Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Mercia Police

 
 

Subforums

    • 188 posts
    PCW
    PCW +,
  1. KiftyGTI6
    Started by KiftyGTI6,

    At what stage are references taken? Mine have not been taken yet. Surely it's last however, can someone clarify? Thanks Kifty

    • 20 replies
    • 3.2k views
  2. gemz100
    Started by gemz100,

    Assessment over now the long wait starts for the results . I wont hold my breath, not feeling very confident that ive passed

    • 33 replies
    • 4.6k views
  3. tangowhiskey
    Started by tangowhiskey +,

    Might be previously discussed, might be blatantly obvious to some but....... why does CMC have the call sign of YK? .......and what does it abbreviate? TW

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 2.3k views
    HarryB1546080987
  4. Hooch
    Started by Hooch,

    Has anyone had conformation that they are on the april to August training program starting with the pre-induction up to the13th April then course week1 starting on 11 may?

    • 4 replies
    • 2.3k views
  5. Duffman
    Started by Duffman,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12674285 The number of people killed in road accidents across Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Shropshire is the lowest since 1996. According to West Mercia Police and the Safer Roads Partnership, 47 people were killed in 2010 compared to an average of 97 between 1994 and 1998. Supt Matt Mead of the West Mercia force said the figures were "encouraging". However, he added that there was still "more work to be done" and road safety would continue to be a priority. Vicki Bristow, from the Safer Roads Partnership, added: "It's encouraging that the number of people killed and seriously injured on our roads continues to fall. However, …

    • 2 replies
    • 2.2k views
  6. RyanDavis
    Started by RyanDavis * ,

    Hi West Mercia Specials, I've noticed the West Mercia topic area is somewhat under-represented on the PoliceSpecials (Especially with comparisson to the BTP's topic area!) I was wondering whether anyone on here will be attending the Specials Training which commences this March, and concludes in early July? If so, I look forward to hearing back from you! Regards, PolicingStudent

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 3.4k views
    cheshireguy2001
  7. cheshireguy2001
    Started by cheshireguy2001,

    Hello Been a member of this forum for ages but not had reason to post yet. Just been informed I have been chosen for 1st stage selection down at Hindlip on 2nd April. Anyone got any tips, tricks or attending selection. Would love to hear from you

    • 4 replies
    • 2.7k views
    Iceman_gooner1545925618
  8. 288
    Started by 288,

    I have submitted my application form, what will be the next stage if I am successful? I thought the next stage would be the PIR tests, but it seems on a form WMP have sent me it is Competency based questions assessment. Could anyone tell me what this is? Is it them assessing my questions on the application form or something different that I have to do? I am confused now as I thought the PIRT was next? Thanks Neil

    • 31 replies
    • 4.5k views
    cheshireguy2001
  9. Becky_1234
    Started by Becky_1234,

    Hi, How long does it normally take to hear back from recruitment about a PIRT?? I posted my application in the middle of January and I know they have recieved it as they got intouch with me about something they needed to know, I noticed in another thread that they are changing from PIRT to a proper assesment centre, could this be why I haven't heard anything yet?? Cheers, Becky xx

    • 14 replies
    • 2.8k views
  10. gemz100
    Started by gemz100,

    Hi Is anyone going to the Assessment Centre Hindlip in March from the Telford area????

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 2.2k views
  11. KiftyGTI6
    Started by KiftyGTI6,

    Hello everyone, this is my first post on here. I am one of the people who has passed for the Regulars however, been on hold due to buget constraints. I then decided to apply for the Specials in January, and had my interview yesterday which I passed. Very Happy. If vetting goes well will be based in Hereford. Kifty P.S good luck to everyone else who is going through specials recruitment with West Mercia

    • 4 replies
    • 2k views
  12. Stinger
    Started by Stinger,

    Is anybody else here starting training at the end of March, at Hindlip?

    • 2 replies
    • 2.1k views
  13. 288
    Started by 288,

    Hello, Just filling out my application form and coming to the end of the form it asked what division/station. I am assuming the divisions are Herefordshire, South Worcestershire, North Worcestershire, Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin? So would I put North Worcestershire, Kidderminster Police station for the that? Would Worcester have more opportunities due to size? Cheers

    • 7 replies
    • 2.8k views
  14. 288
    Started by 288,

    Hello, I am currently in the process of applying for a Special for WMP. I have the application form which I have been thinking about this week and I will fill in tomorrow. I have heard of people sitting in on shifts before becoming a reg/special. Is this possible with West Mercia Police? How would I go about arranging an observation? Phone them and ask? Thanks Neil

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 3.1k views
  15. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    Hi Does anybody know when West Mercia Police will be recruiting Police officers and PCSO's ? Also when was the last time they recruited ?? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 2.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.