Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Mercia Police

 
 

Subforums

    • 188 posts
    PCW
    PCW +,
  1. Cop
    Started by Cop,

    Hi all Just before submitting the online vetting application form there's a statement and a place to sign and date the form. Obviously because it's online there's no way to sign it or to type you name either. There's also no instruction to print it off and send it away. Is it okay to submit with no signature/ name? Thanks

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. prim1
    Started by prim1,

    Hi all what is the time frame between sitting a medical to completing a physical and actually receiving a start date? Thanks in advance

      • Like
    • 53 replies
    • 2.8k views
  3. vitalinstinct
    Started by vitalinstinct,

    Does anyone know if they need a certain amount of references back? As in looking at my previous jobs, they may not get a response from one or two places. Thanks.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 829 views
    vitalinstinct
  4. Blues&Toos
    Started by Blues&Toos,

    Hi all, I have finally passed the interview and have got my medical, fitness and uniform fitting within the next few weeks so quite excited! I was just wondering if anyone could recommend an area to move to? I actually live about 4 hours away from Worcester so I don't think I could do the commute I feels so strange to be so close to the finishing line now!! The difference between possible and impossible is yourself.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 538 views
    vitalinstinct
  5. whitegibbs1987
    Started by whitegibbs1987 * ,

    Hi all, I had my medical with Mercia a couple of weeks back and during the medical the doctor stated they wanted more information regarding a short period of anxiety I had a while back, so she has written to my GP for a report from him regarding the Anxiety, re: my eyesight, I was born with a lazy right eye which is pretty useless to be fair, I have vision in it but focusing is difficult, Ive lived with it all my life and I've had no issues at all. My concern now though is the fact my eyesight form has been sent to the Force Medical Examiner to make a decision on my eyes, my left eye is perfect and hits all the standards, but the Doc said to me "this is not a fail but th…

    • 1 reply
    • 443 views
  6. Steve19801546082818
    Started by Steve19801546082818,

    I've just been informed that I've completed all steps and my file has been passed over for final sign off. Once signed I'll be on the March training intake. Realy excited about getting started,hope to see some of you there

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 970 views
  7. Newbie
    Started by Newbie,
  8. Steve19801546082818
    Started by Steve19801546082818,

    I have just received my formal offer. Training starts on 25th March at Wellington and I'll be based at Donnington station once completed. Really excited about starting now. Anybody else on the same training intake?

    • 13 replies
    • 907 views
  9. prim1
    Started by prim1,

    Hi I was hoping people can advise; what facilities are there at Leek Wootton? is there a good gym, are students able to use it? What time does it open and is it well equipped? apologies for all the questions...

    • 1 reply
    • 568 views
    henryblue1982
  10. prim1
    Started by prim1,

    So I have passed everything now (presuming) vetting is okay. I had my fitness last week and that was the last thing for me to complete. Can anyone advise on what the procedure is now?

      • Like
    • 83 replies
    • 3.1k views
  11. Rupert
    Started by Rupert,

    Hi All, I was hoping someone would be able to clarify how West Mercia decides where you will be based? When I first applied the application documents stated that this could be 'anywhere within West Mercia or Warwickshire area'. In reality is this accurate? Or do they base their decision on where you are currently living? Any guidance would be much appreciated.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 621 views
  12. 717e96d8
    Started by 717e96d8,

    Thought I would start a new topic to ask this question since it was touched upon in another thread of mine. I'm just wondering if anyone could shed light on their experiences regarding starting the 16 week training. If you were unable to attend one, two or three sessions (e.g. due to holiday), what did recruitment do? Were you required to attend a whole separate intake? Or were you able to attend the other sessions at a different intake? (e.g. at Wellington rather than Hindlip). Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 535 views
  13. prim1
    Started by prim1,

    Hi All I was hoping someone could advise me. In regards to AFOs, do West Mercia have a specific unit like WMP do? Also what is the process for actually getting in? Do your 2 year probation then apply, what is the fitness test etc... Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 652 views
  14. Dan4272
    Started by Dan4272 * ,

    Has anyone been on the "talking blues" course to join as a regular? If so did you find it useful? Any feedback would be appreciated. Or any suggestions of any other courses to help with the selection process Thank you

    • 2 replies
    • 864 views
  15. timmo1710
    Started by timmo1710,

    After failing my assessment centre last year with Gloucestershire I thought I'm gonna have another go all be it with another force. Went to interview nervous like most people especially as I didn't want to mess it up again. Came away feeling unsure whether I'd done better or not. Had a massive headache with an hour drive home. I gave it my best shot and just had to wait for the results. 8 days after being at the interview I finished work and got in the car to come home but had a gut feeling to check my emails. There was one unread. Yep it was my results, feeling nervous I opened it up. I had passed. Couldn't believe it, all the worry of messing it up again, it all worke…

      • Like
    • 102 replies
    • 4.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.