Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Mercia Police

 
 

Subforums

    • 188 posts
    PCW
    PCW +,
  1. Criminologist
    Started by Criminologist * ,

    Had my AC today, thought it went ok.Hopefully I have passed. Just curious, as reading some posts from last year and it seems there was a massive wait between the AC and the pre-med to fitness test. Why is this? Does vetting checks really take that long, or did they hold the application process.

    • 3 replies
    • 578 views
  2. Cali
    Started by Cali,

    I am currently going through the process of buying a house, its at the solicitor stage so not actually affecting my financial position as of yet. Will I need to inform vetting/HR of this as I am sure I have read somewhere if theres any change to my financial position to let them know? Or shall I wait until I finally move in and have the mortgage in action? Not sure if anyone has been in a similar position or knows the answer but any light would be great thanks!

    • 2 replies
    • 482 views
  3. PCW
    Started by PCW +,

    For info: http://www.specialswanted.co.uk/ West Mercia Police have started a recruitment drive for special constables

    • 2 replies
    • 700 views
  4. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    Hey all finally moving forward again! Yay!! Got email this morning confirming my date for medical and biometric vetting. Anyone else in same day?

      • Like
    • 103 replies
    • 4.9k views
    Mini Matt1546081572
  5. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    Hey guys I was looking for some info, I'm currently in the process of becoming a special constable for the west Mercia force, I've completed paper sift, assessment centre, fitness test and medical just currently under going vetting. Vetting force rang up earlier and wanted information about why I had 3 defualts on my account, they're from 2009/2010 all paid off but one which is £116 which I said I'll be paying off in February, they said hmmm ok but also wanted to know why I went over on my bank account in December by £50 which I admitted to them by mistake I spent more than my means due to Christmas but have paid it off, has anyone been in this situation and passed or wou…

    • 6 replies
    • 961 views
  6. vinesy
    Started by vinesy,

    How is the training carried out.working varied shifts each week means I cant commit to same days every week. Has any one passed training that could give me rough idea of the training plan.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 637 views
  7. vinesy
    Started by vinesy,

    How is the training carried out.working varied shifts each week means I cant commit to same days every week. Has any one passed training that could give me rough idea of the training plan.

    • 0 replies
    • 363 views
  8. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    I'm interested as I believe they're could be some very good stories to this. What made you decide to become a police officer/special constable? For me I was bullied most of my child hood life and saw a lot of bad things happen to people. Seeing police do what they do really Inspired me as a child and now as a adult. I would love to help the community and help protect the vunrable and people that need it. - special constable candidate

    • 2 replies
    • 536 views
  9. Antonio_x
    Started by Antonio_x,

    Hi All, Does anybody know the time frame in which West Mercia contact you regarding the full specials application form after the preliminary form is sent in? Thanks

    • 27 replies
    • 2k views
  10. Door_Badger
    Started by Door_Badger,

    Hi all! After being a full time home carer for the last few years, I have decided to apply as a Special Constable, getting fit from fat (lost 7kg already!) and am currently filling out application form for Special Constabulary (Hopefully Shropshire area if anyone is interested!) Quick question - I am currently filling in competency questions (wont go into too much detail...). Am using an example from when I was acting as a door supervisor, and in the example I get a colleague to assist me as it makes more sense to partner up if possible. Would this example be classed as a bad one as I'm using "we" in places? Or will it count in my favour as I am instructing colleagues t…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
    MikeAlphaRomeoTango
  11. johnston93
    Started by johnston93,

    Hi Im currently in the process of joining the specials and was just wondering out of curiosity what the best brand/range of patrol boots are most suitable for performing duties? Any ideas anyone? Cheers

    • 10 replies
    • 978 views
  12. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    Do you have to be a special for two years before you can become a regular through internal recruitment?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 917 views
  13. vinesy
    Started by vinesy,

    Has anyone from the ac day in oct had dates back for fitness tests etc. I passed the ac day and just waiting for dates.

    • 4 replies
    • 832 views
  14. Gdot
    Started by Gdot,

    Hi, dont suppose there are any students on this course from this forum? im currently debating whether to put this course down as my first or second option, ive been told that if you study on this degree you only have to pass medical and vetting to become a special constable with the chosen police force? anybody know if its true?

    • 5 replies
    • 827 views
  15. PCW
    Started by PCW +,

    So i thought i'd start this topic just to find out where exactly everyone is at the moment (as in are you a special/reg/applying?) just for West Mercia so we know what stage each other is at, and if you want to let people know your rough location e.g. South Worcester / North Worcester / Telford & Wrekin / Shropshire / Hereford. Also just how you're finding being a special in West Mercia in general

    • 0 replies
    • 836 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.