Merseyside Police
384 topics in this forum
-
Hi, I'm due to start with Merseyside Police on August 3rd. My understanding is that we start over at Mather Avenue on the 3rd - and we are there for approx. 4 weeks, at which point we start over at Lea Green in St Helens. Just a quick question - is there any chance of hopping in a car with someone else who is also starting around the same time? I currently live on the Wirral, but I was planning on moving over to Liverpool once the first months pay arrives - so ideally I'd be looking to hop in a car somewhere in Liverpool. If anyone is able to do this and is interested let me know; obviously I can contribute some cash towards petrol! Everyone wins :)
-
What are the pros and con's of PCSTO's ex traffic wardens driving police vehicles.
-
- 8 replies
- 1.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
With summer fast approaching will we be allowed to wear force issue shorts in the warm weather like they do in Austrailia and other countries. would having milk bottle white legs be classed as unproffesional.
-
- 13 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Is it possible to buy glasses that can detect smart water
-
- 9 replies
- 1.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
why are there a lot of marriage breakups in the police my wife and i have been together for 7yrs we got married last year and now she tells me she wants to leave and its over could the shift patteren have alot to do with this also does the force offer marriage counselling.
-
- 9 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Merseyside Police website here: http://www.merseyside.police.uk
-
1. Where will I be posted/when will I find out? You can choose during training which Area (or BCU - basic command unit) you are posted to and in most cases, the exact station. It's very rare that recruits don't get posted to the station they choose but it can sometimes happen due to numbers within the Area. Wherever you are posted, you can transfer at any point in your career with a valid reason and approval from your supervision. 2. When do I get my CS spray, baton and handcuffs? You will get most of your protective equipment upon the completion of training - in most cases, on the night you are attested. 3. When can I get a driving course? There are currently no p…
-
Members of the Merseyside Police Special Constabulary are volunteers, who, in their spare time provide valuable assistance to their regular colleagues, support staff and members of the extended police family. They are men and women from all walks of life, varied ethnic backgrounds and all sections of the community – shop assistants, electricians, sales persons, students, teachers, police support staff, business managers or at home bringing up a family. They are ordinary people who want to make a difference in improving the quality of life for their communities. Every Special Constable’s presence offers essential and much valued support to regular officers of Mersey…
-