have been invited to the assessment day in three weeks time and I thought that this forum would be a good place to gather information, also seek advice and converse with other like-minded individuals. I have been thinking of applying for the specials for quite some time now as I feel that this is a very worthy cause to volunteer my time to. Any advice or pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated. Kind regards, Brian.

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 72 views
  11. Will9207
    Started by Will9207,

    Hi, Just posting to get new member status! i am not a robot!! Looking to join the job. Was accepted into the Met as a PCSO a few years ago, and awaiting training start date, when they cut the budget and stopped training. Am hoping to join either BTP. City of London or CNC. Will

    • 2 replies
    • 77 views
  12. PJK
    Started by PJK * ,

    Hi all. I'm a new MSC recruit,and just thought I'd look in and see what the forum was all about.

    • 2 replies
    • 67 views
  13. newbee30
    Started by newbee30,

    I received my Borough posting (subject to passing CKP) and was on day 4 of internal CKP placement when I was visited by recruitment and told that I was been taken off the CKP and my application was been rejected due to an adverse work reference. Recruitment couldn't disclose what the information was apart from which work reference it concerned. The next day I received an email stating that "your application can no longer be considered due to us receiving adverse information". I sent my appeal in via email and waited 21days for a response but as its currently 29 days I'm unaware who I contact or what actions are open to me at this stage. Any advice/suggestions.

  14. Corey Dimond
    Started by Corey Dimond * ,

    just introducing myself...

    • 2 replies
    • 304 views
  15. Rose1994
    Started by Rose1994 * ,

    Hello

    • 2 replies
    • 259 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.