Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Mercia Police

 
 

Subforums

    • 188 posts
    PCW
    PCW +,
  1. vinesy
    Started by vinesy,

    So I've had my uniform fitting today and received training dates all exciting times now . Is a kit bag vital and if so which ones are the best ones?

    • 6 replies
    • 645 views
  2. vinesy
    Started by vinesy,

    All moving along now:)

    • 1 reply
    • 599 views
    MikeAlphaRomeoTango
  3. vinesy
    Started by vinesy,

    All moving along now:)

    • 0 replies
    • 388 views
  4. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    Hey finally had the good news that's I've passed vetting and will start training in July!! Wahoo!, wondering if anyone else was in going to July intake?

      • Like
    • 60 replies
    • 1.9k views
  5. TheCu
    Started by TheCu,

    Hi all, made an account here some time ago but I think it's time to start applying now that I have a chance. For references, the application form states I need to know 2 people outside of employment which can do this. Being 19 years old, it just seems quite difficult to find people in a professional sense who I've known for 3 years. I have current volunteering roles but all supervisors I only know for about a year and a half. I can only think of one definite and that is one of my school teachers who is the director of the school. Another one, and the ONLY other one, is my martial arts instructor. Is it okay to get a reference from both of these? Also, does it matter…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 548 views
  6. vinesy
    Started by vinesy,

    I'm at the vetting stage now and have been for just over 2 months. My referees have received reference requests yesterday, is this a sign that my vetting is close to being complete? I just want to start training now aha

    • 3 replies
    • 549 views
  7. Cali
    Started by Cali,

    Finally had a call today to say I have been accepted and will start training next month near the end of april but all information will be in the post! So excited! thanks to all for support and information along the long journey!

      • Like
    • 46 replies
    • 1.8k views
  8. johnston93
    Started by johnston93,

    Just wondering if anyone is on the May intake for specials?

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 745 views
  9. Joker1546081795
    Started by Joker1546081795 +,

    Hi All, As West Mercia have quite a number of different vehicles, I thought it may be useful to those serving specials and regulars to keep up to date with the latest of the forces motors. Perhaps it will also give the future applicants an insight of what is to be expected here, as I have seen the question pop up numerous times. I'll start with my personal favourite

      • Like
    • 41 replies
    • 3.7k views
  10. Cali
    Started by Cali,

    I start training in 2 weeks time, but today I am almost definately sure a speed camera from a van got me. I was over taking on a dual carriage way and the van was at the end. I know I should have been aware of the speed limit etc but my question is.. is this something that would get me kicked out of training? I know you cant answer on behalf but I didnt know if anyone has seen this situation before? Any light would be great, Thanks

    • 15 replies
    • 685 views
  11. Cali
    Started by Cali,

    I know there are a few topics in main area about boots but I wanted it to be specific to west mercia because I didnt know whether WM allowed steel toe or not? Thanks

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. Cali
    Started by Cali,

    I believe training starts in April, so what would be the latest at which they contact us to let us know if we have made the cut so to speak? Couple of Weeks? Days? Anyone know if there's a set cut off? Also does anyone know when training will commence if on schedule? Thanks

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    I was just wondering what is the scariest thing you encountered on duty?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 989 views
  14. vinesy
    Started by vinesy,

    Had an email to say my fitness test is this friday at 11 am then have pre medical and vetting 4th april. Things are defo picking up pace now. Cant wait for training

    • 20 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. Criminologist
    Started by Criminologist * ,

    Hi, I have my pirt in February. However, I am curious about training. Im currently at university and have part time work. The training is unlikely to clash with university, but I work tuesday mornings 7-2 and Saturday 7-4. How flexible are west mercia with training dates? Thanks in advance.

    • 6 replies
    • 870 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.