Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Mercia Police

 
 

Subforums

    • 188 posts
    PCW
    PCW +,
  1. Andy23
    Started by Andy23,

    Hi Everyone I've got all the application forms filled in ready to be sent back. Just need a bit of info regarding training. I know it's over 14 weeks, but is there any idea how many weekends and how many evenings it is split into? Just need to know so I can sort it all out with work, as I do work several weekends. Cheers Andy

    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
  2. cheshireguy2001
    Started by cheshireguy2001,

    Dear All Found out today eventually passed everything, starting my induction 18th August, training starts 7th September. Can't wait - Been a long time coming Anyone else on the course?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 2.2k views
  3. lumpyone
    Started by lumpyone,

    Hi all can anyone tell me if Special Constables will be part of the Policing for this. Thanks lumpy

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Vampyre1546080996
  4. dan4300
    Started by dan4300,

    I am currently a special in the north west of F div ( guess where ? ) but due to moving to the Telford area i'm thinking of transferring to Bridgnorth as it's still on F div. Just wondering if anyone works there and how do the specials work, double crewed with regs or do the specials all work together ? Thanks, Dan

    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
  5. Jonno
    Started by Jonno,

    You guessed it........I'm in! :-) Received letter today saying that I've been allocated a place and that the recruitment process has been completed. I can't believe I've accomplished so much before even starting. Anyone else ??

    • 29 replies
    • 5k views
  6. Jonno
    Started by Jonno,

    I noticed the "Boots " thread in kit corner that some forces prefer all leather boots, rather than ones with nylon panels. Is this the same with West Mercia? Also do any of you seasoned officers have any boot recomendations? Many thanks Jon

    • 4 replies
    • 2k views
  7. sean_westmidsbobby
    Started by sean_westmidsbobby,

    Hello all, I'm a regular currently serving in West Mids, with 5 years service. I'm asking for anyone who works Worcs Regulars or Specials to give me an insight into West Mercia as a Force and South Worcs as a division. The type of questions I;m asking is Procedures, number of shifts/parade stations etc and the pros and cons of working South Worcs and West Mercia. Regards Sean

    • 4 replies
    • 2.3k views
    sean_westmidsbobby
  8. KiftyGTI6
    Started by KiftyGTI6,

    I have now completed Specials recruitment, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey However, on the down side July is full So looks like we will all be on the November course together, who ever is succesful. Good luck to all. Kifty

    • 22 replies
    • 3.3k views
    northernbobby
  9. KiftyGTI6
    Started by KiftyGTI6,

    Hi there, I start training at the end of July, and live in Cardiff. Does anyone work in Ross-On-Wye or Hereford Central, and can give me some information on what it is like to Police there? I have currently chosen Hereford Central however, there is a good 10 miles difference between Hereford Central and Ross-On-Wye, so I may decide on Ross-On-Wye to shorten my journey time. Thanks in advance. Kifty

    • 4 replies
    • 1.9k views
    northernbobby
  10. PCW
    Started by PCW +,

    Hi, does anyone know roughly how long it takes to hear something back after further information has been requested i.e. i'm asthmatic and i have been referred to someone else who needed further information. Of course it was sent back as soon as possible, but i was just wondering how long it might delay my application any ideas would be greatful PCW

    • 2 replies
    • 1.8k views
  11. wmpolicespecial
    Started by wmpolicespecial,

    Hi All! I have just had an application form through for West Mercia, looking forward to applying. I have received an application form booklet and seperate candidate registration form, which both include the race and diversity questionnaire part! I have noticed the competency questions only have short spaces with no continuation pages.. is this to say keep your answers short and detailed? Has anyone got any advice of where to be based? It does not matter to me, as I dont mind travelling and dont live within the force area. I'd be looking to do more than 4 hours a week if I was successful I think. Thanks in advance.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 2.4k views
  12. Jonno
    Started by Jonno,

    Been to HQ for my uniform fitting today :-) and as people are always asking what kit we get, I thought that I would update you with the latest. 2 trousers 2 White shirts ( short or long sleeve) 1 tie 1 fleece jacket 1 hi viz waterproof jacket 1 hi viz lightweight 2 black shirts ( long or short sleeve) 1 body armour 1 custodian 1 pair gloves 1 leather belt 1 utility belt 1 handcuff holder 1 torch holder 1 torch 1 hi viz tac vest Get your own boots - boot allowance Was told that this is issued on first day of training provided you go for measure up asap before pre induction. Hope this helps.

    • 30 replies
    • 4.8k views
  13. PCW
    Started by PCW +,

    hey does anyone know if specials can become motorcycle police??

    • 10 replies
    • 3k views
  14. northernbobby

    As per the title really!! I attended the PIRT test event at Hindlip on the 2nd of Feb and met some really nice people, unfortunately I didn't swap details with any so am not sure how they are getting on. I thought I may find some people on here who had attended that day? My Process so far: PIRT 2nd Feb - PASSED Interview 4th March - PASSED Medical and eye tests - Forms sent back for approval Vetting - In Progress

    • 39 replies
    • 4.8k views
  15. Dom11
    Started by Dom11,

    Sorry if it has been mentioned previously but couldn't find anything on it. Do West Mercia issue personal radios and earpieces, or is it 'pool jobs' ? Also are stab vests personal issue? Thank you to anyone who can help! Dom

    • 24 replies
    • 4.8k views
    ChrisNewmanUK

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.