The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
Hey, Happy Thursday! I currently have a Tissot PR50 Chronograph watch, but I haven't been using it for the past few days and now it's just stopped working, is it one of those watches that uses body heat as well to keep it on and if there is no skin contact then it will turn itself off?? or has just given up?? Any help would be much appreciated!
-
If I had 100k right now.... The Water Jet Pack has got to be up there...
-
Hey, before I start I am not due to go on jury service, this is just a general enquiry, whilst you are on jury service which I’ve heard is up to 10 ten days, is your employer legally bound to pay you for the time taken off even though jury service is mandatory if you are called up?
-
which do you prefer as i have an i phone 3gs 8 gig and have had the android phones before
-
Well done to David, whos submission "Some flower or other" was voted the PS.com March photo competition winner! David's photograph attracted 26% of the votes and as such he gets a natty moderator's award (if you want one of course!) and the chance to pick the subject for the next competition. This has been the closest competition yet and all of the submissions were fantastic. Thanks to everyone who entered and everyone who voted. Keep up the good work! Now, without further ado, here is the winning photograph... Some flower or other by eff2.8, on Flickr
-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220768216260&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=220768216260&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1 Wish I bouht it just to meet the man :D
-
So it's back and with new judges! what do you think of the new contestants and Judges? do you like it? If some wants to add a poll, feel free too!!
-
Over many years Police have gained a long history, i have but a few questions on this history, and hope other will join in. 1) When did the Police start spending vast sums of money in order to save lives? I am guessing at a certain time in the past when the population started to take a life more seriously. Five hundred years back a loss of a human life meant very little, but now may it be murder or death by dangerous is frowned upon from a great hight. 2) Once a death has been established, when did the police start to cordon off the surrounding areas? There was a time in the distant past if a body was found, all onlookers were, maybe not welcome, but tolerated. 3) Th…
-
- 1 reply
- 484 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Following one of the saddest and most stressful year of my life following the death of my remaining parent, and then hearing of retired officers from another forum dying well before they got their money from the pension pot leaving families behind, it got me thinking.......... I've paid a lot of money into the pot so far, I have a family I want to be here for, and places I want to go to! So how do I give myself the best possible chance of getting there? Bar any unavoidable illness of course. I've never smoked, and try to eat reasonably well, and have even cut down on chocolate and alcohol, but it's hit me that the biggest threat is probably stress. Stress at work, stres…
-
Well the time has come to decide the winner of the March round of the PS.com photo competition and you, the users of PS.com, are the judges. During the three week "shooting period" our members have been taking photographs relating to a monthly theme. The theme for this month has been Natural beauty. Each and every photograph submitted has been fantastic but unfortunately there can be only one winner and that person gets to have this natty little moderator's award for their hard work - The winner also has the honour of picking the next monthly topic. Entrants - you can vote for yourself if you like. So, thanks to all who have entered the competition this…
-
-
Wishing you a very happy birthday ITB.(ps I don't believe you are 99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
-
- 8 replies
- 354 views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://travel.aol.co.uk/2011/04/13/shock-video-child-groped-and-probed-in-airport-security-patdown/ Am I too sensitive? or is this a necessary security measure? I do feel a little uneasy seeing a six year old being patted down like this. Possibly as mini ITB is a very similar age.
-
- 4 replies
- 287 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Half of planned job cuts in the NHS will affect clinical staff such as doctors and nurses despite the Government's pledge to protect the frontline, nursing leaders have warned. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8441391/Half-of-NHS-cuts-in-frontline-posts-nursing-leaders-claim.html In January, my son was referred to the orthodontic dept at my local hospital for a problem that is causing him pain on a daily basis. As of this morning I had heard nothing back from the hospital, so decided to call them up to find out what the delay is. I was informed that the 'waiting list' has now 'spiraled', to the extent that my son will have to wait 35 weeks just for his i…
-
- 6 replies
- 400 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello All Members My Name is Richard Clay I am a Serving Officer in the UK. I have recently joined Police Oracle and have posted a Advertising Banner on The Police Oracle Website Offering Discounts on Garden Furniture and Accessories www.summertimegardenfurniture.com We offer 10% Discount plus FREE Delivery to All UK Serving or Retired Police Officers,Civilian Support Staff and extended Police Family resident within the UK. (Postage Cost to Channel Islands and Ireland) In order to Receive your 10% Discount on the Advertised Price you need to use a Discount Voucher Code on the Checkout section of the Website. Voucher Code 'POL999' This Discoun…
-
- 2 replies
- 741 views
- 1 follower
-