Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Mercia Police

 
 

Subforums

    • 188 posts
    PCW
    PCW +,
  1. dave64
    Started by dave64,

    hi all on here I'm due a police specials telephone interview. I was wondering as anybody had it yet and what was it like thank's dave

    • 4 replies
    • 561 views
  2. ShaunH101
    Started by ShaunH101 * ,

    Good evening all! I'll soon be having my telephone interview, extremely nervous does not come close to covering how I'm feeling about it! Does anyone have any tips on how I can prepare for it? I'm reading books and a few different bits online, so I'll hopefully feel a little more confident when the time comes. Any advise welcome, thanks :-) Shaun.

    • 2 replies
    • 564 views
  3. Charlie87
    Started by Charlie87,

    Hi I have recently started to apply for the specials. I was wondering if anyone had had the experience of the telephone interview stage? What should I expect? How is best to prepare? This is following the new process. Thank you in advance.

      • Like
    • 85 replies
    • 3.4k views
  4. kibster891546082850
    Started by kibster891546082850,

    Hi All, I'm still waiting on a date for the assessment centre. Just wondering if anyone else in herefordshire area are going through the process. I'm live in ledbury if anyone else is close by.

    • 8 replies
    • 585 views
  5. Thomas_H
    Started by Thomas_H,

    Hi all, I have just started as a Special with the Avon and Somerset Constabulary, and while going through the training over the last 5 months, it has become apparent that I may need to move back nearer to my family over the next year. This would mean moving to the Hereford area which is covered by West Mercia Constabulary. As such I have a few questions for any West Mercia specials... -How should I approach West Mercia with regards to transferring once I know that I need to? -Has anyone here been through the transfer process? -What is it like to work for West Mercia? I do not know a lot about the Force, and I would be interested in any insights you could give into h…

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 451 views
  6. dave64
    Started by dave64,

    I wood like to say a big hello to all I have recently started the process of becoming a police special. I'm up to the point were the next step is the situational jubgement test. I have dyslexia and struggle with numbers i'm really worried about the numeracy test.can some help or advice on this. It is something I always wanted to do but my disabillties have always held me back until now. thanks dave

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 484 views
  7. Ben_Perry
    Started by Ben_Perry,

    I'm aware that there's a few people from here that will be attending the AC on Saturday, myself included. I thought this may be useful to see who is going so we know who to expect when we get there so it won't be all strangers if that makes sense, maybe a brief introduction about yourself, what you expect and if you're feeling nervous etc? Starting with myself, I'm Ben and I'm 21 from Bromsgrove. I'm starting to feel a bit nervous if I'm honest but I'm also very excited about what could possibly be a new 'adventure', so to speak! Ps, don't forget to bring a pen with you just in case!

    • 8 replies
    • 722 views
  8. dave64
    Started by dave64,

    hi all I did my situational judgement test today so I was wondering how long it takes to here back if you past or not thank's dave

    • 0 replies
    • 266 views
  9. readysteady
    Started by readysteady,

    For those starting tomorrow with me for PC training, good luck!

    • 6 replies
    • 965 views
  10. danno86
    Started by danno86,

    Just been given a date for fitness test 26/10/15 things are moving quickly. Can someone tell me what happens on the day plus got to try and book day off that should be interesting

      • Like
    • 72 replies
    • 2.1k views
    charlottegoode93
  11. charlottegoode93
    Started by charlottegoode93,

    just wondering what you get issued with once you get your uniform, i know some forces dont get boots do we ?

    • 4 replies
    • 657 views
  12. st4783
    Started by st4783,

    Hello. Just a quick question about the online vetting to see where everyone else is. I had my medical on the 20th of July and still haven't received the online vetting form. Anyone else in the same situation. Thanks

  13. Techie1
    Started by Techie1 +,
  14. danno86
    Started by danno86,

    So happy today just been told I've cleared vetting so suppose I just wait for start date

    • 18 replies
    • 887 views
  15. danno86
    Started by danno86,

    Hi just had new dates through for specials training starting march 16. There is one date in june where i have a wedding invite will this cause much of a problem with training or will i be put on next available training date.

    • 5 replies
    • 567 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.