Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    Just got my email to tell me I've passed :D I am so happy. I was convinced I'd fail. So so happy.

      • Like
    • 43 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Reg Hollis1546081394
  2. rider900
    Started by rider900,

    Since there is a thread for the August intake, I thought i'd start one for the September intake. Who is going to start their training in September? I've just accepted a place on the course and I can't wait! :D

      • Like
    • 88 replies
    • 3.1k views
  3. SZ2
    Started by SZ2,

    http://www.studentbeans.com/student101/a/travel-02/101-ways-you-know-youre-in-liverpool5284.html Loved this Made me and my mum (a born and bred Scouser) smile today

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 3.3k views
  4. DannyY
    Started by DannyY,

    I have my interview in just over 2 weeks now and I'll be visiting my local station for a chat with a special on tuesday. I'm slightly concerned that my age will play against me in the interview - does being 18 affect my chances of passing the interview or do they not look at age? If you're a serving special do you know of any 18 year old specials/regulars in the force? I'm worried that the interviewers might think along the lines of 'this one's only 18, better to give him time for more experience'. Hopefully not though, as I am preparing a lot! Thanks!

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 2k views
  5. Northern Exile
    Started by Northern Exile,

    Got my provisional training dates through last night wooooooo (pending pre-employment/vetting completion.) Due to start on 14/08. Has anyone else on here been scheduled onto the same training?

      • Like
    • 83 replies
    • 2.9k views
  6. Lee- Lee
    Started by Lee- Lee,

    Has anyone else got their PIRT on the 27th August?

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. holmseyboy11
    Started by holmseyboy11,

    I start my training on 11th september and was just wondering if there are any people on this that are on the same intake as moi

    • 3 replies
    • 626 views
  8. SZ2
    Started by SZ2,

    Hey guys I've been on duty in Liverpool city centre at night over the weekend and it got me thinking... Do you guys enjoy going out in Liverpool city centre if you wanted to go to an event or clubbing? And feel safe doing so? And if that's not really your scene, say your family or friends wanted to meet up late evening in the city centre for a meal/cinema for example, would you feel happy and safe going? If you do feel safe why is that? And if you would avoid certain areas in the city centre why would that be? Thanks

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  9. joep44
    Started by joep44,

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 2.1k views
  10. chris97
    Started by chris97,

    Hey guys, posted this in general disscusion by accident, woops, im just wondering, since im joing police cadets soon, could I wear my duty belt? As a hobby iv collected this duty belt, its got TCH speed cuffs, fast straps, ultra fire flashlight, first aid kit, note book, tiw defence spray and latex gloves, could I wear this in the cadets? Oh and can I wear my magnum cobra 8.0 v1 patrol boot?

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 1.8k views
  11. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    I haven't had training dates through yet but I'm just wondering is the training in the day time or in the evenings and how long for (a day)? It's just that I have a job interview on Tuesday and I will need to tell them that if I get training dates through, when I can and can't work. I know that if I got this job I'd need to inform HR

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. mancuser
    Started by mancuser,

    Has anybody else had the email saying that recruitment is on hold? Just got it now.. Basically Merseyside have put recruitment on hold until further notice.. Downhearted isn't the word. What I can't understand is why this is all of a sudden a problem? Surely when they opened recruitment we were already in the middle of budget problems so they weren't caught off guard with it? Lets hope it gets back on track ASAP. Also, for people who transferred, are they being postponed too? Or is it just those who applied Jan 21st? Lastly, if this turns out to be a protracted process, can you transfer a papersift result? This isn't something I want to do as Merseyside is 1st choice…

  13. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    I have my medical this coming Thursday. I've been wearing smart shirt and black pants for AC and interview. What's the dress code for medical?

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 1.7k views
    operationfirestorm
  14. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    Needing advice on which BCU to try get in if I get in the specials. I'm from the Wirral and was looking to go to Wallasey station but I've noticed posts on the forum advising people not to police in their area. Any advice on this?

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 891 views
  15. joep44
    Started by joep44,

    Have any of use every being called to amateur football trouble? Today yet again refereeing I was nearly attacked if it went for some good people there watching, it's getting worse now and wonder should there be a police presence at grounds as its being discussed in parliament?

    • 2 replies
    • 608 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.