Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    Hi all, I am due to take training tomorrow and still abit unsure of what station to go/apply to. Can anyone shed some light on the Liverpool South Stations? I was looking at either Garston or Belle vale but, would like to know about any station. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  2. Conor
    Started by Conor,

    Just a quick question, how many questions are asked in the competency interview for the Specials?

    • 2 replies
    • 461 views
  3. Jbrown17
    Started by Jbrown17,

    I have an interview soon, does anyone have an idea of questions I could be asked or any tips ?

    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    Do we still get sprayed with the CS spray on training so we know what it's like if we ever spray someone with it?? Won't be looking forward to that if I get on to training haha

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 1.9k views
  5. Midge120
    Started by Midge120 * ,

    Hi I've recently passed my interview and was informed by email on Xmas eve. I have my medical booked in for 21st of feb but had no other appointments through. I'm just trying to work out when, if successful and offered a position, training will start. Does anyone know when this intake is due to start or can roughly work it out for me from their experience?? I passed paper sift in sept, assessment day 14th nov and interview 19th dec Thank you in advance for any help you can give

    • 7 replies
    • 881 views
  6. natalie1990
    Started by natalie1990,

    Hi everyone, I have an interview tomorrow for special constable, I have received a special constable checklist that I need to take with me. The checklist asks me if anything has changed since I first applied i.e., job, address or any other persons living at home address. My answer to this is No. Then the form asks if I have a partner that I have been in a relationship with for 6 months or longer.. if YES they need partners full name, dob, full postal address etc. and same again for partners mother and father. I'm unsure if I am to fill this in as I have already completed this on my application. Also character references can not be friends or family, can anybody give m…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 833 views
  7. pspdavie
    Started by pspdavie * ,

    Attitudes towards Male Rape Ethics Code: IPHS-1314-LB-206-Male Rape Hi, My name is Phil Davies and I am a final year undergraduate psychology student at the University of Liverpool. I am currently preparing to undertake a research project into attitudes towards male rape. I would like to recruit serving Police Officers to take part in this piece of research. The research would take approximately twenty minutes to complete and would involve completing a Male Rape Myth questionnaire, consisting of 22 questions, which will assess how much you disagree or agree with the statements. In addition, you will be asked to read a fictitious vignette depicting male rape, befo…

  8. LBMD
    Started by LBMD,

    Hi all. Long time lurker around the forums. Recently had my interview for the role of Special Constable and today (much to my surprise) received the news that I had successfully passed the interview. Just like to say thanks to everyone on here who has posted advice for not just the interview but the whole recruitment process as I have been trawling through the forum reading advice and information at every stage and I have no doubt in my mind that this has been a contributing factor to me being successful at each assessment stage of the process. Hopefully all the necessary checks and paperwork come back in a satisfactory and timely manner now. For anyone interested i…

      • Like
    • 47 replies
    • 1.9k views
  9. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    As things obviosuly change from time to time and it can be frustrating trawling through feeds for up to date information I thought I would summarise a few bits and bobs here to supplement the amount of information already available. How does the initial training work and what is the timetable like? The initial training is currently held at Lea Green training centre, St Helens. There is also an evening session at HQ, and attestation is also held at HQ. The training follows the following format. 5 evening sessions held at Lea Green or HQ lasting around 2.5 hours. There are 6 weekend sessions are Saturdays and Sundays at Lea Green and are either 0930-1700 or 0830-1700. W…

    • 23 replies
    • 4.6k views
  10. Lima
    Started by Lima,

    Anyone on the January start for the 08/13 candidates?

    • 3 replies
    • 599 views
  11. diving_moose
    Started by diving_moose,

    Hi, Anyone on here a merseyside Arv officer, if so can you drop me a message

    • 0 replies
    • 743 views
  12. AlyssaJayneShaw
    Started by AlyssaJayneShaw * ,

    I recently passed my PIRT first go and have my interview coming up when I got the email to say I passed I got emailed a checklist of what to bring to interview such as birth certificate, passport , driving licence etc. my driving licence is currently at my old address but I'm in the process of changing it although it won't be changed in time for interview I've tried ringing but can't get through to merseyside police specials for advice anyone any advice

    • 8 replies
    • 788 views
  13. LauFrances
    Started by LauFrances,

    Hi, I gave my fingerprints on the 6th October ish and I still haven't heard anything about training dates so I was just wondering if anyone else had heard and how normal it was to wait so long. I'm just panicking really and trying to plan stuff for weekends after Christmas but obviously the Specials is my priority so I don't want anything to get in the way. Thanks Laura

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 570 views
  14. merseyboy
    Started by merseyboy * ,

    I applied to be a special back in 2011 at the age of 18 and reached interview stage. Unfortunately, due to a lack of confidence and some poor answers my journey ended there. Now at 21 and with some security experience under my belt I thought I'd give it another shot. I currently live in Sefton but if all goes well I'd like to work in Liverpool North. I submitted my application on 17/11/2013 and I'm still awaiting a response. I'd just like to say a quick hello and I look forward to getting to know you all over the next few months. Thanks Elliot

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 755 views
  15. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,

    I have an interview very soon and some of the questions I must research are a) Who will I be working with within Merseyside Police? b) Who will I be working with outside Merseyside Police? c) Which departments will I be liaising with? d) Who does the wider police family consist of? I'm just wondering if somebody can give me some quick info, I've found a little information but not too much. Much appreciated!

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.