Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. joep44
    Started by joep44,

    Hi all, I'm currently 18 but look really young would this affect me!

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 2.3k views
  2. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    The Merseyside PCC website http://www.merseysidepcc.info/Home.aspx has several interesting links: 1> http://www.merseysidepcc.info/Document-Library/Transparency/Expenditure-over-500---July-to-Sept-2012.pdf a breakdown of the MPA's spending over £500. Quite a few of those payments raise an eyebrow to me and my costcutting scythe. 2> http://www.merseysidepcc.info/Document-Library/Transparency/PCC-Travel-and-Subsistence-Information.pdf Expenses policy - seems fair but we will see fi it is abused. 3> http://www.merseysidepcc.info/Document-Library/Transparency/Police-and-Crime-Commissioner-Salary-Information.pdf Notofication of a salary for the PCC of £85,000 4&g…

    • 0 replies
    • 752 views
  3. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Anybody shed any 'general' light on what the Force Interview for the regs is about? Not the one at Assessment Centre, the one after that?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. Leisurepirate
    Started by Leisurepirate,

    Hi folks, Anybody else due to start next week? Really excited, been a long wait since applying in August,

    • 4 replies
    • 915 views
  5. Soapyw
    Started by Soapyw,

    I was in Liverpool on a stag do this weekend, I think nearly every bobby I saw on Friday night was a special! Surprised you still have sc on the epaulettes, thought most forces had got rid of that. Nice to see so many turned out looking after things, there was a good vibe going on, so I wanted to leave some positive feedback. Spoke to one friendly sc insp who quickly worked out we were after a gentlemans club and gave us directions, thank you that man!

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 979 views
  6. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Was very surprised to see no thread had been started on the internal recruitment drive! I'm on a Reserve List for December A/C and I am nervous. I never get nervous!

    • 10 replies
    • 1.8k views
  7. Shaunliverpool
    Started by Shaunliverpool,

    So I finally took the plunge and contacted the recruitment guys (well, lady) about my Erasmus year, to be told all is good, and so I start my application, annoyed I wasted so much time assuming that I couldn't apply. The only thing is is that now I find out my job might not be here from next September. There are a number of other jobs but they're all quite some distance from Merseyside, and I'd have to be applying for them now. I don't want to waste recruitments time, but at the same time I don't want to not apply and prolong it all again just in case I end up down south. I'd really appreciate any input.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 679 views
  8. lpoolalan1546081127
    Started by lpoolalan1546081127,

    Good evening I am in the early stages of applying to become a special on Merseyside. I have been trying to do some homework in the role of a special but it seems to differ massively force to force and even person to person. It seems specials on Merseyside spend most of their time doing community policing, i assume this is mostly on foot dealing with antisocial behavior ect. I am looking if i get in to be based in St Helens. If anyone can give me a bit of a rundown on the roll they do i would be very great full. I understand you cannot give every detail Thanks in advance for your replys and i hope to meet some of you if i get in..

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.3k views
    lpoolalan1546081127
  9. Lockhart
    Started by Lockhart,

    I'm now in year 10 at school, so this school year I'll be doing work experience. I've heard you can get experience at a police station, so I thought I would try and give it a shot seen as I was to join Merseyside Police when I'm old enough. Now I'm just wondering, if I get to have the opportunity to do it, what would I do there? Also can someone confirm that they actually take on people for work experience.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 7.6k views
  10. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    Hello fellow Merseyside SC'S, I am due to undergo training for Merseyside police in St. Helens. Is there anyone willing to lift share with a stranger haha I am able to get to pick up pionts and I am located in Knowsly but, can get most places. Just if anyone can, I will of course help with petrol money Anyone who would be good enough, just PM me and I'll send you my number. I would be very greatful. Mike

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. LauraAM
    Started by LauraAM,

    Got my email from Shirley about passing my pirt earlier this week which says there isn't any interviews available ATM, does anyone know when interviews will be going ahead again? Thanks!

    • 14 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. Wazbat
    Started by Wazbat,

    At Merpol do you get issued boots? or do you have to buy your own? Cheers Waz

      • Like
    • 74 replies
    • 8.8k views
  13. vodka_monday
    Started by vodka_monday,

    Does anybody know how long you can get for a leave of absence, or what the criteria is. Also can you ask for a secondment to admin or other areas insted of a leave of absence. Just changed jobs and having a little difficulty with fulfilling my hours of commitment, and don't wish to resign without trying to get things straight. Cheers VM

    • 2 replies
    • 825 views
  14. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    Just if anyone knows. I would really like to work from Speke police station as I hear its a busy one but, Ive been told garston covers that area, does that mean I have to go to garston? Any help would be great.

    • 0 replies
    • 847 views
    Marinebillie1918
  15. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    would merpol let you off with the odd sick day or two over? I am just thinking as I left my last job before the one I have now, without working my week notice and they might have classed me as taking that week as a sick week. I dont know until the reference comes back but, I was just thinking it could possibly not go in my favour but, when your young these things dont compute. I dont want it to go against me. I have 12 days that i remember, the other may add up past the 24 allowed my merseyside police, would this be a strict yes its okay or, No ,bye,bye. what do you think?

    • 2 replies
    • 811 views
    Marinebillie1918

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.