Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. t.mat.acc
    Started by t.mat.acc * ,

    Hello, I am a recent university graduate and looking to join the specials. I would like something worthwhile to do in my free time and to get more insight into a potential full time career in the forces. Tara

    • 2 replies
    • 69 views
  2. licensee
    Started by licensee * ,

    good morning as requested thisis my introduction, its nice to be on the forum.

    • 2 replies
    • 69 views
  3. Logan88
    Started by Logan88,

    This is my mandatory initial post before I ask advice around transferring to Canada as a UK cop.

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 79 views
  4. sierragolf95
    Started by sierragolf95 +,

    Hi folks, My name is Steven and I'm currently a door supervisor in pubs and nightclubs around Scotland. Recently I've seen a massive variation in police relationships between different venues that I work in, I want an insight in to the mind of the police when they're on standby near us or when we call them to deal with something. I also have future hopes of joining the police once I have recovered from an injury which I'm currently getting treatment for. I am also part of a voluntary ambulance service and regularly work with the police on the weekend nighttime initiatives we have going. Look forward to seeing you around!

    • 2 replies
    • 249 views
  5. John Brackenridge
    Started by John Brackenridge,

    Hi all - I am a serving officer currently researching a book, Canteen Culture - Taking the Temperature of the Police Service in the 21st Century. I was inspired by Talking Blues the seminal work by Roger Graef which was published 25 years ago. I am currently conducting research by way of a series of questionnaires, and would appreciate members of this forum taking some time to assist with my project. I hope to paint a true reflection of our work!

    • 2 replies
    • 251 views
  6. cambridgecopper
    Started by cambridgecopper * ,

    Hi there, I've been signed off my 10 week tutor period and have now been independent for approximately 5 weeks. I have joined the site for guidance/support and to share knowledge of the job. I am employed by Cambridgeshire Constabulary, have had no police experience before joining and am eager to hear others perspectives on topics.

    • 2 replies
    • 109 views
  7. Hunter90
    Started by Hunter90 * ,

    Callum here. 2/3's of the way through my application process for Police Scotland.

    • 2 replies
    • 171 views
  8. PCMario
    Started by PCMario * ,

    happy to be on this forum and too introduce myself as a new member

    • 2 replies
    • 133 views
  9. weeone
    Started by weeone * ,

    Hi I have joined this forum to get an answer to a question I have.

    • 2 replies
    • 274 views
  10. eye777
    Started by eye777,

    Hi, Been having a good look around and enjoyed reading about everyones experiences regarding the recruitment process. So, obviously, as Im on this site Im interested in joining the Police Force (Scotland), and excited to begin - both the process and using this site. Take care, i

    • 2 replies
    • 286 views
  11. Loki
    Started by Loki * ,

    Hi everyone, I hope this is the right place to make my "mandatory intro" for full access to the forum... I am a police officer in Canada currently, front line patrol in a city centre... i'm interested in learning more about policing in the UK. I've served with a handful of brits (all great guys), who have left the UK (though I get conflicting answers on WHY).. anyway, after browsing here occasionally i'd like to post a question or two about life as an officer over there. My family and I have a desire to move from Canada and i'm interested in your opinions and advice about policing in the UK as some kind of non-lateral transfer. Looking forward to the discussions!

    • 2 replies
    • 67 views
  12. SCD
    Started by SCD,

    Hello, thank you for including me on the forum. I am a serving member with 9 years services

    • 1 reply
    • 52 views
  13. junaid_144@hotmail.com
    Started by junaid_144@hotmail.com * ,

    HI All, Joined the website today. Recently applied for becoming a special in Met. looking forward to a response by the them and all the excitement. Junaid

    • 2 replies
    • 58 views
  14. Jingles88
    Started by Jingles88,

    Hi, Just got my training start date as a special and thought I'd sign up to the forum and keep up to date with everything, learn from everyone else on here.

    • 2 replies
    • 73 views
  15. Condor24
    Started by Condor24,

    Hi folks I'm in the process of applying to the CNC police and was looking to seek advice and experience from current officers and just chat about the process Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 91 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.