Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Mercia Police

 
 

Subforums

    • 188 posts
    PCW
    PCW +,
  1. xand_xand
    Started by xand_xand,

    Hi all; Ive been trying to get my head around what shifts I personally may or may not be able to do once ive finished my training (starts end May) I work Mon to Fri 9-5pm with my full time employment so i would be particularly interested to hear from those who work similar full time hours now; so I ask what shift patterns are you current Specials doing? Look forward to all of your replies thanks in advance.

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 2.6k views
  2. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    I know we are have a topic on this in general questions but I think it would be good to hear what a day on duty is like from a West Mercia point. I think it would be good to hear off everyone and give us all a insight

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. SOT.special
    Started by SOT.special,

    I was wondering once we have been measured up for Accidentally pressed post lol, once we have been measured up for our uniform when do we actually get to collect it?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. xand_xand
    Started by xand_xand,

    Would someone please advise me on the correct protocol in respect of wearing sunglasses whilst on duty. appreciate the sun has been a little elusive lately, but my eyes are very sensitive to sunlight and I spend alot of time in my sports Oakleys. I wouldn't imagine my red fire iridium sports shades would go down to well! so is there a written guide on this?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. MikeAlphaRomeoTango
    Started by MikeAlphaRomeoTango,

    Oh dear...Oh Dear...I'm off to the gym tonight... Like many others I'm sure, I received a letter this morning stating that West Mercia Police have introduced Fitness tests from June 2013 (not very fair I feel as we are already in the process, they should start from new applicants, but hey its the police - They have to make sure we're all fit and healthy (just my 2 cents)) I have rallied my troops at work and quite a few of us are going to do a Bleep Test in one of Worcester's parks as a practice tomorrow, so I will let you know how I get on! Best of luck to everyone else in the same boat!

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Joker1546081795 +
  6. xand_xand
    Started by xand_xand,

    About to start training end May at Hindlip and can't wait really excited. Induction next Tues 30th April. Anyone else on this course?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 890 views
  7. 11rich11
    Started by 11rich11,

    hello all, can you transfer A/C results to west mercia and if so what is the pass rate providing it was run by the NPIA? is it still 55% for a specials A/C?? any advice given would be great Regards Rich

    • 2 replies
    • 781 views
  8. SOT.special
    Started by SOT.special,

    As seen as I'm just about to start specials training (10th April) is it possible to apply for the regs at the same time?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 803 views
  9. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    Hey guys I was wondering if you guys could help. I've passed the application stage and assessment centre for the specials and I am just sorting my medical forms out. On one part of the form it asks me to put my collar number, my WMP email address and division etc but I havnt been given any of that yet. Do I need to ring up and get it or do I just leave it blank? Many thanks

      • Like
    • 45 replies
    • 1.9k views
    MikeAlphaRomeoTango
  10. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    Is WM short on specials? As I've noticed they're doing more assessment dates this year and had moved candidates forward from October. Was wondering if they're trying to get a lot through quickly as they're short or something.

    • 1 reply
    • 860 views
  11. gemz100
    Started by gemz100,

    :D Im having a home visit!!!!!!!!

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 3.1k views
  12. Simontaylor784
    Started by Simontaylor784,

    I am just looking at purchasing my boots ready for my uniform to arrive and was wondering weather they should have steel toe caps or not. Can anyone answer this question for me please.

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 2.2k views
  13. Andy23
    Started by Andy23,

    Hi All, Over 2 years in and finally been offered a place on a training course. Since applying my working patterns have changed. So my first question is can you claim reasonable loss of earnings for any shifts that I have to miss to attend training? Do you have to attend absolutely every single training day? And can i defer training from the course I've been offered to one starting later in the year?

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 1k views
  14. MikeAlphaRomeoTango
    Started by MikeAlphaRomeoTango,

    Hiya, Does anybody know at what point Uniform Fitting happens? at what stage of the process? Cheers

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.4k views
    MikeAlphaRomeoTango
  15. MikeAlphaRomeoTango
    Started by MikeAlphaRomeoTango,

    Hi All, Just a quick one, How do you go about picking where you would like to be stationed?...Do you get to choose, or do they select one for you? What if there arent any available vacancies at my prefered station? Also, At what point do you choose and find out thats where your going? Sorry for so many questions in one sentence lol Cheers

    • 6 replies
    • 742 views
    MikeAlphaRomeoTango

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.