Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Mercia Police

 
 

Subforums

    • 188 posts
    PCW
    PCW +,
  1. Blues&Toos
    Started by Blues&Toos,

    Hi all, I have got my interview coming up and was wondering if you could give some advice etc? I have done an interview for another force but was given a start date that was just too far away so I transferred. Will the interview be very similar to other forces? What were the interviewers like? Anything would be nice! Thanks.

    • 25 replies
    • 1.8k views
  2. Becca91
    Started by Becca91 * ,

    Hi Guys, I have passed my AC with West Mercia Police recently and have a local interview coming up within the week. I was just wondering if anybody else was in a similar position at the moment, or if anybody could give me any advice on what to expect. (I realise people who have gone through the interview process cannot give specific details) but any general advice on what to expect would be great. Thanks in advance,

    • 0 replies
    • 541 views
  3. prim1
    Started by prim1,

    Hey all. So all I am waiting on now is the physical test and of course the vetting to return. Can someone explain exactly what the physical consists of, how long it lasts etc. Is it push pull test then the 5.4 bleep test? Thanks in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 474 views
  4. prim1
    Started by prim1,

    Hey. Was hoping someone could clarify the definite starting wage for student officers for 2015. I heard that you get a premium rate if you have been a special however, after reading WM website it declares that new starters will all start on £21,999. Anyone know for sure what the start is?

    • 1 reply
    • 784 views
  5. NHSworrier
    Started by NHSworrier,

    I have my fitness test coming up and just wondered if you keep on running until you reach your capacity or do they stop you on the required bleep test level? 5.3 is it? thanks for any help

    • 5 replies
    • 453 views
    Logical1546082824
  6. tpotter457
    Started by tpotter457 * ,

    I'm new to these forums, apologies if this is in the wrong place! I've just applied to be a police constable with the West Mercia force. Its still very early days, my application has just been received. I was wondering why this particular recruitment drive is so quiet, is this intake small because they recruited earlier this year? Anyone else applying as a regular in West Mercia?

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. prim1
    Started by prim1,

    So I was hoping for people's point of view; with public confidence in the police down in certain areas, what can we do as individual officers to increase their confidence?

    • 0 replies
    • 497 views
  8. CD15
    Started by CD15,

    What's the medical process in West Mercia? I see people talking about several different stages of medical, such as forms filled out by you/dr, pre med, full medical. What are the different stages? Whats a pre medical?

    • 0 replies
    • 576 views
  9. CD15
    Started by CD15,

    I've finally sent off my application form, took me ages to fill out. I've been meaning to do it for years though. Quite nervous now.

    • 14 replies
    • 969 views
  10. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    Hi guys I was just wondering if anyone else has suffered the same problem as me. Basicaly when I left school you didn't need any formal qualifications to join the police. Unfortunatly school was not my strongest point in life and I came away with D and E grade GCSE'S so I went to collage and done a public service course just to help myself get ahead and then went out and got a load of life experience as there was no recruitment for 8 years now recruitment is going crazy I can't apply for anything as I haven't got the A levels or level 3 qualifications. I can't afford to go back to collage. I wondered if anyone else was in the same boat? I'm just coming to the end of my tr…

    • 3 replies
    • 620 views
  11. TallyHo
    Started by TallyHo,

    Has anyone here applied, or know anyone who has applied to the Temporary Staff Register the West Mercia Police offer? (http://www.westmercia.police.uk/recruitment/latest-police-staff-vacancies/temporary-staff-register.html) The reason I ask is because I am thinking about applying for it myself to get some first hand experience with working with the Police whilst I wait for my Police Officer application to eventually be successful. Any thoughts or advice are welcome! Many thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 586 views
  12. David
    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  13. TheCu
    Started by TheCu,

    In regards to the interview, when they ask you a question which revolves around, say, working with others, are they looking for evidence which only comes under this competency, or do they give you points if you show evidence for other competencies as well? For instance, asked for some teamwork example. So that obviously comes underneath working with others. But if I also add in evidence which is based on openness to change, then would I score for both competencies? I'm assuming yes... Oh and apologies if it is a silly question in any manner :new_sweat:

    • 4 replies
    • 462 views
  14. Becky_1234
    Started by Becky_1234,

    Hi all, I posted a preliminary application form to west Mercia around 4 weeks ago now but heard nothing back at all. I've given them a quick email today so awaiting to hear back from tomorrow onwards presumably but has anybody else had this recently? Thanks, becky This is for specials by the way

    • 12 replies
    • 855 views
  15. 11rich11

    Right, before a mod moves this to a recruitment thread I just have two questions; 1.How long does the recruitment process take post 2014, from application to the start of training within West Mercia Police?. 2.How long does it take from application to A/C within West Mercia Police. I know there's a waiting list within my force for up to two years so I was just wondering are West Mercia quick? Kind Regards Rich.

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 2.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.