Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Mercia Police

 
 

Subforums

    • 188 posts
    PCW
    PCW +,
  1. laurarhos
    Started by laurarhos,

    Hello... Just wondering if anyone out there went along to hindlip on the 1st March???

      • Like
    • 54 replies
    • 3.4k views
  2. danno86
    Started by danno86,

    Hi everyone i had a letter through the post yesterday, it was a SPEEDING ticket. The car is registered in my name but my wife was driving, they have given me all the details on what to do if i wasnt the driver but will this affect my application at all. It worked out to be an expensive night out in worcester

    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
  3. Hopefulofficer1546081388
    Started by Hopefulofficer1546081388,

    Hi all, I have read that west mercias special constables have the same uniform as the regs, out of interest what is this? I have seen some officers in Hereford wearing different styles (could be a combo of hi viz etc) just interested to know. Thanks In advance

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
    ChrisNewmanUK
  4. danno86
    Started by danno86,

    Hi everyone am i right in thinking that you have to pass an exam once you get excepted onto a training course

    • 3 replies
    • 926 views
  5. laurarhos
    Started by laurarhos,

    Hello Just wondering if when you complete your training you have a presentation evening or is it just you have passed and you start you first duty? Anyone know? L

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 846 views
  6. Hopefulofficer1546081388
    Started by Hopefulofficer1546081388,

    I'm sure if I look hard enough I'll find the answer to my question, however in the interest of conversation: Does anyone know if west Mercia (and specifically Hereford) require specials to take a fitness test? I have read lots of posts from people who both have and haven't been required to do one! A friend of mine has been a special constable in Hereford for 2 years and wasn't asked to do one during his recruitment. Maybe it's a new addition. Thanks

    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Hopefulofficer1546081388
  7. carty23
    Started by carty23,

    Hi guys, I sent off the initial application form for West Mercia and then I received the full application form, informing me to return it within a months time. However, in my day job recently I've been working 50 hours + each week and I just wanted to rest and kept saying to myself "I'll do it tomorrow" and time went on and I realised it bad been over a month. What is the likelihood of recruitment accepting my application now? I don't want to spend a lot of time filling it in only to find it won't be processed. Obviously recruitment will have the definitive answer but was wondering had anyone been in the same situation as me? Secondly, I've read training is over 14 we…

    • 4 replies
    • 902 views
  8. Hopefulofficer1546081388
    Started by Hopefulofficer1546081388,

    Hi all, I passed the assesment centre in Feburary of this year (2012) and have this week received word that my references have been taken up. I know this forum is packed with similar threads but I thought I'd ask again ...... For attention! " how long after references are returned, before I know if I'm in or out" Look forward to Any replies, thanks all.

    • 23 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. Hopefulofficer1546081388
    Started by Hopefulofficer1546081388,

    Hello, I have a good friend who has been a special for over 2 years and mentioned west Mercia will only be hiring regs from the PCSO's and specials. Just wondering if anyone knows how long you need to have served before applying? ( I realise I'm thinking dangerously far into the future here!!) Cheers all

    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. Hopefulofficer1546081388
    Started by Hopefulofficer1546081388,

    Hi all, I was checking through my assesment centre results earlier and I noticed it mentioned the possibility of further independent force testing.... That got me thinking! I have passed the assesment centre and, assuming I pass vetting, will be offered a place on novembers training course. Does west Mercia ( specifically Hereford) operate a further filter before offering positions? Thanks on advance

    • 6 replies
    • 772 views
  11. Ducky
    Started by Ducky,

    Hello guys, I'm newly registered. I intend to apply for West Mercia but I'd like to get a few ride alongs first, does this force offer them or failing that do any of the neighbouring forces? I've checked online but I'm recovering from man flu so it's possible I've overlooked something. Cheers.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  12. jona_1913
    Started by jona_1913,

    hi all :new_wave: I applied for West Mercia in February and im still waiting to here back for my paper sift results. I was wondering what the normal waiting time to find out if you have been successful or not is? thanks

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views
  13. kristo
    Started by kristo,

    hello all, I am currently with West Midlands Police. I have been for 4 years now and am currently a 'permanent tutor', guiding the new students through all the 'pdu' stages. I put the exclamation marks in as I well aware that other forces use different terms for different departments but basically I am a tutor.... I have spent 4 years on/off shift work and now am attached to the development unit in Birmingham. I have applied and passed all stages of transfer to West Mercia (other than my medical and uniform fitting!). My force is currently going through a massive change as we have a new Chief Constable who has decided to change things around. Im sure this will work very…

    • 5 replies
    • 4.7k views
  14. FloydYK
    Started by FloydYK,

    Hi, I attended the Assesment centre for West Mercia specials on the 28th of feb 2012. Passed (woo) and got all my medical forms and security forms sent off by the 1st of march. I'm currently in the vetting process and i'm wondering; a) how much longer will it take? b) what happens next? c) is there anybody else on the forum in the same position as me? (e.g in the same assessment group) Cheers

    • 19 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. danno86
    Started by danno86,

    is it right in saying from the point of the assessment centre to getting an actual start date is 12 months or thereabouts

    • 4 replies
    • 770 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.