Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Mercia Police

 
 

Subforums

    • 188 posts
    PCW
    PCW +,
  1. SierraAlpha99
    Started by SierraAlpha99,
    SierraAlpha99
  2. timmo1710
    Started by timmo1710,

    Very happy. Start training 8th May.

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 2k views
  3. Newbie
    Started by Newbie,

    Has anyone sat the final force interview recently and if so any tips?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 843 views
  4. Sleepy02
    Started by Sleepy02,

    Hi, I found out I passed the application stage for West Mercia and would be contacted about my AC date in the near future, that was two months ago. Should I be worried or am I being a little impatient?

    • 5 replies
    • 455 views
  5. sitemplar
  6. prim1
    Started by prim1,

    Hi all Let me start by stating that the information I have outlined below is for Regular recruitment, advice and information surrounding this topic is welcomed. I am posting about the dreading vetting! I have read a lot on here regarding the vast difference in the time individuals are having to wait in order to successfully pass their vetting stage. My personal circumstances; I have my Fitness next month, I have completed everything else (vetting, biometrics sent however not received back yet). I had my Medical early Jan so hopefully it won't be too long of a wait after I pass my fitness. is there any rhyme or reason with this process? Can anyone give an outline of tim…

    • 16 replies
    • 1k views
  7. LeeStrong
    Started by LeeStrong,

    Folks, I was wondering if it's standard for any police force to give a candidate a months notice prior to the start date they hand out, Is anyone able to confirm this for me? Many thanks, Lee.

    • 2 replies
    • 583 views
  8. vinesy
    Started by vinesy,

    Spoke to hr today all vetting has been passed and references collected. Awaiting for formal offer letter with the induction starting in sept can't wait now all the waiting is paying off

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 1.8k views
  9. Norman1
    Started by Norman1 * ,

    Hi all, I have recently received confirmation that I have successfully passed my assessment center and am now waiting for my interview. Regarding medicals, does anyone know how strict the BMI requirement is? If you fall above their limit does this mean that you are automatically failed and have to completely reapply or are you given a grace period in which to lose weight? Alternatively, are you able to delay the medical slightly yourself? Any guidance would be appreciated. Cheers.

    • 1 reply
    • 508 views
  10. prim1
    Started by prim1,

    So does anyone know how long training takes for the regs? What is the break down?

    • 13 replies
    • 1k views
    vitalinstinct
  11. Liverrzz
    Started by Liverrzz * ,

    Hey all, I start training to be a Special Constable at the end of this month for West Mercia Police. My plan is to move to East Sussex earlyish next year and hopefully be a special for Sussex police. I'm unsure of the best way to go about this - Specials applications are currently open for Sussex Police until 21st June. Should I apply for Sussex Police now or wait until nearer the time of moving for a transfer? Their website states that applications for transfer are currently closed. I've attempted to email Sussex Recruitment but they suggested contacting again closer to the time of moving and haven't provided any other information since. Could anyone offer advice on …

    • 1 reply
    • 353 views
    centaurandrew1546082782
  12. Blues&Toos
    Started by Blues&Toos,

    Hi all, I said a little while ago that I would make something like this and I have finally found the time! First of all, a big congratulations on getting to the interview stage as that would more than likely mean that you have passed your assessment centre. I cannot disclose any specific information about the interview for obvious reasons, BUT I will be using information that is already in the public domain. First of all, the bare interview basics! 1) Be Confident - Make conversation, be positive, maintain a good clear voice when talking and don't be afraid to SMILE! It sounds a bit strange but enjoy your interview experience! 2) Maintain good eye contact - There is …

    • 2 replies
    • 860 views
  13. Blues&Toos
    Started by Blues&Toos,

    Hi all, just wondering what you all think about cuts etc and what they could have an impact on. Does anyone think that West Mercia could turn around now to everyone still waiting and say sorry..end of the road? The difference between possible and impossible is yourself.

    • 3 replies
    • 573 views
  14. 717e96d8
    Started by 717e96d8,

    Have just spoke to recruitment this morning and learnt that everything has come back OK, vetting etc.! Just waiting now for confirmation of 'intake' date and training, as well as definite posting location. It was mentioned that I would be on an early March intake! Anyone else at this stage? I know from reading that a lot of people are curious as to the timescale, so mine is below: Original application form / applied - December 2013 Application / CBQ passed - May 2014 Assessment centre attended - end of August 2014 Assessment centre passed - early September 2014 Vetting 'questionnaire' - October 2014 Medical - December 2014 (needed to reduce BMI, everything else OK) Fi…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 938 views
  15. Newbie
    Started by Newbie,

    I have recently submitted my online vetting forms but it has come to light that some information I was given regarding my parents were wrong, dates when became British citizen. Does anyone happen to know the contact details for online vetting so I can attempt to sort the matter? Thanks in advance for any help

    • 9 replies
    • 635 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.