Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. bekka2325
    Started by bekka2325,

    Hi, I'm aware there is another query on Merseyside's recruitment but I can't comment as it's showing as locked. Is anyone still waiting for news from the most recent recruitment? I've got a really horrible feeling that it's going to bad news as others have interviews already and mines still 'shortlisting'. The only communication I've had was the week after recruitment closed they requested pics of a small tattoo which I sent and I know is fine as it has been before. Just wondered if anyone else was still shortlisting and waiting for news or any opinions on this would be helpful. Don't think I could put myself through this process again if it fails, devastating every…

    Jaydee1546620346
  2. Sneddon25
    Started by Sneddon25,

    Firstly I'd just like to wish everyone a happy and safe new year. Now that's out of the way i can get to the point. I've got my interview coming up in January to hopefully become a special constable. Does anybody know if they tell you If you've passed the interview there and then or will I receive the decision via an email?. I've been revising non stop between Christmas and new year so I'm hoping it's paid off. Any help would be appreciated!

  3. NotAScouser
    Started by NotAScouser,

    Hello All, Got my application in for the Specials and got through the initial sift and have been asked to attend the PIR Test, however, I didn't attend any recruitment evening and when I last looked a month or two ago you had to go to a recruitment evening to be sent the link for the application form, has this changed? Or have I somehow slipped through? Any answers would be appreciated, don't want to get to the PIRT and be told there's no point because I haven't done the recruitment evening.

  4. Sneddon25
    Started by Sneddon25,

    Good morning everybody. Firstly I'd like to wish everyone on here a Merry Christmas! I hope everybody got what they wanted of Santa. I've got my interview coming up in January to become a special. Passed my PIRT now down to the serious stuff. Can anybody give me any advice/Prep for it please?. I've done plenty of research on the forces website but I'm not sure what else I need to research. I'm going to email recruitment next week for some help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Mossy1546620142
    Started by Mossy1546620142,

    Hey folks, Is anyone confirmed for this intake with MerPol?

  6. andymcl74
    Started by andymcl74,

    Hi guys! New to the forum, just a quick post. Just about to send off my application to Merseyside Police for the current specials intake (September/October) Anyone else in the same boat?

  7. SZ2
    Started by SZ2,

    To clear up any confusion on the Merseyside Police forum about the format of the Police Initial Recruitment Test (PIRT) I have collated the following for members using information gathered by posters in various topics already posted within this forum. Information given is believed to be correct at time of post - updates/corrections to be made if and when changes take place. What is the PIRT? The assessment consists of four tests: Basic English - word substitutions and spellings (examples: where/were/we're, they're/their/there, too/to) Basic Maths - Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ratios, percentages. Verbal Reasoning - Reading a passage and demon…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 3.7k views
  8. moo123
    Started by moo123,

    Hi, Is anyone else starting in Merseyside on 30th August?

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 594 views
    Mossy1546620142
  9. Sir Penguin

    http://www.merseyside.police.uk/join-us/police-constable-recruitment/

  10. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,

    I've received my date for my regular final interview for Merseyside police. Probably the hardest stage and the nerves are already kicking in! Would be good to know if anybody else is going through the process and have interviews or if anybody who has previously been through the process can offer any useful tips or advice.

  11. MikeB90
    Started by MikeB90,

    Hi all, I just noticed that Merseyside are opening up for regular recruitment. Just thought I'd share the news for those who didn't already know. http://www.merseyside.police.uk/join-us/police-constable-recruitment/ Mike Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. Sir Penguin

    So it has been announced that Andy Cooke will take over as Chief Constable when John Murphy retires in a few months time. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-35836299

  13. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,

    Can specials be attached to any specific departments like Traffic? Also, I'm aware that the force have been thinking about allowing specials to drive. Are there any serving specials who have been trained to drive?

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 3.2k views
  14. Sir Penguin

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-35302617

  15. Sir Penguin

    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/merseyside-police-force-not-lose-10618711 Things are finally looking up.. for the time being!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.