Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. mla
    Started by mla +,

    Dear Merseyside colleagues, You may have noticed on the General Discussion page a posting for the ps.com supported 'Special Constabulary Wiki'. I am wondering, should any of you have a spare moment, whether you can contribute by populating the page for your force? The page can be found here: http://specialconstabulary.wikispot.org/Merseyside_Police Many thanks and look forward to reading about the specials in Merseyside! Matt.

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  2. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    Hello all me again, to the open evening do I need to take anything apart from ID? maybe a note pad and pen? just dont want to be the only guy without one haha. Cheers Mike

    • 3 replies
    • 619 views
    Reg Hollis1546081394
  3. becky_43
    Started by becky_43,

    Just wondering who - if anybody! - is due to start training on the 16th Aug?! I'm excited!

    • 1 reply
    • 463 views
  4. becky_43
    Started by becky_43,

    Just wondering who - if anybody! - is due to start training on the 16th Aug?! I'm excited!

    • 0 replies
    • 402 views
  5. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    Just fishing for possible interview questions. I have been looking into my past life experiences from being in the Royal Air Force Cadets (ATC), being a Range Officer at my local gun club to general retail work dealing with customers nice, some not so nice. Also I've been checking the Merseyside Police web page and focusing in depth to my area. I plan on attending the open evening on the 15th and arranging a station visit. How did you find your interview? I will be honest I am alittle bit aprehensive as you could imagine and I want to do my best. Anyone willing to share their experience? I am greatful to all that can share. Also I've been looking at the 7 core compet…

    • 4 replies
    • 777 views
  6. Reg Hollis1546081394
    Started by Reg Hollis1546081394,

    Hi all, Does anyone know if I can park on-site at Police HQ on the assessment day? Cheers!

    • 15 replies
    • 1k views
    Marinebillie1918
  7. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    Thanks to all that helped me, next stop interview. Thanks Mike

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 585 views
    Marinebillie1918
  8. Dan.S 10
    Started by Dan.S 10,

    Ok, So after hearing back almost immediately, i've been given my assessment day for the 6th which isn't that far away. Just hoping to get some information on what to expect as i've heard they also do the interview the same day. Could anyone tell me what they will be asking me during the interview or what they are wanting to hear from me ? Cheers Dan

    • 8 replies
    • 669 views
    Reg Hollis1546081394
  9. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    Just woundering, I know the Regs for Merseyside is something like 180+ is this the same for the Specials? Just if anyone knows. thanks MIke

    • 4 replies
    • 671 views
    Marinebillie1918
  10. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    Both I will be applying if I pass both PIRT on monday and interview hopefully soon after, can anyone tell me! is it a good station to work from or what kind of work would I expect from either station?

    • 0 replies
    • 594 views
    Marinebillie1918
  11. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    Just how many Specials do they need or have spaces for to take on? Is it however passes passes? or do they have a set number to let in each month? Just enquiring. Thanks Mike

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 798 views
  12. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    Hello there, I am to take the PIRT for the second time at Merseyside Police Headquaters but I cannot fail this time. I was hoping someone/anyone on here could give me help with how they prepared. I know last time I failed completely on the checking information section where, I got the dates mixed up. e.g. 12.1 = january 12 I did it the American way around, can someone tell me it is the UK way lol. 4.3 = March 3 I did them the other way around, I think :/ it was such a long time ago now, nearly nine months. I just dont want to ###### it up this time can anyone help me with prep? I have bought practice questions/book to practice against but, can anyone…

    • 15 replies
    • 824 views
    Marinebillie1918
  13. Reg Hollis1546081394
    Started by Reg Hollis1546081394,

    Hi everyone, I just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm currently 28 and have always wanted to join the Police. I'm currently in the recruitment process for the Special Constabulary. I'll be attending Police HQ in a few weeks for my assessments and if all goes to plan I'll be joining the SC. Ultimately I'm looking to join the regulars and thought joining the SC would put me in a great position when regular recruitment opens. I had intended on joining after university but recruitment wasn't open. I've kept myself busy since then but I really want to start making some headway into the Police which is where I really want to be. Joining the SC seems like a great opportunity, …

    • 6 replies
    • 834 views
    Marinebillie1918
  14. Dan.S 10
    Started by Dan.S 10,

    Hi there everyone, I have just applied to become a special today. I was wondering if anyone could shed a bit of light on my dilemma. When I submitted my application today, they said my application would be reviewed after the application closing date which is March 2013. But after reading some topics on here people have been; contacted within a couple of months after applying. Just wondering what the catch is with this ? Look forward to hearing from someone, Cheers Dan

    • 2 replies
    • 835 views
    The Ex Governor +
  15. Chris1991
    Started by Chris1991,

    Hi all! I'm new here and I've been reading all the posts (new and old). Got my email today confirming I had passed interview stage and I'm now at the vetting / medical stage! :D How long does it take for the vetting process to be complete usually? Many thanks in advance, Chris.

    • 1 reply
    • 761 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.