Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. SZ2
    Started by SZ2,

    Wondering if there is anyone else on the Merseyside forum who has just passed the regular interview stage? Got my fitness and DNA testing dates through now and wouldn't mind speaking to others in same position think the next two weeks are going to have to be spent sweating it out and working hard considering my month long hiatus from any full on workouts!

      • Like
    • 166 replies
    • 11.3k views
  2. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Apparently Merseyside received 3 of these in December. They look like a great piece of kit. First person to get a picture with one wins a prize

      • Like
    • 57 replies
    • 6.1k views
  3. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,

    Earlier I received comments on behalf of the vetting department which advised 'the candidate' to check the security settings on any social networking sites. Forgive me for being impatient, but does this mean that there have been no other problems with my vetting and I could receive a final offer soon? I've been on hold for about 6 months so I'm eager to find out my current status if you can imagine :new_hmmm:

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  4. SCK
    Started by SCK +,

    Hi all, I am a new transferee PC to Merpol and looking for a potential flat/ house share. I have moved to Merseyside alone and a share would help to break the monotony whilst not in work. If anyone has anything that may help, or knows someone that does then I would love to hear more... Cheers SCK

    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Unambiguous
    Started by Unambiguous,

    Any ideas when the intake will resume once again? Thanks in advance. Josh

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. J37
    Started by J37,

    Hi all, Just got an email through regarding the specials app. There was a document attached, which requests my sickness absence dates and details for the last 3 years. The document states that no applicant can have more than 24 sick days or no more than 3 occasions - which is it? They seem strange parameters with which to base attendance on, as they're very different circumstances. I'm not sure on my own sickness days; I'm definitely under 24, but I might have exceeded 3 occasions of sickness, as I have suffered a few injuries in my ankle which rendered me unable to get to work. Could anyone advise me on this? Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  7. NathanSP21
    Started by NathanSP21,

    Hello Guys and Ladies, After passing by PIRT last year, then going on to my interview which I duly failed, 6 months later I filled out my application again and I was invited to an interview again. Even more nervous than my last time, some may I was laying a brick weeks before, which in actual fact I was. I revised more and more and more until i knew everything of by heart, even on the train to HQ and whilst I was at HQ I had my notes out until one of the other candidates turned up and we had a good old chat, settled my nerves slightly. THEN I was asked to go upstairs, all the nerves went and I was my normal self again. They arrived again then when i was asked to go thro…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,

    Today my application status changed from 'application under review' (post medical) to 'pre-employment checks.' To anyone who has any knowledge, does this mean that my vetting has only just started or do pre-employment checks consist of checks other than vetting?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 552 views
  9. Murtaugh
    Started by Murtaugh +,

    Hi all, I've been given dates to start in my BCU but they all the dates are after I get attested. Is that correct, or should I have been invited to visit my BCU prior to attestation? Also they're set up as lessons instead of duties - I thought once attested I start doing the job, but supervised.

    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
  10. NathanSP21
    Started by NathanSP21,

    Evening chaps and chapess', I spoke to Shirley earlier in the week via email with regards to my new job and asked how long the pre-employment checks where going to take to be told that the recruitment has been suspended currently. Has anyone heard of or had any of experience of this ever happening before? If so, what where the reasons and how long did it take for the recruitment and recruitment process to begin again? Cheers Nathan

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.6k views
  11. thurdles
    Started by thurdles,

    .

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. NathanSP21
    Started by NathanSP21,

    Hello chaps and chapess', Could someone please advise me what they do at medical for the specials? Does a force doctor go through you like a fine tooth comb like the army do, or do they just question you on your health and then contact your GP to confirm these? Also do the specials have to go through a fitness test for merseyside? Cheers

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. Jon!
    Started by Jon! +,

    External recruitment for regs has opened, for 2014: http://www.merseyside.police.uk/join-us/vacancies.aspx Good luck to those who apply!

      • Like
    • 108 replies
    • 13.9k views
  14. Apple_iPlod
    Started by Apple_iPlod,

    Where is the training taken place for Merseyside Specials? Do you get any funding for transport to and from?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  15. Xander
    Started by Xander,

    I am a Police Officer based in Liverpool. A house share opportunity has arisen with myself and my housemate, also a working professional. The property is a 3-bedroom town house in Liverpool. The double bedroom available is en suite with it’s own private shower. The bedroom and communal areas are all fully furnished. We are two young working professionals who like sport, music and socialising together. We are looking for someone who is clean, tidy and considerate but also easy going. Rent including utility bills, wifi and sky is between £440-460pcm If you are interested please reply on private message.

    • 2 replies
    • 818 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.