West Mercia Police
Subforums
364 topics in this forum
-
-
Hey I was just wondering what dates the training will be on...the one starting in july at Hindlip. Does anybody know them? Thanks
-
Hello everyone, I recently sent my application off to West Mercia for the Specials and have had a letter back saying I'm on a waiting list for the assessment centre. Has anyone else had a letter like this?? Does anyone know what the assessment centre involves and also what the fitness test is these days. It seems every thread I read says something different ? Thank you so much for your time Laura
-
Hi All, I have been invited to the assessment centre for West Mercia this month. I have had all the details back of what to expect i.e. Situational judgement test, Interview, written test. On the situational judgement test, I have had a look at a practice one and I see that you have to pick the most and least effective answers for each. Sometimes there are 2 possible least effective possible answers. I presume you are still to only pick the best 1 option and least effective 1 option. I don't want to make any stupid mistakes :D Also any general advice for what the days like and what to expect? I am very excited but obviously nervous at the same time. Thanks
-
Hi all I just wondered if anyone had heard when West Mercia may be recruiting again in the future, or have any idea of when it could be?? Thanks!
-
-
- 6 replies
- 1.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I received a letter in early December saying that my checks had been paused because of priorities in other areas of recruitment. Any idea when they're going to resume them? Thanks in advance.
-
Quick question. When you attend domestics in the WM Police area. Are you required to always fill in a DASH form like we do in TVP and other forces? Thanks
-
Hello, I have just sent my application through the post, to become a special in the West Mercia Police. I was just wondering if the fitness test is now in, and if so, what does it consit of? I wouldn't call myself unfit, but that is the bit I do worry about sometimes.Thank you :D
-
Hey guys, I expect some of you know me, but for those that don't- I'm currently at Keele uni and I'm realy interested in joining the specials. Staffs aren't recruiting, and i'm looking at close forces. Could you give me some general information about West Mercia please? Things like uniform, PPE (I notice old-school side handles), training, common duties, treatment of specials etc, as well as 'decent' stations to look for (city centres/busy towns, maybe?) Thanks in advance.
-
Hi there! Previously I have applied for Dyfed Powys police and managed to fail the vetting. After weeks of trying to get answers out of the recruitment team I was advised to try another force. I put the vetting down to my father which was discussed in this topic. Think I would stand a chance with West Mercia? I know there's no harm in trying anyway that's why I am sending off the application form request today. Also would where I live effect my application to West Mercia as it is 117 miles to the HQ and roughly 72 miles to the nearest station in West Mercia. To me, distance doesn't matter I'm willing to do most things for a chance to become a special. Any feedback woul…
-
I am currently going through vetting. Should I deactivate my Facebook account. I have nothing to hide personally but I don't know the history of all 400 of my online friends and and am concerned it may compromise my application. I'm not even sure if the vetting team look at Facebook. I would welcome any advice please...
-
Well ive missed the September north training and now got to wait until April next year :(It feels so far away!!! I started the process December 2010, least ive got a date to look forward to now
-
I've finally made it, after much waiting, i cleared the stages, I'm having my uniform fitted tomorrow and my training starts with the induction on the 20th of october also i'm back on PS.com after a long period of problems with my internet yay hope you are all well PCW
-
Afternoon/Evening to you all I have just joined this site as I am due to start my special training on the 25th of November after a long period of vetting/interviews/tests etc. Looking forward to the training but also getting out there. The reason for this thread, is for a bit of advice (if possible). First of all, My background is in Forensic, having studied for a degree and masters in the subject but due to the cuts and problems I am struggling to find a force or position to apply these skills (One day hopefully I will make it as a full time SOCO tho lol). I have recently completed 12 or so months in West Midlands Police as a vounteer within the forensic departments a…
-
Hi all , Have recently recieved my application pack through the post , the only thing is that it does not mention a PIRT test , I understand that it has been incorperated into the assessment day but does this mean i will still be sitting a written maths test etc ? Just so i can prepare myself Many Thanks RyanF