Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Mercia Police

 
 

Subforums

    • 188 posts
    PCW
    PCW +,
  1. xand_xand
    Started by xand_xand,

    Does anyone know what the regulars new shift patterns are now please?

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. jona_1913
    Started by jona_1913,

    As we're all finally getting some movement again, i thought i'd ask a question about the fitness tests. Im guessing thats its just going to be the bleep test? Or is there going to be a push/ pull? The email yesterday just said bleep test but when I passed a/c i was told there would be a push/ pull as well?

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Joker1546081795 +
  3. PCW

    With thanks to Damsel for providing links and info.

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 4.3k views
  4. Emsie
    Started by Emsie * ,

    Hi everyone Thought it was about time i joined and said hello. I've spent some time reading the posts on this forum which have been very helpful, just wondering if you guys could answer a couple of things for me. My questions are regarding training (if I'm lucky enough to get to that point), if you want to be based in Shropshire where does the training take place? Once starting training is there any time you need to be staying away from home, or if training is close enough can you go home each night? I'm just trying to work out (if I'm lucky enough to get into training) home life and work and both don't always allow me to be away from home. Thanks in advance

    • 8 replies
    • 925 views
    Joker1546081795 +
  5. danno86
    Started by danno86,

    hi ive got my assessment for the specials on tuesday, what is the pass mark for the whole assessment

    • 10 replies
    • 725 views
    MikeAlphaRomeoTango
  6. danno86
    Started by danno86,

    hi anyone on the assessment day next tuesday 29th, second time round for me as i failed vetting last october so more nervous than ever now as I know what to expect not looking forward to the 4 question interview. Has anything changed since last year

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 873 views
    Joker1546081795 +
  7. danno86
    Started by danno86,

    is the written exam a proposal about a charity event or do they change them every new assessment

    • 2 replies
    • 822 views
  8. Smeders
    Started by Smeders,

    Ive bit the bullet and have applied to become a special with West Mercia. It's my 1st time applying for the police (apart from some volunteer work with a neighbourhood team with West Mids Police) so I'm a bit nervous but also excited that ive started the process! Does anyone have any pointers for me about the application process? Any help would be great! Thanks!

      • Like
    • 115 replies
    • 5.4k views
  9. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    I was just wondering the west Mercia bleep test is 5.4 for a pass (if I remember right) but some forces still want you to get to 6. Does that mean if you get to 5.4 that you still fail? I was also wondering how many specials are awaiting for the new medical and fitness test?

    • 48 replies
    • 2.4k views
  10. ForTheBetter1985
    Started by ForTheBetter1985,

    Hi everyone, I'm a newbie on here! So I'm looking into signing up to become a Special on the West Mercia force. Rang Switch today and they told me they are recruiting again and to get an application form from the website, so going to do that later. So I have looked through a few threads on here and everyone seems to be at different stages which makes for interesting reading, gives me a bit of an insight to what to expect. Just excited to make the jump now Tara

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1k views
    MikeAlphaRomeoTango
  11. MikeAlphaRomeoTango
    Started by MikeAlphaRomeoTango,

    As im sure some of you read in the news, couple of months ago, that West Mercia Police were going to close many of its stations and open in community buildings, an announcement of some changes today (possibility of changes obviously) http://www.westmercia.police.uk/news/news-articles/commissioner-announces-operational-police-estate-changes.html

    • 4 replies
    • 978 views
  12. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    I passed my AC in feb everything was going fine was hoping to be on up coming course but then found out that everyone who passed in feb now has to under go more tests and may not enter a course untill April next year!! I was wider if there was any other out there??

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Jonno
    Started by Jonno,

    Just wondering, all you Ladies and Gents either in the application process or currently training as Specials, what are your expectations of the role that you will perform?

    • 9 replies
    • 873 views
    MikeAlphaRomeoTango
  14. jona_1913
    Started by jona_1913,

    Hello, Had an email of HR yesterday offering a place on the may A/C (29th at 1pm), anyone else on this one? Any advice or tips as well would be much appreciated! Thanks!

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 2k views
  15. Joker1546081795
    Started by Joker1546081795 +,

    Hi All This may sound like a stupid question to ask, however I am asking on behalf of a colleague and a freind of mine - he is not on the forums. I work for a neighbouring force, so I am not sure how you guys work. Basically he had his assessment and passed at the end of May, and recieved his feedback form and success letter a few days back. On that letter, it said if he successfully passes the medical/fitness/biometric he will be "CONSIDERED" for a place on the training course commencing April 2014. By means of the word "considered" does this mean even though he is successful in the medical/fitness/biometric, he still may not get a place? It is kind of a worry to him, c…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.