Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. AntMan
    Started by AntMan,

    Hey guys, I just got my invitation to attend an interview... That's right, I passed my PIRT :D I was just wondering if anyone else here has recently passed their PIRT and will be attending an interview this month... Leave a message as it would be cool to chat to someone else in my situation

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. Adam.peers
    Started by Adam.peers,

    Figured this gets brought up ALL THE TIME by new recruits / serving specials so figured it might be worth noting it... Its a topic that gets brought up over and over again, I got shown this through working with the NHS, but I realised when I logged onto the site they also condone Police (amongst other) discounts, which could work for some members on here, and would therefore stop new recruits 'flashing their warrant card' willy nilly ? although you may be wise as to check with your supervisors etc. before signing up, as to whether it is acceptable to use it? The Website is: http://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/index.php?p=about I'm not really sure what discounts they offer …

    • 4 replies
    • 3k views
    Silver1546080979
  3. giddens
    Started by giddens,

    Might seem like a silly question, but work have just sent me on a first aid course. Can I get signed off as first aid qual'd to use this on duty if needed or do I have to do a first aid course via Merpol?

    • 15 replies
    • 2k views
  4. mtmoore
    Started by mtmoore,

    Hi, first off I'm on this forum looking for a bit of help with college work and posted another topic here and would be grateful if anyone could help. But anyway I had a little experience with Merseyside Police and just wanted to know if anyone may be able to help me. So the story is I was having something to eat one day by my own and I was sitting on the bank of the River Mersey, I was minding my own business and not causing any trouble and then all of a sudden a Police man comes up to me and starts talking saying someone thought I may jump in and be mental etc. I talked to him for a while and he asked to take my details and at first I was a little apprehensive as …

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 2.1k views
  5. Aimee.Interview.
    Started by Aimee.Interview.,

    Anyone from Merseyside Police or has been through the interview stage and knows of any good prep

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. Aimee.Interview.
    Started by Aimee.Interview.,

    Pls can anyone send a link or give any relevant info on the 6 areas of merseyside so I have more knowledge 4 interview, thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. Quebec
    Started by Quebec,

    Hi, first off I'm on this forum looking for a bit of help with college work and posted another topic here and would be grateful if anyone could help. But anyway I had a little experience with Merseyside Police and just wanted to know if anyone may be able to help me. So the story is I was having something to eat one day by my own and I was sitting on the bank of the River Mersey, I was minding my own business and not causing any trouble and then all of a sudden a Police man comes up to me and starts talking saying someone thought I may jump in and be mental etc. I talked to him for a while and he asked to take my details and at first I was a little apprehensive as I tho…

  8. scratchfree
    Started by scratchfree,

    Who had their final interview on this day, i was waiting with 2 other gents approx 2.00pm would like to know how there getting on cheers. if its u pm me then this thread can be deleted.. Cheers James

  9. GMC10
    Started by GMC10 * ,

    Could possibly be starting for the above job in the very near future and just want to know what the training is like? Also what I am in for when put on active duties? I have got a good idea but just want some further info from anyone. Any advice or comments are welcome. Thanks!

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  10. DAVESMITH33331546619992
    Started by DAVESMITH33331546619992,

    Hi, I am eligable for the SPP payment this year. As some of you may know, it is paid at christmas... but does anyone know if we get it before christmas..or after christmas day... also are we actually getting it this year with the torys getting in and budget cuts etc...

    • 1 reply
    • 1.7k views
  11. PC Tomo
    Started by PC Tomo,

    Hi all Wondered if any recent merpol recruits could let me know what the training is like? Got my fitness and vetting early may and getting quite excited now. Intakes hopefully are in Jun, Jul, Aug, Oct, Nov, Dec...I'm going to be moving to liverpool and just wondered the following: - how long are you at Lea Green for and what are the hours? when do you go out to your BCU and enter onto shifts - are you told when leave is at start of training (just for booking holidays etc? - how is your BCU decided and do you get any choice? also is it the same for neighbourhood or response? Thank you Stacy

    • 3 replies
    • 3.4k views
  12. PC Tomo
    Started by PC Tomo,

    Hi guys..... i have started a new post. Has anyone heard anything yet? i keep reading about a the next intake being june/july with a freeze on intakes after that...anyone heard anything similiar? If so, its a tight timeline, but it would be fab. How's everyone getting on? started prep yet? I was in liverpool this weekend..first time in ages, so was great to recognise some of the places i'm reading about...got fairly excited :biggrin: Hope everyone is good... stacy

    chris_hinch
  13. Tash_HGC
    Started by Tash_HGC,

    Hey all, Well done to those who passed :-). I have my fitness & medical on 6th May starting @ 9am. I just had a thought- is anyone traverlling from North Wales on this day, I was hoping to share a lift (I can share petrol cost) or have some company on the train :-). Tash xx

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Bruce_Almighty
  14. PC Tomo
    Started by PC Tomo,

    Hi guys... dont mean to alarm anyone but after doing some digging it seems that merpol are quite strict on the sickness record.... they look for no more than 3 occasions in the last three years. If you have anymore then you need to put in with your info reasons behind the sickness in the hope that they might still accept you. If they reject you, you can appeal i believe. It three occasions not three days..... again i wish everyone luck with there applications. stacy

    Bruce_Almighty
  15. officewalla
    Started by officewalla,

    Lots of rumours at the moment re forthcoming budget cuts and the possibility that older officers will be given the opportunity of early retirement. Anyone heard anything other than rumours?

    • 1 reply
    • 2.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.