Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merseyside Police

 
 
  1. vanilla
    Started by vanilla,

    I am currently changing jobs which I have waited years to achieve and it has more hours and allot of traveling is involved to get there and back home, also I have applied for the specials couple of months ago and passed all the stages and recruitment dept are awaiting character references (a couple have already been sent), but now I fear I may have to withdraw my application as this new job will consume most of my time and energy with traveling, so I will have very little available for the training and patrolling, and on top of that I need to learn to drive. Any advice would greatly be appreciated, thank you.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  2. vwsteve
    Started by vwsteve,

    which is the best station to go to as a special constable for merseyside south

    • 0 replies
    • 950 views
  3. Duffy4
    Started by Duffy4,

    received email saying id passed the interview bout an hour ago. Only took interview today... made up!. Just wondering how long does it usually take from now till medical and fitness test? forgot to mention its for Merseyside police.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. Deputy Dewey
    Started by Deputy Dewey,

    As title really... I am interested in finding out from parading specials who is first aid trained. Have given some responses that I think would be relevent in relation to the training. As mentioned, this would only be suitable for parading officers, if you have the training but don't go in, not really any point is there... Oh, and Merseyside only, ta... Thanks DD

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Caroline1546081227
  5. cop4this1
    Started by cop4this1,

    It was announced in the Echo last night that there is to be a decision made this month if Specials should be paid £1000 to keep them " interested" due to the falling numbers, this is due to number of specials that join but do not stay very long. Should Specials be paid £1000 to keep them in the force? Did you not join because you wanted to or did you join because you thought the extra cash would come in useful?

      • Like
    • 57 replies
    • 4.6k views
  6. Duffman
    Started by Duffman,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-12169522 Liverpool has become the first city outside of London to set up "safe havens" in local shops to help people who feel threatened by violence. Some businesses as well as community centres will allow victims to take shelter there. Staff will lock their premises, and call a victim's family or the police. The scheme will be launched by Barry Mizen, whose son Jimmy, 16, was murdered during an attack in a bakery three years ago. The London scheme was set up in memory of Jimmy Mizen. The teenager's father will launch the project in north Liverpool and announce more details at Goodison Park, the home of Everton FC. …

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.6k views
  7. Wirralplod
    Started by Wirralplod,

    Just coming back from A period of sickness and will be going to this requal on the 22nd/ 23rd Jan... anyone going to be there????

    • 9 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. rider900
    Started by rider900,

    Thought I'd post this to help others in the same situation I was until I found this. I was looking for an ride along/observation/insight scheme that Merseyside Police do. I was glad to find they do one Anyway, here's the link for people who want to apply. http://www.merseyside.police.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5436 For people who have done this before, what's it like? I'm going to apply to go on one soon! Cheers.

    • 9 replies
    • 2.1k views
  9. Duffman
    Started by Duffman,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-12184996 The police watchdog is investigating allegations that the Merseyside force used excessive force while arresting a 14-year-old boy. The boy has alleged he was pinned down by two police officers, causing injuries to his liver and spleen. He was arrested on 15 December on suspicion of possessing a stolen moped on Queens Drive in Liverpool. Merseyside Police has referred the boy's case to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC). The IPCC said it was understood the boy had scaled a high wall while trying to evade police officers. He was spotted in the back garden of a house and allegedly slipped and fe…

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
  10. sdmars
    Started by sdmars,

    Hey all. Do specials receive a first aid kit to put on their belt after they have done the first aid training? Thought it was best to ask before i went ahead and purchased one.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.5k views
  11. TillyTali
    Started by TillyTali,

    Hi all, Sorry if this has been posted before, but I have been unable to find anything to answer my question. I am currently part way through the recruitment process with South Yorkshire Police (vetting and drugs to go!)... I am hoping to go on to University and I am weighing up my options of where, Liverpool is one of them. I wanted to know if anyone here knew whether Merseyside accepts transfers from other forces? Just trying to plan ahead if everything goes to plan ! Thanks a lot :-) Tal

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
    david Burgess-Joyce
  12. vwsteve
    Started by vwsteve,

    At last, after a long vetting period my file is rubber stamped and my training starts on the 17/01/11 is there anyone else that has received the good news.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. david Burgess-Joyce
    Started by david Burgess-Joyce,

    Good evening, I hope you all had a great Xmas and are looking forward to a New Year. It's been a somewhat lean time being a Special Constable for the past few years. A general lack of interest in its progression and growth is, in many cases, worse than open hostility. However, the Review sponsored by Mr Murphy is beginning to take shape and some of the key headlines are: I now attend Chief Officer's Group every month. Never happened before and the first one is 18th January I will be Gold Command and the Assistant Chief Officer (when installed) will be Silver for all SC force events. This is also a first and will begin with the SC Weekend in February I meet monthly f…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
    david Burgess-Joyce
  14. macca78
    Started by macca78,

    .

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. 050875
    Started by 050875,

    I know there's been a topic similar .... But is the uniform fitting after the medical or is it after you've passed your vetting ?

    • 12 replies
    • 2.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.