Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Mercia Police

 
 

Subforums

    • 188 posts
    PCW
    PCW +,
  1. TheCu
    Started by TheCu,

    I've got an AC with West Mercia on the 22nd so wish me luck.. The only thing that worries me is the SJT. I have read the official College of Policing pdf file that details what to expect on the AC. My q is, to you have to get EVERY part right in one SJT q to score one mark? Or are partial marks given e.g you give the appropriate judgement on a solution twice so score 2 out of the 4. Thanks in advance all.

    • 5 replies
    • 435 views
  2. NHSworrier
    Started by NHSworrier,

    Hi all, I have SC assessment centre place booked at the end of this month (1pm-4.30pm) for West Mercia. (I thought it was a full day event?) Can anyone give me a breakdown of what to expect on the day (in order) and any top tips you may have? Thanks for any help

    • 6 replies
    • 357 views
    Santisuk1546081549
  3. prim1
    Started by prim1,

    For all those who have either passed their interview or are due one soon. Have you any suggestions to prepare? Also does anyone have any thoughts into the time frame between interview and start date?

    • 7 replies
    • 809 views
  4. HotShotpixels
    Started by HotShotpixels,

    Hello, I am applying to my local force to become a Special Constable. I am very excited and nervous but I have been hoping to pass all the tests; I am going as far to prepare properly for Interviews, the beep test and fitness test overall - I only sent off the preliminary form two days ago! lol But here is my soon to be problem; my brother was convicted of GBH when he was 14 he is currently 25 now. I just turned 18 in May and I was rejected from the cadets because I was too old (17) but the chap on the phone referred me to Special Constable after I turned 18. Which I put down on the preliminary form. Anyway I suspect my brothers offence is going to put me down like a str…

    • 11 replies
    • 1k views
  5. HotShotpixels
    Started by HotShotpixels,

    I've looked around on the post regarding "Guide to Recruitment" or something like that, pardon my ignorance please. But does any serving officer or any fellow PCSO know what competencies are being used at the moment? I'm trying to prepare myself properly so any tips and advice is greatly appreciated!

    • 3 replies
    • 573 views
  6. vinesy
    Started by vinesy,

    After 18 months the day is almost here.who else is on this intake at wellington?

      • Like
    • 38 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. TheCu
    Started by TheCu,

    Hi all, Okay so I have applied to West Mercia as a Special and am waiting for an assessment centre date. Yippee. I have also just applied for as a PC there as well. However, West Mercia is not my local force, West Midlands is. I just found this... http://www.westmidla...recruitment.pdf Now, I point it out because before, when i spoke to a senior HR member, he told me at the time that all training would be 2014 to 2015. This meant that I decided I could not apply since I graduate in 2016. This is important to note because I graduate in 2016. That newer plan shown above shows training available for July 2016. So now I am thinking of withdrawing my application from…

    • 1 reply
    • 306 views
  8. TheCu
    Started by TheCu,

    Is there any rule that does not allow you to use the same answers again when you answer parts of the application form? For instance, under skills section for my PC application, I have put the same info down which is from another current application (Specials i.e I am applying for both SC and PC at the same force) I also expanded and revised the information for the skills section. What about competency questions? If the same question is asked, are you allowed to give the same answer? Reasoning behind this is due to one already knowing if they have already passed the application stage before with the previous answers.. The one which stands out the most is the ''Why do …

    • 6 replies
    • 449 views
  9. TheCu
    Started by TheCu,

    Hi all, To my understanding, the training must be done in full time. It says on the official Terms and conditions of service that part time work can be done during probation, provided a minimum of 24 hours a week is given. Does anyone know if this had been done before or is possible in their force? I'm trying to see if it is possible to fit training in during summer and work part time during probation as I finish a final year of my degree. Thanks in advance.

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 635 views
  10. Becky_1234
    Started by Becky_1234,

    Hi all I've sent off my preliminary application form, currently awaiting the full pack. I'm presuming, if my memory serves me rightly, that it asks about parents on it? Thing is, I don't speak to or see my dad and haven't for along time thus I don't have an address or even a phone number for him! Is this going to affect my application in anyway?

    • 4 replies
    • 520 views
  11. vinesy
    Started by vinesy,

    Just had the call with my offer. Based at wellington. Induction 17th sept can't wait

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 982 views
  12. AdamBE5302
    Started by AdamBE5302,

    I was just wondering if anyone was waiting to hear back after completing all of the selection process? I have had AC, Fitness, Both Medicals and a Uniform Fitting.

    • 24 replies
    • 800 views
    MikeAlphaRomeoTango
  13. Wickedbigfoot
    Started by Wickedbigfoot,

    Hi everyone I'm currently at the vetting stage of the process and waiting for my full medical appointment, I was just wondering what does the full medical entail? I have had my vision tested at my opticians and occupational health have assessed that in the pre-medical. Thanks in advance

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. firstdan
    Started by firstdan,

    Hi all I am in the latter stages of recruitment for the specials with the west mercia police force. I have two tribal tattoos (one on each upper arm) but was in about to start the process of getting them lasered and having new half sleeves. The half sleeve I was going for were of a fallen angel type theme and skulls. As I have already submitted all my forms stating I have tribal would this cause a major problem. I had always planned to get the tattoos but never really envisaged it would be an issue. Any advice would be grand...I know the obvious would be don't get the tattoo but I cant see why half sleeve tattoos that aren't offensive would cause any problems. Cheers

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. Cali
    Started by Cali,

    I finally attested last night and can't wait to get out there now! good luck to everyone in he process and good look to all starting training next week. You will love it and make some great friends for life! Anyone who has any questions about the process or training feel free to message me and i'll help the best I can.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 805 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.