Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Mercia Police

 
 

Subforums

    • 188 posts
    PCW
    PCW +,
  1. Shark
    Started by Shark,

    Hi all, my first post on the forum! I've been hanging around for a couple of months, but its finally time to post! I found out i was successful in getting the job as a Public Service Officer (answering the emergency calls) But i was wondering if any of you know if this includes dispatching officers aswell as taking the calls? Is it a crazy job? (Always busy, stressful?) Thanks in advance :D ps, cant wait to start!

    • 1 reply
    • 937 views
  2. sean_westmidsbobby
    Started by sean_westmidsbobby,

    Hello there Anyone who currently works North Worcs, Special or Reg please contact me. Those of you may remember I asked the same question South Worcs many months ago and the response was fantastic, if there's anyone who works South Worcs give me a shout. Regards Sean

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
    sean_westmidsbobby
  3. wmpolicespecial
    Started by wmpolicespecial,

    Hi all, Have had confirmation I am through everything now and will be training in November with a pre-induction end of October! Very excited. Anyone else going to be on this course?

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 2.5k views
  4. Hopefulofficer1546081388
    Started by Hopefulofficer1546081388,

    Hi all, I have revieved my letter of appointment this week and I am booked onto January's course. I know there is a Nov course about to start but wondering if anyone else has had the good news this week? I have uniform fitting next week and pre induction early December. Can't wait to get started and looking forward to meeting new faces in 2013! Love to hear from anyone else on that course or anyone else in general!

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 946 views
    Hopefulofficer1546081388
  5. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    Hey all, I was just wondering after you have sent off your main application form how long is it till you normally hear somthing and do they let you know that they've recived it ok and are going thorough it or do they just let you know if you have past or failed?

    • 2 replies
    • 857 views
  6. danno86
    Started by danno86,

    Do vetting require information about everyone's social networking accounts or only if they have queries

    • 5 replies
    • 953 views
  7. Hopefulofficer1546081388
    Started by Hopefulofficer1546081388,

    Hello, I applied to join the specials last August and I am now at final vetting (nerve racking stuff). I'm really looking forward to doing my bit and I wanted to hear what it's like being a special constable in west Mercia, specifically around the Herefordshire area. Thanks in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 950 views
  8. Hopefulofficer1546081388
    Started by Hopefulofficer1546081388,

    Hi all, I'm Currently in the vetting process hoping to become a special constable in or around the Hereford area. Recruitment mentioned they weren't sure which stations were on offer yet so thought if ask any serving officers what the options were. I'm happy to travel within reason anyway but interested in peoples opinions. Thanks in advance

    • 4 replies
    • 864 views
  9. danno86
    Started by danno86,

    Do vetting require information about everyone's social networking accounts or only if they have queries

    • 0 replies
    • 656 views
  10. Hopefulofficer1546081388
    Started by Hopefulofficer1546081388,

    Hi all, I know vetting must be one of the most discussed things on this forum, but I've got a query. When you are vetted, does it vary from person to person or is it a standard "same for all"? Also do vetting view your overall performance and make a decision or is it a simple case of getting a yes from vetting then your in? Thanks in advance

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Hopefulofficer1546081388
  11. JoeyBob
    Started by JoeyBob,

    Hi All. Finally got vetting through and have a place on the September course up in Telford. Anyone else going? Cheers. Joe

    • 3 replies
    • 842 views
  12. DanielSmith
    Started by DanielSmith,

    Hi! Just got offered a place on the summer training course at Hindlip and was wondering who else would be attending. :new_yummy: Dan

      • Like
    • 44 replies
    • 3.2k views
  13. Hopefulofficer1546081388
    Started by Hopefulofficer1546081388,

    Just a quick query regarding the duties that a special constable in Hereford (or surrounding area) would likely undertake. Am I right in thinking specials are part of the local policing team? Which i would imagine is the important job of reassuring the public with a visible presence? Would I also be right in thinking they are deployed on other operations as necessary? Thanks in advance James

    • 16 replies
    • 1.4k views
  14. telspec 2
    Started by telspec 2,

    As I was a SC only several months ago and have just reapplied :new_yes: does the vetting this time round generally get done any quicker? It asked on the form if ever had one before so I presume they keep some records and don't destroy them when someone leaves? :new_thanks:

    • 2 replies
    • 800 views
  15. telspec 2
    Started by telspec 2,

    I was a special with West Mercia for nearly 6yrs but left due to work commitments at end of October last year :new_no:. Things have changed now and I'm ready to rejoin - I should have asked for some time off instead :new_doh2: . Anyway I sent off my rejoiner application form 5 weeks ago and am waiting to hear back. I am surprised at the length of time it is taking to do the basic checks as I would have thought that with me being already trained and more or less up to date it would have been done quickly. I've rang them twice to check but it hasn't been done yet. Think it's probably all the checks their doing on others for the olympics. Does anybody know what the length …

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.